S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum > Inline Artistic
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inline Artistic Discussions about artistic skating on inline figure skates.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 01:51 PM   #1
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Default Gustavo Casado From Brazil 1stplace On Short Program Inline

WAY TO GO GUSTAVO!!

Please post your comments about his presentation because sadly I wasnt able to log in at that time but hours later...it was the most frustrating thing

Regards
zerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:42 PM   #2
Arthur Lee

Gustavo did a great job tonight for short program. He ranks #1 out of the 11 men skaters!

Inline Men Result - Short Program, please click:
http://www.2007worldartchampionships...1194094666.pdf

Inline Ladies Result - Short Program, please click:
http://www.2007worldartchampionships...1194094758.pdf

Arthur Lee from Carrara Sports Stadium, Gold Coast, Australia
Arthur Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Fariba

Congratulations to Huang Chin-Wei and others, this is amazing second place for TPE. What was happening to Adrian?!!!
Fariba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 09:18 PM   #4
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Hi LIst

I was so excited that I had not posted everything I meant to.

Please, I would like to add that I was not able to watch the competition but Ive finaly got to see some flashes and Id like to congratulate each of of the inline mens skater who has done an herculeous job to make such a great show a gift for all of us around the world.,

Thus, congrat toeach of you and your coaches.

Gustavo Casado De Melo BRA , Huang Chin-Wei TPE , Carlos Urquia ARG , James Johnson USA,Andrew Bassi AUS , Eric Traonouez FRA, Anup Kumar Yama IND, Adrian Baturin ARG , William Salsbury , Chen Jui-Shu TPE &. Aslan Lotfi IRI

Each one of them has been making their history in the sport.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED TO YALL
Old November 4th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #5
Flaviao

Flaviao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #6
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater

very nice routine! Was wondering where the doubles and triples were.
Didn't know they waited on the shorts. Learning something newevery day.
Old November 5th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #7
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastskater View Post
very nice routine! Was wondering where the doubles and triples were.
Didn't know they waited on the shorts. Learning something newevery day.

the short programs are part of the score, 25% i think and the long is multiplied 3 times for the total numbers. i agree with you wasnt a very clean skate for any of the top 5 and some of the difficult items were missing. certainly not the best we seen in the past 5 years. but congratulations to the winners they did what they needed to win.
Old November 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #8
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaviao View Post
YOU MADE IT !!! CONGRATS ! PARABENS GUSTAVO !! AWESOME ROUTINE ,VIGOUROUS SKATING We are so thankful to take Brazil to the highest podium position at such young age and previous record. Gustavo,still many many years to come to gift us with your beautiful skating.
OBRIGADO GUS!
Old November 6th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #9
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerio View Post
YOU MADE IT !!! CONGRATS ! PARABENS GUSTAVO !! AWESOME ROUTINE ,VIGOUROUS SKATING We are so thankful to take Brazil to the highest podium position at such young age and previous record. Gustavo,still many many years to come to gift us with your beautiful skating.
OBRIGADO GUS!

how old is gustavo? if hes young like you said we should see good things from him in the future. i probably expect to much from these guys as i gauge them all from Jayson when he was winning worlds on inlines. of course he did all the items on quads first so he had an edge i think lol. i want to see clean 2 axels and triples from these guys, mapes, toe walley, salcow, lutz and flip and maybe even a loop eventually. i think Jayson did all of those except for the loop, not sure on that one. but he will let me know when he reads this lol.
Old November 6th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #10
zerio
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
how old is gustavo? if hes young like you said we should see good things from him in the future. i probably expect to much from these guys as i gauge them all from Jayson when he was winning worlds on inlines. of course he did all the items on quads first so he had an edge i think lol. i want to see clean 2 axels and triples from these guys, mapes, toe walley, salcow, lutz and flip and maybe even a loop eventually. i think Jayson did all of those except for the loop, not sure on that one. but he will let me know when he reads this lol.

Hell get there Rick wish Gustavo and others could comeup to post on behalf of themselves...an idea...lets tease them,.. he will post then!

Jayson is already parr of the skating history... and those folks are now continueing his task.... Im not sure about Gustavos age now...either 16 or 17

I myself prefered the overall short routine over the long. Artistic has not shown the SHOW Id expected and yes you are right regarding clean jumps Iguess...but let me tell you..I could bearly see the skates because the files I saw had cut the bottom part of the videos... so I could not tell much whether or not they were clean but even though they were safer, more vigorous and better than last years....slowly and firmly thats how inline skating develops.... way togo withour heroes and heroines... regarding inline mens precision I coudnt see any clip at all...I dotn have a clue about it...if anyone does have pix or anything about the event and coments etc please open a new tread about it.

Best
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:44 AM   #11
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerio View Post
Hell get there Rick wish Gustavo and others could comeup to post on behalf of themselves...an idea...lets tease them,.. he will post then!

Jayson is already parr of the skating history... and those folks are now continueing his task.... Im not sure about Gustavos age now...either 16 or 17

I myself prefered the overall short routine over the long. Artistic has not shown the SHOW Id expected and yes you are right regarding clean jumps Iguess...but let me tell you..I could bearly see the skates because the files I saw had cut the bottom part of the videos... so I could not tell much whether or not they were clean but even though they were safer, more vigorous and better than last years....slowly and firmly thats how inline skating develops.... way togo withour heroes and heroines... regarding inline mens precision I coudnt see any clip at all...I dotn have a clue about it...if anyone does have pix or anything about the event and coments etc please open a new tread about it.

Best

wow he is young and has a time for a good upside so we might see it all eventually. a lot of the items were underrotated and a bit 2 footed on some but still good programs. the short has less items and less time and less room for error also. still good to watch and they all work hard. like you said inline is still a work in progress.