S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Aggressive Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aggressive Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to vert skating, skatepark tricks, aggressive street skating, action sports events, and the aggressive skating lifestyle.

Old June 10th, 2014, 11:13 PM   #1
inkh0rn

Default Seba FR soul plate kit - beware...

After much deliberating and being persuaded by the awesome vids of this kit in action (especially Mushroom Blading ), I took the plunge and ordered one in size L - my FR1s are UK11/EU46.

As they are almost impossible to find, I had to order from the ever-helpful and reliable Bladeville in Poland (highly recommended).

Unfortunately I have not succeed in fitting the soul plates at the time of posting. I've had some issues and have emailed Seba -they haven't replied. What I'm copying here has only just been sent and posted on their FB page, so as soon as I get an update I will update this thread. Before anyone jumps on me for not giving them much of a chance, I just want to post this so prospective buyers like me are aware of what I've experienced - there's almost no forum commentary or reviews on this kit that I could find, and had I known what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered! Apologies for the essay...

"I PM'd this to this FB page and via the Seba website - so far, no reply. Skaters, beware of the FR soul plate kit, fitting it is a nightmare:

"I bought a size L soul plate kit from Bladeville in Poland. The kit has been impossible to fit. I watched your video and the fitting process is not as simple as it suggests!

The soul plate, because it has to fit from size UK8-12, does not line up with the front holes on my size UK11/EU46 FR1 boot. So, I have had to drill 6 holes instead of 4...

Even after doing this, I cannot fit the plate. Only 4 of the screws supplied (12 are necessary) are just about long enough to screw through the soul plate and boot shell into the tee nuts supplied - but they are not strong enough steel to pull the tee nuts flat into the boot shell. Even these longer screws are not long enough to go through the two holes in the base and into the tee nuts!

I have managed to screw the front holes in using the flat plate, but I can only get one of the tee nuts to screw in. The points of the prongs that are supposed to sink into the boot shell are only just going in, so the tee nut sticks out into the boot and would be very uncomfortable to skate! I have tried to tighten the bolt to make the tee nut sink in but the cross head is already starting to round off!

Really, I am so annoyed - I have drilled 6 holes in one of my boots for nothing as I cannot fit this stupid kit! I cannot believe you would sell this with the wrong/poor quality parts. Instead of having awesome soul plates on my skates so I can hit the skate park tomorrow, as I planned, I have one boot with six holes in and a soul plate half-fitted? Thanks, Seba!

If you can suggest anyone in the UK who can help me please do, as it will cost almost as much as I paid for the soul plates to send them back to Bladeville in Poland...also what about my boots which are now ruined with extra holes because of this poor quality, badly fitting kit, that doesn't have the right screws in? Please reply ASAP! Thank you - Stuart."

So far, the only person who has replied to me in any way has been the awesome Leo of Flowskate (thanks mate, if you read this). Even he said his came fitted as the FR-A skate model. I wonder if anyone else has bought this kit and managed to fit it? Any help or advice welcome!
Old June 11th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #2
inkh0rn

Default Update

A trip to Screwfix saves the day!

Got some 20mm m4 machine screws, too long to use as the fixings, but long enough to engage the tee nuts and pull their prongs into the boot shell. After that, simply a matter of unscrewing the 20mm screws and replacing with the smaller Seba screws.

Worked a treat! Will post some pics in the next couple of days
Old June 12th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #3
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkh0rn View Post
A trip to Screwfix saves the day!

Got some 20mm m4 machine screws, too long to use as the fixings, but long enough to engage the tee nuts and pull their prongs into the boot shell. After that, simply a matter of unscrewing the 20mm screws and replacing with the smaller Seba screws.

Worked a treat! Will post some pics in the next couple of days
Awesome! Post up that footy!
Old July 7th, 2014, 08:39 AM   #4
Kristof

Wow! I didn't know it is that difficult. I feel lucky now that I bought the Seba FR-A were the soulplate was allready in place. My local store was kind enough to replace the velcro strap with a micro metric buckle (FR-A model 2012 had the micro metric bluckle, but model 2013 comes with a velcro strap).
Kristof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2014, 07:11 PM   #5
inkh0rn

Default Pics of the FR1s

These are the finished article. The first pic is of the complete fitted kits, the second of the soul plates from beneath before the bottom screws were in.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by inkh0rn; July 13th, 2014 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Wrong image URLs
inkh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2014, 07:20 PM   #6
inkh0rn

Question Question

Kristof, what size are your FR-As? IF they are above size UK 10 (EU44/45?) would you please measure the length of your soul plates and post a reply? I am convinced these size L plates are actually size M because I had to drill extra holes to make the front fit...they seem fine, but I'm curious.

Seba, when the eventually replied, said they 'thought' they might be size M soul plates...doesn't inspire confidence when the manufacturer doesn't even know the correct lengths of their own products!
Old July 14th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #7
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

I've heard such good things about Sebas! I wish there was a place around here I could go try on a pair. I have a skate with similar ride characteristics, 4x80mm Powerblades on a Razor boot.

Crazy durable and nice and cheap. Boot and liner 100 bucks. Powerblade frame with 4x80's, around 100. Mebbe 125.
Old July 14th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #8
inkh0rn

Default Nice

Nice skates . Never tried powerblades, but from my experience with RB Fusion 84's, the ride on a UFS frame is different to that of the Sebas, which have a slight heel raise to give a slightly forward leaning position - feels more 'natural' to me.

The 243mm frames are less stable than most aggressive frames - my Xsjados with Kizer slimline II's feel miles longer and more stable, especially with the lower deck height. I nearly kill myself every time I go back on my indoor hockey skates!

I much prefer the Xsjados for ramps; as a total beginner, they give a little more stability. The Sebas were OK and for a more experienced skater would no doubt let you get some serious air
Old July 15th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #9
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

regarding the heel, that's the dealio with Razor's. There is a huge neoprene heel inside the boot. It acts as a wicked shock absorber. If not for that, dudes' would be walking around with bruised heels.

My screen name is my problem. I got a pair of xjsahdo's (sp) and they wouldn't fit even with the dremel mods I did. (still didn't fit, and ruint). Loved their huge soul plates and how easy it was to lock on, but they weren't wide enough in the end, and I bruised both big toes. (14eee shoe)

I love my Razors. Each are exactly identical in ride characteristics, and I know exactly how to use them. With that said, I wish I could try some Seba's. They're so sweet. Razors are cheap ass chinese plastic.
Old August 29th, 2015, 04:02 PM   #10
Dontburnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkh0rn View Post
After much deliberating and being persuaded by the awesome vids of this kit in action (especially Mushroom Blading ), I took the plunge and ordered one in size L - my FR1s are UK11/EU46.

As they are almost impossible to find, I had to order from the ever-helpful and reliable Bladeville in Poland (highly recommended).

Unfortunately I have not succeed in fitting the soul plates at the time of posting. I've had some issues and have emailed Seba -they haven't replied. What I'm copying here has only just been sent and posted on their FB page, so as soon as I get an update I will update this thread. Before anyone jumps on me for not giving them much of a chance, I just want to post this so prospective buyers like me are aware of what I've experienced - there's almost no forum commentary or reviews on this kit that I could find, and had I known what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered! Apologies for the essay...

"I PM'd this to this FB page and via the Seba website - so far, no reply. Skaters, beware of the FR soul plate kit, fitting it is a nightmare:

"I bought a size L soul plate kit from Bladeville in Poland. The kit has been impossible to fit. I watched your video and the fitting process is not as simple as it suggests!

The soul plate, because it has to fit from size UK8-12, does not line up with the front holes on my size UK11/EU46 FR1 boot. So, I have had to drill 6 holes instead of 4...

Even after doing this, I cannot fit the plate. Only 4 of the screws supplied (12 are necessary) are just about long enough to screw through the soul plate and boot shell into the tee nuts supplied - but they are not strong enough steel to pull the tee nuts flat into the boot shell. Even these longer screws are not long enough to go through the two holes in the base and into the tee nuts!

I have managed to screw the front holes in using the flat plate, but I can only get one of the tee nuts to screw in. The points of the prongs that are supposed to sink into the boot shell are only just going in, so the tee nut sticks out into the boot and would be very uncomfortable to skate! I have tried to tighten the bolt to make the tee nut sink in but the cross head is already starting to round off!

Really, I am so annoyed - I have drilled 6 holes in one of my boots for nothing as I cannot fit this stupid kit! I cannot believe you would sell this with the wrong/poor quality parts. Instead of having awesome soul plates on my skates so I can hit the skate park tomorrow, as I planned, I have one boot with six holes in and a soul plate half-fitted? Thanks, Seba!

If you can suggest anyone in the UK who can help me please do, as it will cost almost as much as I paid for the soul plates to send them back to Bladeville in Poland...also what about my boots which are now ruined with extra holes because of this poor quality, badly fitting kit, that doesn't have the right screws in? Please reply ASAP! Thank you - Stuart."

So far, the only person who has replied to me in any way has been the awesome Leo of Flowskate (thanks mate, if you read this). Even he said his came fitted as the FR-A skate model. I wonder if anyone else has bought this kit and managed to fit it? Any help or advice welcome!
You mentioned mushroom blading...those dudes are hilarious....i live what they stand for. They just want to have fun on skates and that's totally legit...

For guaranteed laughing your ass off...check our their site at. http://mushroomblading.com/videos.php
Dontburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 09:59 PM   #11
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Love those guys! They shred those wizard frames like a boss!
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:34 PM   #12
inlineskateroldschool

I know I'm late to the party, but was wondering if I can do the same with my Seba SX skates with Seba deluxe frame.

I don't necessary care which grindplates I put on there, but maybe you guys can help to figure out what parts I have to buy to get grindplates onto my Seba SX? I know this frame or skate isn't normally designed to have grindplates, but as the Seba FRA has grindplates mounted on them.

Thus, it should be possible to mount these on the Seba SX as well. I'm just concerned with the grindplates, NOT the soul plate. I seen this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTFlS0JKTOQ but it not referring to any specific bolts I can buy. Any ideas?
inlineskateroldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 03:10 PM   #13
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Sorry dude. It's mainly just me in this section of the forum these days. I have no experience with SEBA...
Old November 9th, 2015, 02:51 PM   #14
Dontburnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlineskateroldschool View Post
I know I'm late to the party, but was wondering if I can do the same with my Seba SX skates with Seba deluxe frame.

I don't necessary care which grindplates I put on there, but maybe you guys can help to figure out what parts I have to buy to get grindplates onto my Seba SX? I know this frame or skate isn't normally designed to have grindplates, but as the Seba FRA has grindplates mounted on them.

Thus, it should be possible to mount these on the Seba SX as well. I'm just concerned with the grindplates, NOT the soul plate. I seen this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTFlS0JKTOQ but it not referring to any specific bolts I can buy. Any ideas?

Hey I know it was a while ago but.....

Yes, if you just want the plates added to the Deluxe frames, that is a go sir.
Dontburnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 11:21 PM   #15
CrazeeDave
Geriatric Quad Class

Default shroomblading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontburnout View Post
You mentioned mushroom blading...those dudes are hilarious....i live what they stand for. They just want to have fun on skates and that's totally legit...

For guaranteed laughing your ass off...check our their site at. http://mushroomblading.com/videos.php
Hey Dontburnout thanks for the shroomblading link!
That's the game...just have fun!!!
I also see a few of these guys are haunting bowls in Vancouver, BC., my old stompin' grounds.
The youtube vid below is of Seylynn Park in North Van. ...Seylynn has to be the best ride there is

________
"If the good Lord wanted us to walk he wouldn't have invented roller skates." ~Willie Wonka 1971

60 secs of Quad Vert Fun link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJgY2PJ_vk
CrazeeDave is offline   Reply With Quote