S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aggressive Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to vert skating, skatepark tricks, aggressive street skating, action sports events, and the aggressive skating lifestyle.

Old September 10th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #41
geriatricskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffsk8er View Post
Excellent Tactic, geriatricskate! When the questions get tough......quit.

Throughout this thread, instead of actually debating the issue of why skateboarding threads should or should not be started here, you instead : belittled my opinion (did not debate it), made snide remarks, and attacked me personally. You still haven't even tried to answer the material discussed on post #34.

Then, when the chips are down, you piously act as if you have the power to end the discussion (post 34 & 38) and that any responses are somehow a waste of time. Which is very handy for you since I put you to task in answering my last two posts. This is a forum; If you post, expect a response. Or are you that naive?

Also, I was not trying to "rise" you. I just want a straight answers and not character assassination. I have given you the best example possible as to why skateboard threads do not belong here, and you quit. You need to learn that if you can dish it out, you sure as hell better be prepared to take it as well.

I have the power to end this barrage of words which cannot be related to a discussion. It is your right to think what you wish and I take the same liberty.
geriatricskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #42
Z3R0L4G

Guys can we give it a rest? Winning an argument online is like winning the special Olympics, You might have won but your still a retard.
Z3R0L4G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #43
geriatricskate

Z3R0L4G: you are right it was more than time to close this.

Boy, am I glad my daughter did explain last September to me that in America the word "retard" is still in genuine use. Here in England it is an insult; if you would term a handicapped person (either physically or mentally) "retard" you would more than just be frowned upon.
My daughter has studied neuropsychology and is currently working with mentally and physically handicapped people in Boston in order to gain practical experience which is required for her PhD. Perhaps you can imagine our first online conversation.... (one in proper english, the other in germanaccentenglish) :"Mama, I love it here, everyone is really nice.... but........ d'you know wha? they call handicapped people RETARDED.... isn't that awful?" "Oh!! Are you sure? Zat is awwful.... "
Once my daughter realized that this is not meant like the English mean it, she was ok.
And I am now glad that I knew this beforehand!!

Due to my daughters profession I have taken to watch the paraolympics and also came across this guy "Aaaron Fotheringham" on youtube. Extreme wheelchairing!
Old September 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #44
biffsk8er

I agree. An argument cannot be won when either sides argument is to degrade the other and to call them names. If the issue itself is not the focus of the discussion, then no conclusion to the argument will ever solidify.

I will not close this on your terms of name calling. I will close this argument only when the actual subject of discussion is the focus. And then, only once both sides decide to desist.

I will not be derided and then told to "end this". Once you can stop name calling and actually argue your case without intolerance, then we can end this.
Old September 11th, 2009, 04:47 AM   #45
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

This is a thread for Quad and Inline Aggressive Skaters as the Heading clearly states. (or does it) My point, if you can call it that, is that it would be cool to also have and additional thread for Skateboarders, since we all share from the same Evolutionary tree. I personally like to look at all the Skating disciplines threads, weather I participate in that particular form of Skating or not. ---Now that you Guys have had time to catch yer breath, --round 12--but no hittin below the belt, or hair pullin. that shows bad form, and simply won't do.
Old September 11th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #46
Ulle
Flying Fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0L4G View Post
Guys can we give it a rest? Winning an argument online is like winning the special Olympics, You might have won but your still a retard.
Haha dude, I almost fell off my chair.

To others: This whole thread is coming "unreadable" for me, hate when people argue about things that aint too important, you know chiiilll duuudes and dudeets!
Ulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #47
Null Object
Forward Mounted

Default Skateboarding

Hi, I just read this whole thread and wow... When I saw a thread entitled Skateboarding in the inline aggressive section, I thought I'd have a look as I have Skateboarded for 23 years now.

I found it quite clear that the thread was going to be about skateboarding as it was clearly titled that.

I did wonder if it would somehow be a Us v Them at the skate park type video but it wasn't.

I would be interested to know the politics of Inliners v Skateboarders form the "Inliners" perspective as I have certainly seen the "Skateboarders" view point.

Either way the post was titled Skateboarding for whatever reason and to not simply dismiss it as uninteresting, then start arguments / discussions seems like a bit of wasted energy.

I don't spend much time in the Inline section as I am not that interested in it. I respect the skills and all that Peace, Love, Respect stuff but I would imagine those of you with no interest in Skateboarding would simply overlook a thread like this.

I hope you can get along because it really is just a series of tubes this internet thing and LOL cats arn't real life.
Old September 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #48
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

I have sold all three Types in my Shop. And like with most things, People tend to flock together like birds of a feather. When ever Skaters have tried to bring me into the little debate, I just tell everyone, that " I don't care if a guy has one wheel in the middle of his forehead, if he's rolling, he's Skating". the wheel placement, or size of the platform, makes less than no difference to me. As for me, I just prefer Quads, but so what? that's just me.
Old September 11th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #49
geriatricskate

I skate in 2 great skate parks; Rampworx and Ukskatepark. And in both parks the owners had a brilliant idea; employing inline skaters, skateboarders and bmxers to look after the park during sessions.
Contrary to all beliefs that this would cause even more friction, this has lead to all regulars to get to know each other and suddenly this "hate" disappeared. It is great to get a phone call or a message from skater/biker/boarder to ask if I am interested in going along to a session. The atmosphere of all rolling together is amazingly positive!!!
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #50
biffsk8er

I also, like going to a park where all disciplines can co-exist harmoniously, and even be supportive of one another.

But, I still would not buy ad space in a surf magazine to sell roller skates.
I would also not go to a skate shop to buy hang-gliding videos.
And, I certainly do not come to an' Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating' forum to see skate boarding threads.
Old September 11th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #51
Z3R0L4G

Personally I have done All of them bikes blades boards you name it (well except the quads). I respect all even if I'm not respected by all. In fact since I've met few and far between any rollerbladers down here in Louisiana I pretty much skate with skate boarders and bikers.
Old September 12th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #52
biffsk8er

Well, I have not done all the disciplines, but I have skate boarded; though it has been many years. I tend to skate mainly with skateboarders and bikers. They are the ones who do the most vert. I get along with pretty much everyone, unless they are snakes, inconsiderate, or just in the way.

Most everyone is respectful of one another, except for the odd a**hole...or two. Kids are always a problem because they have to be trained to understand the honor system of taking turns. And also for not having 6 kids play in the bowl when skaters are waiting their turn to have a run. THAT is really annoying.
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #53
Null Object
Forward Mounted

Interesting thoughts, I guess as we get older we loose that attitude towards different disciplines. My only problem with bladers was they sometimes look so out of control and I totally think they are going to own themselves and I'm going to see some crazy broken limbs.

Bikers tend to forget they can ride a much longer set than boardes and their lines tend to be all over the place so you never really figure out where they will be going next.

I have seen some attitude problems between the 3 but I think everyone hate Skooters and mountain bikes! hahaha just kidding.
Old September 12th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #54
Skateguy
"Fear No Evil"

I have no problem with all the various skate disciplines, and support them all. but must say, it still gives me a feeling of embarrassment, when I Skate by, and see nice areas of Polished Marble, Granite, and concrete, that have been destroyed by Skaters. And the nasty patch of Grind wax, that is nearly impossible to remove, staining every park bench. Then to receive the look from the Little old Lady as she attempts to wipe it off, so She can have a clean place to sit down. People look at me, but say nothin. But their look says it all, and tells me, "Look what your People have done to that Hundred year old monument, for a moment of childish pleasure". And I have to look down at my Skates, and roll away.

Last edited by Skateguy; October 1st, 2009 at 10:30 PM.
Skateguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 02:32 AM   #55
Z3R0L4G

Agreed on that one i used to be one of those skater punks and now that I actually have responsibilities for property I see how bad it is on the property and expensive to repair and I really feel bad for it.
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #56
geriatricskate

A few real street skaters have said something similar since they got married and have bought property.

I stick to skate parks but I admit that this is mostly due to my age - perhaps this was also a factor in quickly getting on with the other disciplines.

Today my sons (1 blader, 1 skateboarder) + various friends and I will hit the skate park for a last skate before my youngest will go off to university.
I will test my DW-Basics hybrid that I created yesterday
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #57
biffsk8er

Default Guilt over street skating vandalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
I have no problem with all the various skate disciplines, and support them all. but must say, it still gives me a feeling of embarrassment, when I Skate by, and see nice areas of Polished Marble, Granite, and concrete, that have destroyed by Skaters. And the nasty patch of Grind wax, that is nearly impossible to remove, staining every park bench. Then to receive the look from the Little old Lady as she attempts to wipe it off, so She can have a clean place to sit down. People look at me, but say nothin. But their look says it all, and tells me, "Look what your People have done to that Hundred year old monument, for a moment of childish pleasure". And I have to look down at my Skates, and roll away.
Do you really have that much guilt? :P

You do not even extreme skate, Skateguy. Unless you consider skating under the influence extreme. Ha heh heh.
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #58
geriatricskate

The testing my new 'Bason Wilsic' was superb!!!! Pity that work gets in the way skating....

@SkateR174: just keep skating and stop worrying about style! My son Ben just said: " what's this thing about style? Everyone has his/her own... "

I only have a few clips of my son ( he is camera shy )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-GL0hwLGc

(You need to go to 2 min - his big sister is first!)

In short - RELAX!

I went for a royale in the higher bit of the bowl in our skatepark - I fell AFTER I did it out of surprise that I got it!

Don't worry - skate!
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #59
Demolishun
Aggro Member

I don't want to come to a aggro forum and see skateboarding posts. Unless, it can be related back to aggro or show skating spots. People come here to see aggro (inline or quad). Boarding is interesting for some technique and form, but I would not want to attract their tude I see in many boarders. It is bad enough when you go to a skate park in Louisville, make some video, post it on youtube, and have idiots threatening you over the internet for skating in "their" park. I do not desire to associate with people like that. Obviously NOT all boarders are that way, and I am sure there are many inliners that ARE that way as well. However, the subject is aggro, not boarding.

Geri,
It is funny about words in England. A friend of mine went to England and this kid came up and kicked him in the shin. My friend, surprised, responded with, "Hold on there little bugger..." and at that point got slapped in the face by the kid's mother. I talked to another guy that said this meant something quite offensive in England (won't say it here) and could see both sides. Not sure why the kid kicked him though. The little retard! Sorry, retard is offensive here as well, just not as much as over seas. However, it could mean many things: socially, physically, mentally, etc. Most of the time it is in context to mentally, but socially would be a good description of many people I know, including myself at really choice moments.
Old September 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #60
geriatricskate

@demo: sorry to read that! - and I'm sorry for your bad experience.
We have had the aggro for such a long time here as well - I decided in the end to ignore the snide remarks of some skateboarders and be positive - to find that most of them also are getting fed up with the ****. Now we all have great sessions together and make space for each other. (Skateboarders also do use wax - I just let them know when I treated a coping - they are ok with it!)

To the meanings of words.... I would have slapped you, if you had called my kids "bugger" ! Lol! On the other hand - I do slap kids if they kick me.