S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:56 PM   #21
arcadefreaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
Why do you worry about sizes that arent true to fit.. Just order bonts with your feet tracings and get skates that fit Just my two cents !
Foot tracings aren't always perfect either - you have to do them correctly, which may or may not be as easy as it sounds. I know someone with Bonts that were done by tracing which "fit" somewhat, but are a full size larger than a couple other pairs of Bonts that she owns (bought by size, not tracing) which fit perfectly.
arcadefreaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:12 PM   #22
ShellLillian

Some people don't want Bonts.
And from what I've seen/heard Antiks fit a lot of skaters incredibly well. It's just figuring out which size you need to get that fit that gets tricky because they fit very differently from other brands.
Selina Vyle #321
Nike Jr. Mercurial Victory II/Magnesium Avenger/Super Reds/Jukes or Canns.
ShellLillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:54 PM   #23
kimmie

I agree. Antiks fit my feet better than any other boot. I have very narrow heels and they fit my heels perfectly. I have a prior ankle injury and like the support of the Antiks. They don't restrict my movement, but they support better than any boot I've tried. I guess I just got lucky that a 4.5, 5 and 5.5 happen to fit the same LOL!

I haven't tried a custom Bont and probably won't, because I like my Antiks so much.
kimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:20 PM   #24
darksquid
Shootin' Annie .45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
I agree. Antiks fit my feet better than any other boot. I have very narrow heels and they fit my heels perfectly. I have a prior ankle injury and like the support of the Antiks. They don't restrict my movement, but they support better than any boot I've tried. I guess I just got lucky that a 4.5, 5 and 5.5 happen to fit the same LOL!

I haven't tried a custom Bont and probably won't, because I like my Antiks so much.
This is why I went with Antiks as well - I have previous ankle injuries and extreme hypermobility, and wanted a higher boot for support.

Bonts may work for loads of people with difficult to fit feet, but they don't offer the height that many are after.
darksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:33 PM   #25
Salamanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksquid View Post
This is why I went with Antiks as well - I have previous ankle injuries and extreme hypermobility, and wanted a higher boot for support.

Bonts may work for loads of people with difficult to fit feet, but they don't offer the height that many are after.
Another person with HMS?! We're all popping out of the woodwork tonight it seems!
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM   #26
darksquid
Shootin' Annie .45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamanda View Post
Another person with HMS?! We're all popping out of the woodwork tonight it seems!
Better the woodwork than our hips
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:28 PM   #27
Salamanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksquid View Post
Better the woodwork than our hips
That actually made me laugh out loud
Old December 22nd, 2011, 10:08 PM   #28
Bombs
Phoenix Derby

Glad to hear the antiks are working out for you, i'm just bitter that riedell doesnt actually come out with an actual sizing chart. Too many of my good friends bought skates that were too large or too small even after being sized.. It's hard to get the right fit unless you try on the boot with all the sizes, so make sure you get all of the info before pulling the trigger and ordering them.
Bombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:24 PM   #29
Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombs View Post
Glad to hear the antiks are working out for you, i'm just bitter that riedell doesnt actually come out with an actual sizing chart. Too many of my good friends bought skates that were too large or too small even after being sized.. It's hard to get the right fit unless you try on the boot with all the sizes, so make sure you get all of the info before pulling the trigger and ordering them.
They aren't Riedell skates. They're manufactured by Riedell for GRN MNSTR. It's not Riedell's job to put out a sizing chart. They don't sell these skates. It's not their boot, it's not their design.
Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:26 AM   #30
Peaches

Yeah, Antiks are freakin' tricky. When I have international customer call the shop where I work, I get their foot measurement, go find someone with that same foot measurement here...then put their feet in Antiks, only way to know for sure. hahahahaha
Old December 24th, 2011, 09:40 AM   #31
darksquid
Shootin' Annie .45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
Yeah, Antiks are freakin' tricky. When I have international customer call the shop where I work, I get their foot measurement, go find someone with that same foot measurement here...then put their feet in Antiks, only way to know for sure. hahahahaha
Haha, that's quite clever, but I would say that goes above and beyond the call of customer service!!
Old December 24th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #32
Big Nick
Straight 'outta Coburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
Why don't you just get them to send feet tracings? The idea is to get a boot that fits the best, not a boot that fits someone else the best.
I know this sounds bitchy, but what I'm trying to say is, Why not just get them to email a tracing of their feet and then work from there?
Old December 26th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #33
mad mutton
fresh and meaty

I have skinny, jaggedly bony feet with jutting ankles, narrow heels and long monkey toes (yes, my feet are that attractive.) All my research into best boots for these feet pointed to antiks.

Living in BFE meant i didnt have the opportunity to try any so i made sure i contacted someone who had a good reputation for customer service. Geno had me stand against a wall and trace my feet (in the afternoon when they are at their largest) and then he (the expert) decided what size I should order.

I could not be happier with my Antiks. They fit my feet beautifully. I've not had a single problem with them at all, and they just keep getting better and better. I wish all my shoes fit like my skates. They are that awesome!

I recommend contacting an expert...
mad mutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #34
Peaches

Thanks darksquid, I TRY.

Big Nick...I'm trying to do my best!!! If Antik wanted to give me a guide to use based on foot tracings I would be happy to. At this point I'm doing the best trying to make sure they get the right fit.
Old December 28th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #35
Bombs
Phoenix Derby

Peaches.. you might want to try working with Pitchit and Mr. Awesome over at derbysupply.net they've sold a crap ton of Antik boots.
Bombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2011, 02:24 AM   #36
LBinNC

I had a chance to try a teammates new Antiks tonight and I was pleasantly surprised! They fit very well (they are a 4.5 and I wear a 5 in most Riedells). They were pretty comfortable, but definitely needed some breaking in. Normally I don't like high tops, but I tied them around the ankles and they were great.
LBinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2015, 11:48 AM   #37
GojiraKira
Random Dinossaur

Hi, I was thinking about buying antiks Ar-1
And I can't really try them on.. Since I live in Brazil..

I traced my feet and they are 9 inches long
(bont size wizard puts me at 4 standard)
I suppose that would make me a riedell 4.5
(which makes sense, I had a sure grip 5 that was slightly too big)
And from what I read, for antiks people usually go down 1 or half size from the riedell size.
I really wanted nice and snug skates, but 3.5 sounds risky :/

Does anyone have extra words of advice or more references?
GojiraKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 02:58 PM   #38
GojiraKira
Random Dinossaur

Aldo, I hear that the sizing changed for the new 2015 boots to match riedell sizing or have 0.5 size difference with it.
GojiraKira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antiks, sizing