S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old December 28th, 2015, 03:05 AM   #1
Oicusk82huh

Default Wristguards

I know it's been asked a million times before but I'm just too lazy to go looking up old threads. My wrist guards are horrible, too big and too small at the same time. I'm finally going to treat myself. Could you guys re-recommend good wrist guards? Possibly ones that go further up the arm, mine only go about 1/2 an inch past my ulna.

Thanks in advance.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 04:12 PM   #2
Armadillo

I do not put a serious amount of effort in to my SLF postings just so that the next guy to come along with the same question can foist an excuse of being too lazy to search as justification for expecting that I should do the searching for them. What else do you need? A butt wipe perhaps?

The people who do the postings here ALREADY DID THE ALL THE WORK FOR YOU!

If you are too lazy and can't be bothered to the search and find it yourself, --- then you REALLY DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE IT.

-Armadillo
Old December 29th, 2015, 06:53 PM   #3
Slinkydog

Here are some threads that has what you are looking for.

http://www.skatelogforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=52941

http://216.92.62.225/forums/showthread.php?p=612145

http://www.amazon.com/Flexmeter-Wris.../dp/B00BLS3H6Y
Slinkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 05:52 AM   #4
Armadillo

Well I guess someone was feeling generous today.

-Armadillo
Old December 30th, 2015, 09:41 AM   #5
Oicusk82huh

Thanks. Appreciate it.

-Armadillo, maybe you should try washing the sand out of your big gaping vagina.
Or maybe I could grab you a box of super sized tampons. Go F yourself.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2015, 03:00 PM   #6
Altpensacola

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
I do not put a serious amount of effort in to my SLF postings just so that the next guy to come along with the same question can foist an excuse of being too lazy to search as justification for expecting that I should do the searching for them. What else do you need? A butt wipe perhaps?

The people who do the postings here ALREADY DID THE ALL THE WORK FOR YOU!

If you are too lazy and can't be bothered to the search and find it yourself, --- then you REALLY DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE IT.

-Armadillo
Man if someone really wanted that kind of abuse they would go over to the AVS Forums and post that Amplifiers sound different.
Old January 1st, 2016, 07:37 AM   #7
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oicusk82huh View Post
Thanks. Appreciate it.

-Armadillo, maybe you should try washing the sand out of your big gaping vagina.
Maybe you should read both your posts?
You called yourself lazy not me. I only took offense from you thinking that meant I should do something for you, which you so easily could have done for yourself.

If that makes me bad, then so be it. At least you still got access all the prior posted info, much of which came from me, whether you like it or not.
When you are so eager to act like a baby who needs to be fed, then don't get so all flaming indignant about it when you end up treated like a baby.

-Armadillo
Old January 2nd, 2016, 01:02 AM   #8
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altpensacola View Post
Man if someone really wanted that kind of abuse they would go over to the AVS Forums and post that Amplifiers sound different.
Consider him "white noise", butt....I went to the avs forum and looked around the amplifier section, all I see are class D amps, no mention of class A or A B, and if you can't hear the difference between a class A and an A B, much less a D, we have nothing to discuss.(or your system is grounded, speakers are blown, you're listening to digital..., yer not running exactly 117v, to much background noise...etc)

If by wearing wrist guards you, when you fall, take some of your body weight and absorb some of the impact, great, any with the steel or fiberglass gizmo that goes from the palm up the wrist a bit work, buttt.....open your eyes, stop falling, use your two feet to jump, step over...whatever to avoid objects
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2016, 04:40 AM   #9
fierocious1

Last edited by fierocious1; January 25th, 2016 at 03:23 AM.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 05:27 AM   #10
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Older RollerBlade Wrist Guards

Hi,

Well Arm is correct, yet I will add since I am in a generous mood and then I will be gone again for weeks.

Quote:
I know it's been asked a million times before but I'm just too lazy to go looking up old threads. My wrist guards are horrible, too big and too small at the same time. I'm finally going to treat myself. Could you guys re-recommend good wrist guards? Possibly ones that go further up the arm, mine only go about 1/2 an inch past my ulna.

Thanks in advance.
Arm and I both have older RollerBlade Wrist Guards. I bought several in the day so that I would have spares. Go to a Derby store if you don't want to do some R&D On Line. Some good stuff out there, yet I love my older RollerBlade Skate Guards, and they have saved me lots of times.

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
Old January 8th, 2016, 11:52 AM   #11
Derrick

Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Hi,

Well Arm is correct, yet I will add since I am in a generous mood and then I will be gone again for weeks.

Arm and I both have older RollerBlade Wrist Guards. I bought several in the day so that I would have spares. Go to a Derby store if you don't want to do some R&D On Line. Some good stuff out there, yet I love my older RollerBlade Skate Guards, and they have saved me lots of times.

That's what I use. Right now I probably fall an average of once per session. I decide I want more rotation on the waltz jump and land the toes (prolly cause I land with the free foot too far back) then go down. It feels like it is a better jump but more prone to a fall. It's an easy fall as I'm already presenting my balance foot high, so I'm well leaned over. My wrists would be seriously beat up without the guards though. As it is there just a little beat up, cause I fell in the kitchen without my guards on.

They really work well.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 04:57 PM   #12
Fancy-Kerrigan

I want Smith Scabs wrist guards

I think I've had the 187 and the triple 8 wrist guards. Both boring black. They do their job until I have to sew in new Velcro. I'd like something that is not black next time. But that's just me.
Fancy-Kerrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2016, 07:21 PM   #13
Derrick

Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Kerrigan View Post
I want Smith Scabs wrist guards

I think I've had the 187 and the triple 8 wrist guards. Both boring black. They do their job until I have to sew in new Velcro. I'd like something that is not black next time. But that's just me.
I could only find back as well. I was looking for something that looked like a leather gauntlet.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #14
Fancy-Kerrigan

I want the purple leopard. Because everything is better in purple leopard
Old January 25th, 2016, 03:03 AM   #15
FRGL1

Quote:
Armadillo's being too abusive, but you could at least be repentant about being a lazy dip and quietly ignore him.

If you're going to go so far as admitting that you'd rather make someone else do it for you, then don't bother responding to the angry criticism you forecasted.

"Appreciate" that, please.
FRGL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:43 AM   #16
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Arm is Not Abusive, Fancy's fancy guards

Hi Opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRGL1 View Post
Armadillo's being too abusive, but you could at least be repentant about being a lazy dip and quietly ignore him.

If you're going to go so far as admitting that you'd rather make someone else do it for you, then don't bother responding to the angry criticism you forecasted. o - o
I guess this is an opinion, yet let's use the Skating Warning Notice given in most rinks.

If you are Not Prepared to Fall, get crashed into, or have other things happen to you then Skating might not be for you.

Actually I think Arm was OK, and just frustrated by years of notes helping other skaters. Many skaters that are good finally give up on Beginners yet Arm still sticks it out. Once FRGL1 has that level of experience, she will sing a whole different tune.

- - - - - - -
Fancy you could get some of that colored Duct tape and put it on. I know a gal in Derby who used to like Pink and even had her helmet and car painted pink. She was a doll and an older Derby skater that was always fun to chat with.

Old February 18th, 2016, 09:15 AM   #17
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

This thread is full of epic fail. Not on the OP's fault, but anyone who responded without recommend pads. You all wasted your time by even responding. So when this site gets a google search and pops up people will see how much of a bunch of crab ass wankers you all are and eventuakky you wont have a damn forum.

This is a forum, made to ask, and talk about gear, and not always do searches return the desired results.

Oicusk82huh lol love the sandy crotch retort. Made me laugh.

Maybe downhill longboarders have a good bead on wrist guards? Though I think most of theirs are just padded gloves with hard plastic in the palms. I believe they call them slide gloves. I havent a clue if they brace the wrist any.

Taking a tumbling class would help with unexpected falls. Personally I just want a wrist pad that is more of a padding for the impact, not a stiff bracing for the whole arm. Remember , wrist guards are really designed to absorb that shock impact to keep you from massively bruising up the heel of your hand. At least thats what I get out of them. If you happen to hit your arm hard enough, it wont really matter if its braced or not, the bones will just break in the center of the forearm instead of closer to the wrist.
Old February 18th, 2016, 09:42 AM   #18
Armadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
This thread is full of epic fail. Not on the OP's fault, but anyone who responded without recommend pads. You all wasted your time by even responding. So when this site gets a google search and pops up people will see how much of a bunch of crab ass wankers you all are and eventuakky you wont have a damn forum.

This is a forum, made to ask, and talk about gear, and not always do searches return the desired results.

Oicusk82huh lol love the sandy crotch retort. Made me laugh.

Maybe downhill longboarders have a good bead on wrist guards? Though I think most of theirs are just padded gloves with hard plastic in the palms. I believe they call them slide gloves. I havent a clue if they brace the wrist any.

Taking a tumbling class would help with unexpected falls. Personally I just want a wrist pad that is more of a padding for the impact, not a stiff bracing for the whole arm. Remember , wrist guards are really designed to absorb that shock impact to keep you from massively bruising up the heel of your hand. At least thats what I get out of them. If you happen to hit your arm hard enough, it wont really matter if its braced or not, the bones will just break in the center of the forearm instead of closer to the wrist.
I'll take a forearm brake in favor of a wrist break every time, and so I'll still be sticking with my longer, double splinted style of wrist guards.

-Armadillo
Old February 18th, 2016, 04:24 PM   #19
Joey
Powerslide Hardcore EVO

Quote:
Could you guys re-recommend good wrist guards?
No problem.

I have been wearing these ProTec basic wrist guards over full fingered cycling gloves. One of the plastic splints is removable for replacing if you break it or want to wash them. I throw these in the washing machine (front loading) with the rest of my workout clothing. They won't last forever but about the time they get too nasty to wear they will be falling apart anyway. They are relatively CHEAP and they work. And come in sizes. I get a couple of years out of a pair easy.

Old February 18th, 2016, 04:52 PM   #20
Fancy-Kerrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANY_SkatingDave View Post
Hi Opener

- - - - - - -
Fancy you could get some of that colored Duct tape and put it on. I know a gal in Derby who used to like Pink and even had her helmet and car painted pink. She was a doll and an older Derby skater that was always fun to chat with.

Thanks Dave! That's a great idea.