S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum > Outdoor Quads
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Quads Discussions about outdoor quad skates and any discussion relatd to skating on quad roller skatse outdoors.

Old January 10th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #1
wired

Default Skorpion Quadline on sale

I REALLY like these for urban adventuring. You just put them on over your street shoes and go. When you get somewhere you want to check out pop off the skates and go on in. Additionally if you get to some terrain that is not friendly to your skating ability, like a LARGE hill, take off the skates and walk.

I use a piece of 3/8" rope with loops on each end to carry the skates over a shoulder when they are off my feet. Just slip a loop over the rear wheels on each skate.

Anyway, Skorpion Quadline Urban Street Skates are on sale at skates.com for $99 with free shipping. You might get an additional 5% if you use skorpionz as a checkout coupon code.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 05:48 AM   #2
Alaskanonna

Question Still using the Skorpions?

Are you still using the Skorpions 2 years later... and still love them? Have you tried other Quadlines since then?
Alaskanonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #3
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskanonna View Post
Are you still using the Skorpions 2 years later... and still love them?
Yep, Still like em and skate them on a regular basis. I have worn down three sets of wheels so far. They are a whole lot of fun. I think there have been at least 5 sets sold due to people seeing me on them. You do end up answering a lot of questions about skating.

Quote:
Have you tried other Quadlines since then?
No. I did put some 90mm inline wheels on some bowling shoes with Probe plates. That was enough to convince me that I really didn't like the increased sole height of that sort of setup.
Old April 9th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #4
Alaskanonna

Question Quadlines - Quad skates?

I think I will try the Skorpions.. may have to order online.... though I will be up in Fairbanks in a few weeks and I hear they may have a store that actually carries the Skorpions. I am an extreme newbie so hope you don't mind more questions! Do you skate on other quads outdoors also? You mentioned you did not like the 90 mm quadlines you tried. I'm thinking since I REALLY want stability and slowness that I may want to avoid the height of the quadlines?? What about other outdoor roller skates compared to the quadlines? THANK YOU!
Alaskanonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #5
wired

Quote:
Do you skate on other quads outdoors also?
I have skated almost every pair of skates I have owned outdoors. Before I started buying good wheels (Cannibals, Shamans, Stillettos) I would just put the skates on and go. These days I swap out the wheels for either 70mm Krypto Routes or 70mm Velocity Race to avoid damaging the indoor wheels and for the advantages of the larger softer wheels outdoor.

As noted in several threads here there are advantages in setting up a skate for outdoor use but since I tend to mount my plates fairly far forward I'm at least 1/2 way there already.

Quote:
You mentioned you did not like the 90 mm quadlines you tried.
I have not tried any other Quadline product than the Skorpions. I machined some 90mm inline wheels and put them on some regular trucks and I didn't like the way they skated due to height and limited stability. The other Quadline products use wider trucks so they may be more stable but the height will be about the same or greater.

Quote:
I'm thinking since I REALLY want stability and slowness
Slow, fast and stability are fairly relative terms. For speed a lot depends on the surface you are rolling on. The rougher the surface the slower you will roll. I have been on streets that were so rough that you had to push doing downhill. Due to your experience level I would suggest finding a nice level place to practice. It is nice if there is grass around the edges so you have a nice soft escape route. As you get more experience you will find that speed control and stability are more a function of your abilities rather than a your skates.