S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum > Outdoor Quads
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Quads Discussions about outdoor quad skates and any discussion relatd to skating on quad roller skatse outdoors.

Old April 16th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Iggy
DGS Racing

Talking My Future Outdoor Project

Don't know if these would actually work, but they'd be awesome if they did.

Puma Running shoes. Light weight, low cut, and best of all the breathable mesh. Tell me that wouldn't be nice to have skating outdoor in the heat of summer. I think with Armadillo's dragon plate sole stiffener these would be sweet skate boots. I don't know if the lateral support would be there, though it looks like there might be something of a heel counter on them.
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #2
Armadillo

Default How lightweight are these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Don't know if these would actually work, but they'd be awesome if they did.

Puma Running shoes. Light weight, low cut, and best of all the breathable mesh. Tell me that wouldn't be nice to have skating outdoor in the heat of summer. I think with Armadillo's dragon plate sole stiffener these would be sweet skate boots. I don't know if the lateral support would be there, though it looks like there might be something of a heel counter on them.
These look rather lightweight, and the sole curl up at the toe may give you a problem. If you pull the sole down flat to the plate, it often causes the toe box to distort enough to make your arch hurt. Also, there does not seem to be enough stiff heel and side counter to offer much lateral support (as you mentioned).

I am skeptical of nearly all the running shoe designs because of their excessively NON-FLAT soles. They are also typically NOT engineered to handle much in the way of lateral thrust since running does not normally require this motion. Some of the cross trainer shoes are like running shoes as far as weight and cushioning, but the also have good lateral support, but they still curl up too much at the toe for my liking.
Other good lateral support sport shoe concepts come from tennis (mostly heavy), badminton (light), boxing, and baseball -- in addition to the more common ones here at SLF of soccer and basketball.

-Armadillo
Old April 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Iggy
DGS Racing

Well as far as the toe is concerned, I think these would fix that:

EDEA Power Wedges

http://www.skatesus.com/store/produc...roducts_id=169

And concerning the lateral support, I'd be interested in trying a pair of these on to see. I know my soccer cleats only have counters in the heel but the lateral support is still quite good. Though those are leather (well, fake leather) and these running shoes are a softer mesh. Though I think as long as the fit snug and that rubber looking part on the heel does act as something of a heel counter, they might work.
Old April 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #4
Armadillo

Default Power wedges sound coolhave to get a pair

The Power Wedges sound great, except perhaps for their one-size fits all aspect. At least they are hollow for less weight, but not sure how well they would work on a glue mount, or when screws pass through the hollow zone. The shape looks kind of pointy too at least for running shoes. Perhaps it's just the angle.

Mounted on skates view:

-Armadillo