S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old January 28th, 2020, 04:53 PM   #1
rhyfelwr

Default Seba High Light Carbon V2 vs FR Igor

I originally skated on ice but changed to inline about 18 months back.

I already have two pairs of Powerslide 3 x 125 but I tried a friend's pair of Bauer hockey boots and the smaller wheels and rockered setup really reminded me of what it's like to turn quickly and get those fluid transitions.

I now want a more manoeuvrable setup and had ordered the Powerslide HC Evo Trinity (2019) but found, as a lot of people do, that there was excessive pressure pain just under the insides of my inner ankle bones - they went back.

The Powerslide Tau 90 is likely to be the same - if not worse, as I have experience with my Carbon "Grand Prix" marathon skates.

I'm assured the Seba High Light (maybe Carbon version) or FR Igor would be a more comfortable fit. The High Lights come with a flat setup by default but, with a big price hike, you get a naturally rockered frame with the FR Igor.

Both being slalom/freestyle skates, I'm worried that the fit will be just as problematic so wondered if anyone here has been through a similar process?

Also, just how much difference is there with a 2mm rockered setup to front and rear wheels? Am I trying too hard to get that ice skate feel?
rhyfelwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2020, 08:10 AM   #2
Oicusk82huh

Hi. I'm chiming in because there are almost no slalom skaters here anymore. Yes, I'd personally go with the Igor if you can afford it. The rocker will be 4mm (not 2), and yes it makes all the difference in the world.

I have the High Lights and put a rockered plate on them. They are truly a superior skate and I hear the Igor is even better. If I were gonna start over, I'd just start with the Igor. My seba's feel exactly like an ice skate. I love them so much. I did have problems with sizing though (with the High Lights). I hear there are fewer sizing problems with the Igors.

Good luck and cheers! Does anyone else still skate slalom where you live?
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr igor, freestyle, high light, seba, slalom