S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old December 27th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #1
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

Default Slalom Forum Sticky Posts

Which threads in the SkateLog Slalom Skating Forum would you recommend to be included in a list of the most interesting, most useful, most significant, or most popular discussions in that forum? I'll start by nominating a few and I will add discussions to this list as you guys recommend them:
- Kathie

Last edited by Kathie Fry; April 14th, 2010 at 11:58 PM.
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #2
micro

I'm fine with anything.

Although I'd like to highlight that different countries / places will have different specifications for the same model of skates, and everyone would have different opinions and preferences on skates anyway, so the thread on best skates for slalom cone skating is .

I was thinking perhaps we could ask the more experienced in slalom skating to come up with the useful information and then consolidate into a Sticky thread? (: just my two cents.
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #3
Kathie Fry
Forum Host

micro, actually that's what I'm trying to do (part 2 of what you said... find the most useful forum threads of the past and list them in one sticky thread).
Can you guys think of any of our past posts or discussions that should be added to the list of "sticky" posts at the top of this thread?

- Kathie
Kathie Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:42 AM   #4
Daddy-O
Seņor Member

This is one I like to reference:

http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=13803
Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Davey_Speedstar

I think that just about covers everything Kathie, if you cover too many bases then people would have no need to post - and then what would we do on cold rainy days?
Old May 12th, 2016, 07:20 AM   #6
Jords

Thumbs up

How to Get Started in Slalom (Naomi Grigg Article)

That link should be at the very top in my opinion. Every Slalom skater absolutely needs to know that name. Naomi Grigg. Probably one of the top Slalom instructors of the 21st century. Everyone, everywhere
A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y needs to know that name in full!

When ever I'm trying to strengthen the foundation basics to improve my overall abilities I always turn to her Skate Freestyle online learning website. The documentation is extensive and vastly available to all who wish to learn.

I turned up at slalom lessons in Queensland better prepared and better equiped than any of my peers and it's because of websites like that!

Besides that, the websites Naomi mentions, Munobal and kompakombo are ones I've already visited and they are 2 of the best video sites out there for learning new tricks though kompakombo is best viewed on Youtube by non-French speakers.
Jords is offline   Reply With Quote