S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old April 8th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #81
Live2sk888
Skate Whisperer

There were copyright issues (I think it was to do with fan jets specifically)... that is why some of the stuff was sold as "Van-beda" - apparently that was the resolution was they had to sell it under the combined name.

I'm not sure what happened to Vanguard later on really, never head any mention of that.
Live2sk888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #82
8-Ball
CERTIFIED ANTI CRONIE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2sk888 View Post
There were copyright issues (I think it was to do with fan jets specifically)... that is why some of the stuff was sold as "Van-beda" - apparently that was the resolution was they had to sell it under the combined name.

I'm not sure what happened to Vanguard later on really, never head any mention of that.

Hmm Very weird.. Canada has laws.. where company cant release multi versions of a product under different names..

Ie. Dodge Intrepid... In Canada.. they are all Chrysler Intrepids..

Why would they have to be released under a new mfger.. if they were both separate companies operating individually.

Labeda Fan Jets...
Vangard Fan Jets..

I mean someone came up with Fanjet first... They are definitely different wheels...he'll Id venture a guess that completely different urethanes.

How would coming up with Van-Beda solve issues.. That almost makes me think they WERE in business together..

Anyone have photos of the "Van Beda" wheels?
8-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #83
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Anyone have photos of the "Van Beda" wheels?
This is the only flyer i have of the mentioning of "VanBeda". The Original Vanguard Interceptors had embossed writing in them... however the ones pictured here do not. So im assuming all of the Inteceptors that were new and never had graphics are infact "VanBeda". Like the ones that Labeda recently sold (unless they just never made it through the Graphics procedure)I also know that Rebecca and dvw have the Natural Interceptors with Graphics that clearly say only Labeda.

A-Town Sk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #84
8-Ball

OF the interceptors *yellow* that I got from Labeda.. they are different .. each one of them are.. on has what appears to be graphics on it.. but I haent taken alot of time to look to see what it is.

The only thing that appears similar are the hubs... but I havent looked close to see if they are identical as well. Ill look tonight..
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #85
Jshipman

Smile

Doc,
I had a set of those, but never really liked them much. As cool as they looked, they didn't perform nearly as well as the cannibal (orange or blue) on the race floor. The old yellow turbos were also way better for racing. And with the introduction of the wicked lips, they went away very quickly. I don't remember paying nearly the purchase price you stated. But working at a rink, I probably got a big discount at the time. As I rarely throw anything away that has to do with skate equipment, I'm pretty sure I still have them in a box in the attic, along with multiple other items many on here would love to have.
Just to tease everyone, my daughter skates on a set of my old green shamans that still have the original grooves, and I have a set of yellow wicked lips on my quads that have the original grooves and haven't touched the floor for over a year.

Jerry
Jshipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #86
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshipman View Post
Doc,
I had a set of those, but never really liked them much. As cool as they looked, they didn't perform nearly as well as the cannibal (orange or blue) on the race floor. The old yellow turbos were also way better for racing. And with the introduction of the wicked lips, they went away very quickly. I don't remember paying nearly the purchase price you stated. But working at a rink, I probably got a big discount at the time. As I rarely throw anything away that has to do with skate equipment, I'm pretty sure I still have them in a box in the attic, along with multiple other items many on here would love to have.
Just to tease everyone, my daughter skates on a set of my old green shamans that still have the original grooves, and I have a set of yellow wicked lips on my quads that have the original grooves and haven't touched the floor for over a year.

Jerry
Be sure to think about me when you find that box.......
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #87
8-Ball

Quote:
Doc,

Jerry

Oh MY.. your inbox is gonna fill up faster then a toilet at a frat party...

Any chance you could take a trip to the attic.. and shoot us some photos of what you have. Maybe the missing link is in there

And careful of the blood sucking vultures here... "We" can get silly when we hear of new stuff
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #88
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default Likes and dislikes...

Quote:
Doc,

Jerry

Wheels are a very personal thing.... Sk8r weight, power, skill all combine with floor conditions.... I sold all my Lips years ago when I got a hold of some old Interceptors and Piranhas. Never been a Cannibal fan but do run some green ones...

Yeah, just like all the vultures, (I'm too stuffed to be a vulture ) I'll be interested to see your toys...
Old April 8th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #89
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Wheels are a very personal thing.... Sk8r weight, power, skill all combine with floor conditions.... I sold all my Lips years ago when I got a hold of some old Interceptors and Piranhas. Never been a Cannibal fan but do run some green ones...

Yeah, just like all the vultures, (I'm too stuffed to be a vulture ) I'll be interested to see your toys...

+1
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:04 AM   #90
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Cool Actually Doc, A Yugoslavian Underfolder is an M70 B2!

But I usually just refer to it as an AK 47 because most people don't know what I am talking about when I call it my M70 B2! But I should have known that you would be "up on matters" like this. My Bont Quad Racers and 595's will be leaving Friday for Mars, can't wait to skate those Royals! Thanks again Doc! Derrick......

Last edited by MR SHELBY; April 9th, 2009 at 02:46 AM. Reason: No reason other than to bother 8 Ball, god I love America!
MR SHELBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 02:47 AM   #91
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default Unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR SHELBY View Post
But I usually just refer to it as an AK 47 because most people don't know what I am talking about when I call it my M70 B2! But I should have known that you would be "up on things" my Bont Quad Racers and 595's will be leaving tomorrow for Mars, can't wait to skate those Royals! Thanks so much Doc! Derrick......
AK47s are full auto... So was the M64B I quoted... The semi's are not assault weapons... just intermediate caliber replicas that have no military application. I get so cranked when some idiot in the media calls these things AK47s and assault rifles... The are neither and they are purveying the big Brady lie in the process...

I'll watch the mail...
Old April 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #92
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Smile Yes Doc, we both know that none of the semi auto AKM's were ever assalt weapons!

Luckily for us "Gun Nuts" the new Obama administration has it's hands too full with economic problems to spend very much time or energy trying to take our second ammendment rights away from us, let's just hope that it stays this way! You know Doc, the more different subjects we talk to one another about the more I like you! Brothers from other Mothers for sure! And hey 8 Ball, I have this really pristine "unskated" set of "CLAWZ" here, why don't you do A price guide on these! LMMAO! Derrick......
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #93
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR SHELBY View Post
Luckily for us "Gun Nuts" the new Obama administration has it's hands too full with economic problems to spend very much time or energy trying to take our second ammendment rights away from us, let's just hope that it stays this way! You know Doc, the more different subjects we talk to one another about the more I like you! Brothers from other Mothers for sure! And hey 8 Ball, I have this really pristine "unskated" set of "CLAWZ" here, why don't you do A price guide on these! LMMAO! Derrick......

Old April 10th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #94
MR SHELBY
The Other White Meat

Cool Who bought that for you 8 Ball? Ex employer or Ex Boyfriend? Both?

I don't feel bad at all if I happen to get along with other decent people. Heck I even managed to get along with you for A little while, but not anymore. Looking more closely I see that secret "Santa" gave that to you, so I am betting that it WAS your former employer! Who's the "noser" now Eric?.....

Last edited by MR SHELBY; April 11th, 2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Missed an opportunity to question Eric Brazeau's sexual orientation!
Old January 12th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #95
Snarf77
Jump On It

Default Sims Vipers

Guys,
I'm trying to find info on Sims Vipers - somewhat of a natural or orange with black or dark metal hubs. There seems to be little info around on these and I want to know more and/or how to determine different "Sims".
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #96
mrducks78
I need more feet..

Default vanbeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Town Sk8er View Post
This is the only flyer i have of the mentioning of "VanBeda". The Original Vanguard Interceptors had embossed writing in them... however the ones pictured here do not. So im assuming all of the Inteceptors that were new and never had graphics are infact "VanBeda". Like the ones that Labeda recently sold (unless they just never made it through the Graphics procedure)I also know that Rebecca and dvw have the Natural Interceptors with Graphics that clearly say only Labeda.

what are the colors that the vanbeda was made.. cause i think i have 15 wheels.. a set of orange, and 7/red/pinks
Sick My Duck #000 Carolina WreckingBalls
mrducks78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #97
A-Town Sk8er
theultimateskatesupply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrducks78 View Post
what are the colors that the vanbeda was made.. cause i think i have 15 wheels.. a set of orange, and 7/red/pinks
According to that flyer ... Purple and Red
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #98
G. No-Evil
Outcast/Jet City Bombers

I want some red 59mm!
G. No-Evil is offline   Reply With Quote