S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Fitness Skating and Training Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Skating and Training Forum Discussions about on-skate and off-skate training, hydration, sports nutrition, weight loss, injuries, sports medicine, and other topics related to training and physical fitness for skaters.

Old June 16th, 2018, 01:28 AM   #1
evinman1234

Default Powerslide hardcore EVO trinity skate

Just got these. A word of advice go one size larger than your normal skate size. They are tight fitting. Fortunately they are heat moldable. After 3 tries I got them about right.

They came with the 3x90 katana pro rockered frame. I got these for fitness and freeriding so i have no intention of rockering them. In fact just makes changing wheels slower for me. It came with 90mm spinner wheels 88a hardness which I find terrible. They are hard and do not grip well. I replaced them with mpc roadwar wheels xfirm and they behave like night and day.

The short 225mm frame is incredibly maneuverable although not too much unlike my 4x80 frame on my RB edge skates. If you use slightly slipperier wheels on the 243mm frame it behaves similar to the 225mm frame with stickier wheels.

Rolling tomorrow on RB 3WD edge skates. First time out on those since I replaced the 110 mm Hydrogen with 105 mm Roadwar MPC wheels.
evinman1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 03:04 PM   #2
evinman1234

So these skates are so maneuverable with the short 225 mm frames that when I switch to my other skates they seem so sluggish and heavy. I ordered the 231 mm 3x100 to get some length and a little more speed on the trail as the 225 mm frames are just too short to get any real speed. Hopefully should get them Wednesday. I plan on hitting the trail with my Bont 4x100 semi-race this week as well. I fell on them 2 weeks ago and got severe road rash. The frames are 12.8 inches which is significantly longer than I generally skate but have used them for years. A dramatic change from the 225 mm 3x90 frames.There is always an adjustment period of a mile or so. It was during that first mile I hit debris and took a dive. But.. back on the horse again so to speak. Hit the trail with the Bonts and averaged 16 mph over 10 miles, satisfied, given I have not been on these for years besides the fall.

Received the 3x100 trinity frame yesterday. Tried it out and I am very pleased. Waiting for the weather to clear to try them on the trail.

Last edited by evinman1234; June 23rd, 2018 at 02:57 AM.
Old June 25th, 2018, 01:45 AM   #3
evinman1234

ok. I heat molded the boot and now they fit perfect. I went out today and just did a quick 5 miles and this skate is awesome! The 3x100 trinity frame feels like a 80 or 90 mm wheel. Nice speed and excellent maneuverability!

This will no doubt be my skate of choice for urban skating and probably 2 nd for fitness skating as I still get more speed out of my 4x90 or 4x100 set-up. But it is an excellent compromise for fun on the trails and around the neighborhood.
It will be my first choice on skates where speed is not an objective.