S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old August 15th, 2018, 01:14 AM   #1
ValerieAnne

Question Chicago Rink Girls Wheels Question

I'm going to be purchasing a pair of Chicago Girls Rink Skates (model number CRS190004) as a gift. The person will be using them mostly outside (but does go to the rink occasionally, which is why she wants rink ones). I was wondering how to tell how large wheels will fit on a pair of skates? I will probably try them myself (as the inlines I purchased awhile back, I was never able to get to 'work' properly. I found out it's because they are too big. These roller skates will be a child size 4, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least try them on. Anywho.. apparently the wheels that come with it are indoor/outdoor 53mm. It looks like they are the original wheels (pink with purple/blue and white Chicago logo on them), so I know I'll need to replace them at some point/or at least get a spare set of wheels.

How big can you go with such skates? She would most likely want 65mm at the most (but could be less). I'm not sure about wheels on rental skates as it's been so long since I was at a rink on quads. I was looking at the outdoor wheel/favorite topic, and it looks like there are a lot of nice wheels but wouldn't be sure which ones (if any) would fit this particular skate.

Thanks for your help.
ValerieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2018, 10:13 AM   #2
Oicusk82huh

Just let the kid skate outside with the wheels that come on the skates. You do realize that new wheels will cost just as much, or more then the skates right? Don't even worry about switching wheels. Kids are resilient!

She'll grow out of the skates before you'll need new wheels.

Don't bother.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2018, 01:55 PM   #3
ursle
Street Skater

3 wheel inline skates, 64mm wheels, I agree, use the same wheels inside or outside.

Roller skates are easier to learn on, you don't have to balance on an inline skate, you just stand on them.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2018, 11:09 PM   #4
ValerieAnne

Not sure why I didn't get an e-mail about replies, so I apologize for not replying earlier. Thanks for the input! That's what I'll do, let her use the same wheels indoor/outdoor. Save myself some money, as the cheapest I've seen for wheels is on eBay and it was $20 for an 8 pack (which I know is really cheap) and probably wouldn't want those ones anyway lol

Then if she needs wheels before growing out of them (she's 10/11) her parents can purchase them for her lol.
ValerieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote