S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old April 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #181
JGwinner
(w)Rec(k) Skater

I was really worried about the ankles, that just sounded bad.

On the PBS show on Marathons, one person had to drop out because of stress related micro fractures if I remember right - I have to admit I was pretty worried about Dan's skate but didn't want to jinx it by thinking out load about that while he was on the road!

That's the last thing you should be thinking about.

I'm glad the wrist is feeling better.

Glad everything sounds like it's feeling better.
== John ==
JGwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #182
Bryan
Dances with Short Buses

I also had the pleasure of talking to him and Hillary at Road Rash. In fact, after about the second lap they were sitting with Jenn for the duration of the race, so I had the honor of he and Hillary cheering for me every time I passed the start/finish line. That rocked.

He was bummed to not be skating. I think he said that he actually brought his skates with him to the race, but wasn’t able to put them on. (At least not without Hillary whacking him over the head.) The coolest thing about him was that he really didn’t seem to understand why he is now so famous. He kept saying “But I’m just Danny!”
Old April 30th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #183
Bill in Houston
Not Low Enough

Yes, in person he was just as nice and peaceful and deep and calm as you would expect. I was glad to get to meet him.

I think that he is planning on doing it again.
Bill in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:47 AM   #184
Dan Dannels

Thank you all. Both Hillary and I are touched by your words. We had wide smiles reading your replies.

We are planning on doing it again. We are aiming for similar time frame for it.

On the question of was it worth it, of course it was. Even if I could never skate again, I learned so many things about myself. I matured. I grew. I am more grounded from it.

I also found the other side of pain. I found that I had the ability and drive to carry on in the face of my hardest battle. I found that I can survive and succeed.

I did achieve my my highest goal. I got people excited about inline skating. I was contacted by people from all fields of skating, from figure to jam, young indoor racers to veteran world record holders. People that had never heard of inline racing were talking about what we do. This thing that we love to do got lip service.

Just keep spreading the love of skating. Then it will for sure have been worth it.
Dan Dannels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:50 AM   #185
Bryan
Dances with Short Buses

You also created a new term: now whenever somebody complains about being sore, or tired, or otherwise feeling unable to keep going, they are told to “just Danskate!”
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:58 AM   #186
Dan Dannels

Oh yeah, the fish we have are killifish. You can google images. We have 50 different species. Some of them are extinct in the wild. We help to conserve them. We have quite a bit of fun collecting and shipping the eggs around the world. We have so many fish tanks.
Dan Dannels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:32 AM   #187
JGwinner
(w)Rec(k) Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dannels View Post
Oh yeah, the fish we have are killifish.
Cool!

I keep a salt water reef tank, myself. I was hoping to purchase something from you, but if I put a killifish in there, the shrimp would be eating a little too well

If I meet anyone that keeps Killifish, I'll send them your way!

Danskate!
== John ==
JGwinner is offline   Reply With Quote