S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:15 PM   #1
Carles
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1
Default New Doop Skates

I would like to introduce the new Doop Skate models. What do you think about it?

http://doopshop.com/skates.html
Carles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 08:22 PM   #2
Altpensacola
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 81
Default looks cool.

Well it looks a little more secure than the skates I used to attach to my Sunday shoes with a key! If that's all I ever had I wouldn't be here today!
__________________
bounce, rock, skate, roll
Altpensacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 01:01 AM   #3
CrazeeDave
Geriatric Quad Class
 
CrazeeDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Old folks home
Posts: 394
Default strap-ons

When I was a kid we had these that also strapped to you shoes...I wasn't a fan then either. lmao
________
"If the good Lord wanted us to walk he wouldn't have invented roller skates." ~Willie Wonka 1971

60 secs of Quad Vert Fun link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJgY2PJ_vk
CrazeeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 01:10 PM   #4
Altpensacola
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 81
Default

I would make it to the end of the sidewalk, hit a crack, the front would fall off and then I would get so frustrated I would curse and sling my foot back and forth to rid myself of the skate but of course since it was strapped to my ankle all it did was beat my shin!. Thinking back on that I thought I would never be as passionate about skating as I am now.

Of Course I don't see any of this happening with your Doop Skate!
__________________
bounce, rock, skate, roll
Altpensacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2015, 10:38 PM   #5
CrazeeDave
Geriatric Quad Class
 
CrazeeDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Old folks home
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altpensacola View Post
I would make it to the end of the sidewalk, hit a crack, the front would fall off and then I would get so frustrated I would curse and sling my foot back and forth to rid myself of the skate but of course since it was strapped to my ankle all it did was beat my shin!. Thinking back on that I thought I would never be as passionate about skating as I am now.

Of Course I don't see any of this happening with your Doop Skate!
LMAO...not to mention the steel wheels rattled the fillings outta your head.
CrazeeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 11:00 AM   #6
redneck rampage
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Furness Peninsular UK
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeDave View Post
LMAO...not to mention the steel wheels rattled the fillings outta your head.
And those straps quickly cut into the top of your foot, lots of kids padded the straps with hankies.
redneck rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 05:45 PM   #7
Ben K
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 15
Default

Tried the doops on at a local shop. Quickly realised that the convenience of a strap on skate is greatly outweighed by the poor feel and price of the skate.

It also feels clunky, too wide with the soulplate shape, I don't grind and if I did, I wouldn't dare to grind in Doops.

For the same price , I could get a much better regular skate with change to spare.
Ben K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2016, 01:27 AM   #8
FRGL1
Member
 
FRGL1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben K View Post
Tried the doops on at a local shop. Quickly realised that the convenience of a strap on skate is greatly outweighed by the poor feel and price of the skate.

It also feels clunky, too wide with the soulplate shape, I don't grind and if I did, I wouldn't dare to grind in Doops.

For the same price , I could get a much better regular skate with change to spare.
I think doops are made for the recreational market, but their Xsjado counterparts seem to be really popular in the reddit community. I wouldn't know, as a slalomer who's never held an aggressive before.

When I have money burning a hole in my pocket I plan to get a pair of doops, myself, for the convenience, maybe take it for a cruise down some socal beach.
FRGL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
doop, skates

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.