S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2018, 01:22 PM   #21
DarrenVS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Poole, Dorset. England
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon bells View Post
thanks for the advice Darren.
No problem. Pm me if you need anything else
DarrenVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2018, 07:44 AM   #22
Maroon bells
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: UK, Croydon
Posts: 18
Default

Ironically I ended up buying another pair of Bauer boots, NSX. I went to Skate Attack in North London to try the ventro's and they flopped around too much. Just for the fun of it I tried the NSX's and they fitted fairly well, maybe a little bit tight across my foot but I can put up with it. They are 1.5 sizes smaller than my Bauer supremes, one of the perils of ordering online.

Was also thinking of getting some Avenger plates but they didn't have them in stock, maybe I will save them for another day. Intrigued to try the 45 degree truck action.
Maroon bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2018, 10:00 PM   #23
DarrenVS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Poole, Dorset. England
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon bells View Post
Ironically I ended up buying another pair of Bauer boots, NSX. I went to Skate Attack in North London to try the ventro's and they flopped around too much. Just for the fun of it I tried the NSX's and they fitted fairly well, maybe a little bit tight across my foot but I can put up with it. They are 1.5 sizes smaller than my Bauer supremes, one of the perils of ordering online.

Was also thinking of getting some Avenger plates but they didn't have them in stock, maybe I will save them for another day. Intrigued to try the 45 degree truck action.
I have a pair of Avenger plates on my indoor skates. When I first skated on them I was really underwhelmed. Took me a few sessions to get them dialed in to how I like them. I use yellow sure grip super barrels and cones in place of the stock purple ones. And I run them fairly loose. 3 years down the line and I love them
DarrenVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2018, 10:41 AM   #24
Maroon bells
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: UK, Croydon
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenVS View Post
I have a pair of Avenger plates on my indoor skates. When I first skated on them I was really underwhelmed. Took me a few sessions to get them dialed in to how I like them. I use yellow sure grip super barrels and cones in place of the stock purple ones. And I run them fairly loose. 3 years down the line and I love them
Sounds good to me. Reason I want them is I feel a bit constricted in my turning ability on Playmaker plates, I have soft cushions and they are loose but they run out of steam as the turn angle increases. I'm assuming the Avengers would allow a larger freer turn. Have you got the black or white ones?
Maroon bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2018, 01:55 PM   #25
DarrenVS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Poole, Dorset. England
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon bells View Post
Sounds good to me. Reason I want them is I feel a bit constricted in my turning ability on Playmaker plates, I have soft cushions and they are loose but they run out of steam as the turn angle increases. I'm assuming the Avengers would allow a larger freer turn. Have you got the black or white ones?
Iíve got the black aluminium ones. Couldnít justify the extra cost for the white ones. I use yellow sure grip super cushions and Iíve also changed the cushion cups for flat washers. It stops the action catching on the cups in really tight turns. I do run the trucks pretty loose but do tighten it up if I am with my good friend, Skate Lisa and sheís trying to teach me to actually jam skate. Itís a bit of a standing joke that I have the memory of a goldfish when it comes to remembering footwork. It sinks in whilst Iím being taught. But isnít there the next time I skate
DarrenVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2018, 10:59 AM   #26
Maroon bells
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: UK, Croydon
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenVS View Post
Iíve got the black aluminium ones. Couldnít justify the extra cost for the white ones. I use yellow sure grip super cushions and Iíve also changed the cushion cups for flat washers. It stops the action catching on the cups in really tight turns. I do run the trucks pretty loose but do tighten it up if I am with my good friend, Skate Lisa and sheís trying to teach me to actually jam skate. Itís a bit of a standing joke that I have the memory of a goldfish when it comes to remembering footwork. It sinks in whilst Iím being taught. But isnít there the next time I skate
Good information, thank you.
Maroon bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:50 AM   #27
DarrenVS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Poole, Dorset. England
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon bells View Post
Good information, thank you.
I use a short wheel base on my Avenger plates. Iím a Uk size 12 boot with an avenger size 4 plate. Really great turning ability if I need it. I love carving in and around people when itís busy
DarrenVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.