S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 30th, 2016, 11:23 AM   #1
Entropy
Disorderly member

Question 4x84 or 4x90 better for distance crosstraining?

Hello! I'm a female ultramarathon runner who's switching from Blue Streak Avenger quads to inline skates for outdoor training (adore my Blue Streaks but sick to megadeath of avoiding / hitting / flying over stupid stones), and so need advice please. My situation:
  • Skate sessions will be 20-40kms 1-2/week, mostly solid longbase to complement more specific run workouts.
  • Prefer safety & control over excess speed & ease of speed - am there to workout after all, and cannot afford a crash injury!
  • Currently an intermediate to advanced level quad skater, will spend rink time retraining stops etc. for inlines.
  • Will skate on sealed roads and footpaths, just the usual bumps, cracks, driveways, and stones.
  • Am light-framed, 52kg human if it makes a difference.

I've done a bunch of research and feel either 4x84 or 4x90 setup would be best for me. I really like the sound of Adapt Hyperskate Zeros, and of course they look great for casual use as well as for training, but am also considering Seba models such as GTX84, GT90, Trix 2 90 (hard to tell which is best for me!)

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Last edited by Entropy; January 1st, 2017 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Refined question due to further research since first post!
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote