S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old August 6th, 2008, 06:18 PM   #121
Missy N.
Pavement Queen

5'2" and 108 Ilbs, super-small-petite frame andf small boned.

I'm working my way back to 105 or less, but I may wind up not actually losing any pounds because taking women's weight training this year in school all year, plus my daily skating routine, I'll probably pack on muscle pounds and GAIN weight. I was 99 pounds last summer, but I had no hips or butt either... D: Damn, I hate being 17.
Missy N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #122
sk8crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy N. View Post
5'2" and 108 Ilbs, super-small-petite frame andf small boned.

I'm working my way back to 105 or less, but I may wind up not actually losing any pounds because taking women's weight training this year in school all year, plus my daily skating routine, I'll probably pack on muscle pounds and GAIN weight. I was 99 pounds last summer, but I had no hips or butt either... D: Damn, I hate being 17.
Missy, I'm not an expert here, by any means, but in my opinion 108 lbs is a good weight for someone 5'2" and since it is in the healthy range I wouldn't be messing too much with it. Believe me, I know it's tough being 17, I was there too, once. Its hard, but don't worry about your hips, or butt, believe me, those too will come in time. Someday, you may be cursing your hips and butt. All that matters now is that you're fit & healthy, that's what's truly important.

Christine
sk8crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #123
Missy N.
Pavement Queen

Uhm, for me, (an avid bellydancer/skater/use to be runner until my knee injury/weight lifter) 108 isn't exactly fit. I look good with clothes on and all but those extra 5 pounds or so are all right on my stomach, covering up my abs. D:

I'm not a number watcher, so if I wind up being 120 but I'm happy with my legs and waist, I really don't care. It's just right now, with these toothpick arms and ankles, I could stand to knock off a pound or two.

And don't worry. I'm not a wacked out dieter or anything, no toilet-throwing up. I have a high metabolism so as long as I'm exercising every day a little bit ( I skate about 30 mins a day, longer if I just feel like it) I can drink that Coke or two with my friends and eat those donuts while I play Halo at my friend's house.

But I know my body, and my body is always capable of being a little better, a little fitter, a little stronger. I'm just an improver like that.

And as for the hips and butt thing, that's what I meant: I'm a touch heavier now because my once teeny-a$$ grew to a better size on me. It's not like I'm going "OMG I HAVE NO A$$/MY A$$ IS TOO BIG!!!" or anything. Haha.

But thanks for your concerns.
Missy N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #124
Wheels2lab

Default silent skater

5'0", 104 lbs. You can barely hear me skating by.
Wheels2lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 01:03 AM   #125
Matriarch

Default body by derby

I'm about 5'6 and around 137 lbs. I weighed 155lbs when I started derby 10 months ago.
I had a baby almost 2 years ago and I'm about 5-10 lbs heavier than before I got pregnant (and during which I gained nearly 60 lbs). I have a feeling that those extra lbs are derby muscle.
I don't think I need to lose any more weight, now I just want to get STRONG.
Matriarch #352
Gainesville Roller Rebels
Florida Roller Derby!
Matriarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:06 AM   #126
MachV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy N. View Post
Uhm, for me, (an avid bellydancer/skater/use to be runner until my knee injury/weight lifter) 108 isn't exactly fit. I look good with clothes on and all but those extra 5 pounds or so are all right on my stomach, covering up my abs. D:

I'm not a number watcher, so if I wind up being 120 but I'm happy with my legs and waist, I really don't care. It's just right now, with these toothpick arms and ankles, I could stand to knock off a pound or two.

And don't worry. I'm not a wacked out dieter or anything, no toilet-throwing up. I have a high metabolism so as long as I'm exercising every day a little bit ( I skate about 30 mins a day, longer if I just feel like it) I can drink that Coke or two with my friends and eat those donuts while I play Halo at my friend's house.

But I know my body, and my body is always capable of being a little better, a little fitter, a little stronger. I'm just an improver like that.

And as for the hips and butt thing, that's what I meant: I'm a touch heavier now because my once teeny-a$$ grew to a better size on me. It's not like I'm going "OMG I HAVE NO A$$/MY A$$ IS TOO BIG!!!" or anything. Haha.

But thanks for your concerns.
If you're worried about your hips & butt, you'd better not skate a whole lot. LOL! Ask any long time skater.

There's equipment for everybody, but not all equipment is for every BODY.
MachV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 11:05 AM   #127
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

I was looking thru this old thread, and I've changed a bit:

6'1" 197
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #128
bluemojo
LandRoller Perfectionist

6' 230 pounds... I know I know... it needs to come off... NOW... also I was 150 pounds when I met my wife... (that was 13+ years ago!!!) wow, how time flies... it's all HER fault...
bluemojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 12:33 AM   #129
Curious Cat
Hockey Nut

168cm 61kg.. goal weight 58kg
Curious Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:01 PM   #130
ElSnapitan

Age 41
height 5'11"
Weight 230 #'s

I have always been a little thick except for USMC Boot Camp. I had to get a weight waver after I was in the fleet. I weighed about 20 pounds over the limit (186)

Now I know I need to lose some weight but there is no way I can get down to below 170 hehe. Even in boot camp I got down to 175 and I looked like a walking skeleton. I could run like the wind though hehe.

Snappy
ElSnapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 12:52 AM   #131
patience77

Default 5' 8 1/2" almost 5'9"

I have been weighing in at 136 to 140lbs the past few years.
I actually took after the short side of the family considering both my parents were 6' and over not to mention my grandfather on moms side was 6' 4" so I took after my 5'2" granny.
I've been underweight according to all the charts most of my life and didn't start getting up to a healthy weight until I had my children. I weighed in at 117lb when I got pregnant with my first child so I was a little on the puny side well till 8 months later anyway
I have to invest a lot of time in any given physical activity to maintain muscle mass and just not loose weight I really have never been an over active participant in any sport due to this. that is why I want to take skating back up it is a Fun and easy way to maintain a good muscle mass but not as taxing as weight lifting or other exercise programs and the older a person gets the more important it is for them to maintain a good physical routine.