S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aggressive Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to vert skating, skatepark tricks, aggressive street skating, action sports events, and the aggressive skating lifestyle.

Old January 31st, 2008, 02:26 AM   #21
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2big View Post
You said that inlines and bowls don't mix?

Ahem.

You go in and out, not around the top of the lip around and around!
Old January 31st, 2008, 02:28 AM   #22
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Well, I did the monkey plant! I tried to then turn before I pushed off and I couldnt even get my hands up on the coping then. I didn lots of hip plants, splat lol. Do I need more speed or what? I am flexible, but I guess I should be turning from my hips more then my shoulders? I'm not sure...... But I plan on getting this down in 2 months!!

I guess this is a hard move cause the skateboarders cant do it. But I think for them its harder.
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:50 AM   #23
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Excuse me, i used to go in and back out until i learned to pump and carve. which is what i was doing on the first two pics. I go round a couple of times, stall, go round a couple more times, then exit. That's a very tight 10'/7' panda bowl.
For power, I depend a lot on the initial drop in and pump/air on the hip, then its a lot of the slalom move, crossovers, pumping, and more air.

i live for bowls and verts. my inlines are perfect for it too. i don't understand your comment.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:50 AM   #24
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Dave, I think you are mistaking my post and taking it personally. Dont worry, you are doing great! But if you take a person of the same level with trucks versus blades which dont have trucks, there is no comparison in carving potential. Then again, you can grind easier, drop in easier cause your for-aft balance is much easier, get bigger airs. Choose your equipment based upon what is the main goal. I like to carve first and foremost. Trucks are best for that. You can grind up a storm. If you wanted to go fast, you would need speed inlines, aggressive inlines are too slow for that, etc. understand? Not that you cant carve at all, but you dont have trucks and trucks are made to carve. Thats all....... Show me the video of you riding around the bowl on the lip sideways like the skateboarders do then. They will be able to do it easier, its cause of the trucks. You will make mostly large arcs. I'm sure one day I will be able to jump and grind a rail, but cause of my trucks and wide wheels base, that will be much harder for me. Understand now? I have yet to see an inliner carve like a skateboarder or rollerskater. I dont see inliners doing sidestance either! That would be really hard.

If I had inlines, I wouldnt be able to carve either but I'm sure I could jump some rails.
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:12 PM   #25
fablemaker2
Pathological skater

A lot of inliners have a harder time carving due to anti-rocker or freestyle setups. Much easier with flat. I've seen inliners carve very smoothly. They were probably cone skaters before discovering aggressive!!!
fablemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:29 PM   #26
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

That's why I gave all my nylon anti rocker's away. Freestyle or anti rocker setup don't work for me at all in the bowls. I can't do that slalom move or turn while stuck to the side of the wall.

I'll get videos of me flowing around that panda bowl when the snow clears up here. And plus, while I can go around a couple of times, the effortless part hasn't come to me yet. I can flow around about 4 times tops before my gasping azz has to come up for air.

But it is getting easier.

And RD, no offense taken.

Last edited by Foot2big; January 31st, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
Foot2big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:37 PM   #27
roller_dudette
skate addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2big View Post
That's why I gave all my nylon anti rocker's away. Freestyle or anti rocker setup don't work for me at all in the bowls. I can't do that slalom move or turn while stuck to the side of the wall.

I'll get videos of me flowing around that panda bowl when the snow clears up here. And plus, while I can go around a couple of times, the effortless part hasn't come to me yet. I can flow around about 4 times tops before my gasping azz has to come up for air.

But it is getting easier.

And RD, no offense taken.

Yeah, I want to see some vids! No blader goes into the bowl where I skate. Maybe in and out. I couldnt do it on blades. But if you do, do sidestance I will pee in my pants lol. But I skate with my skates cause they are FUN. If I were really into performance, I would get speed inlines for speed, aggro inlines to grind, etc. I just like the way my trucks feel. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers. Too much work/school, trying to skate, too little sleep lol.
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:56 PM   #28
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Naw, hell na. No ruffles here! It's just taken a long time to get any semblance of it down, I was just proud, as in... ahem! Lookie here! LOL

Sry if I came off as upset. Big hug!

This discourse made me remember this one dude who hits the parks every now and then, he has a pair of totally worn out xsjado's with the freestyle mook frames, and the guy is every bit as good as a lot of the pro's I see in the vids. The guy drops in the 10' backwards, (jumps in that is) and rides around to the 11' oververt and hand plants that mf.

He can actually carve that wooden bowl at ULS fakie. I thought it looked awful tough, and commented on it. He said he'd just learned it that day and was stoked as hell.

After all this talk and my new found panda bowl routine, I realize now why he was so excited. I'll get vids of him next time I'm out there and I see him. The dude will blow your mind. He rips around the entire round area backward, doing that backward slalom stroke real fast, and after 3 or 4 passes, he rides up a coping, all fakie, and then just drops back in forward, body attitude (position) never changing. Arms at his side, like "hmm dee dum, nothing special here, just a little upside down backward skating up in the air..."

(Dangit Fablemaker, that's been stuck in my head now ever since you told me to 180 out like that....LOL)
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:18 AM   #29
fablemaker2
Pathological skater

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about. I'm not confident enought to do an entire bowl fakie, but I'm working on it.

When I say "an entire bowl", by the way, I mean hitting every corner, hip, pocket, lip, etc., from all directions. I make a point of trying not to do the same thing more than twice during a run....ooops, I'm coming straight up to the deep end again...what now?....okay I'll manual up it, or I'll alleyoop it instead, or I'll go up and try to cess down it....you get the idea....

This is my way of getting comfortable with any angle, any situation, and being able to make quick decisions in the middle of a trick.
fablemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 02:01 AM   #30
Demolishun
Aggro Member

I will have to see this summer/spring if I can carve. Last summer I did what I would call carving in a around a skate park in SLC. I just basically rode the entire park on the bowls never going over any lips. It is a LOT of fun and I can do it wicked fast. I am also learning to carve on one leg this winter at the rink. Will be harder on aggros vs slalom setup, but intend to do a LOT more one leg stuff on ramps.
Old August 28th, 2015, 06:55 PM   #31
crap-s

Check this amzing handplant by Mathilde riding Roller Quad in France on the spine at the end of this video. This vidz shows everything, how to pump to drop-in, etc. She's so good !

https://youtu.be/H1zbSdV_i-U
crap-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 01:53 AM   #32
Dontburnout

thats one hip hip lady
Dontburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:52 PM   #33
CrazeeDave
Geriatric Quad Class

Default carv'n concrete

Quote:
Originally Posted by crap-s View Post
Check this amzing handplant by Mathilde riding Roller Quad in France on the spine at the end of this video. This vidz shows everything, how to pump to drop-in, etc. She's so good !

https://youtu.be/H1zbSdV_i-U
Yes, definitely nice to see another up and coming female carv'n concrete. Unheard of back in the day!
________
"If the good Lord wanted us to walk he wouldn't have invented roller skates." ~Willie Wonka 1971

60 secs of Quad Vert Fun link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJgY2PJ_vk
CrazeeDave is offline   Reply With Quote