S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old July 13th, 2014, 04:58 AM   #1
Entropy
Disorderly member

Question Blue Streak boots: your thoughts?

Now that these boots have been out a little while I'd love to hear what anyone here who has tried them think of them in every respect - quality, durability, fit, anything you have to say!

Basically I need to go up half a size from my current 126's, and want to get a better boot too whilst I'm at it. The Blue Streaks look and sound great, but I don't live near a store and have to purchase online, so it's hard to try them out first - this is how I've ended up with too-small boots in the first place. I'm going to have the boots made to the Gamma last (D/B) so they're same width as my 126's, just a half-size longer.

On that note I'd be particularly interested in your thoughts on length, as I've heard that many skaters have sized down a half-size in these compared to other Riedells..

Thanks!
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:58 AM   #2
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Wow. No replies. I saw a pair and was not impressed. The leather looked thin.

My thoughts. Get a Bont Quad Racer instead.
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #3
Entropy
Disorderly member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Wow. No replies. I saw a pair and was not impressed. The leather looked thin.

My thoughts. Get a Bont Quad Racer instead.
No replies.. yeah I noticed that too. Thanks for dropping by, was getting lonely! Maybe I should have posted within the Quad forum rather than specifically the Derby board, but then 'tis a derby boot.

I've heard that the Kango-tan leather is finer, but then it's on the 595 too, and they've been around for a while. I'm curious about Bonts but have nowhere near me to try them out unfortunately, and since these are the third go I've had at getting a good fit purchasing online I'm reluctant to switch to an entirely different brand and start again working out the right size / width for me.

Pretty sure I'll end up buying a pair unmounted just to try on and checking out, then sending them back to be mounted for me..
Old July 14th, 2014, 11:38 AM   #4
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
No replies.. yeah I noticed that too. Thanks for dropping by, was getting lonely! Maybe I should have posted within the Quad forum rather than specifically the Derby board, but then 'tis a derby boot.

I've heard that the Kango-tan leather is finer, but then it's on the 595 too, and they've been around for a while. I'm curious about Bonts but have nowhere near me to try them out unfortunately, and since these are the third go I've had at getting a good fit purchasing online I'm reluctant to switch to an entirely different brand and start again working out the right size / width for me.

Pretty sure I'll end up buying a pair unmounted just to try on and checking out, then sending them back to be mounted for me..
Bont has an online sizing tool that works well. It tells you how to measure your feet, you punch in he numbers, and it gives you a size. If your foot is wide or narrow, it will tell you so, and that you need a custom last. The standard last is pretty good however. Bont soles are a bit smaller than a Riedell, and the nice Roo leather wraps around your foot in a delicious way.

Reach out to a few of the Aussies. They should be able to help with a fitting is someone is near you. Try pm ing Big Nick or quantoo to get you in touch with other aussies. Or check the Melbourne skaters unite thread to find some aussies.

Here is a link: http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=41415

Go in there and find out what aussies are where, and who can help you out.