S k a t e L o g     F o r u m

Closed in June of 2020

SKATELOG DOT COM: Web Site | Blog | Facebook |    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum Has Been Replaced by SkateDebate Dot Com ***

FROM SKATELOG FORUM HOST KATHIE FRY IN MARCH OF 2020:
This announcement is to let everyone know that after hosting the SkateLog Forum and its predecessors for nearly 20 years, I have decided it is time to permanently turn the forum over to a new owner and administrator. I cannot think of anyone more suitable to take on that role than my SkateLog forum co-host, Florida skater Jessica Wright. I am pleased to announce that Jessica has agreed to establish and host a brand new skating forum, configured like the SkateLog Forum, but with a new name and a new Web Site. This new forum is 100% owned and operated by Jessica.

NEW FORUM NAME: SkateDebate Forum
NEW WEB SITE: SkateDebate.com
NEW OWNER AND ADMINISTRATOR: Jessica Wright
REGISTER IN JESSICA'S FORUM: Create a SkateDebate Forum User Name

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > About This Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

About This Forum Forum announcements plus how to do things like editing your user profile and dealing with images.

Old April 27th, 2020, 06:48 PM   #21
frail

I only visit sporadically, but I'm sad to see this place go along with all its history.

Vanilla Forums does support the migration of data from vBulletin forums like this one: https://vanillaforums.com/en/services/migration/ I think they charge for it, but it would preserve the history of this site and its user base.

It may be too late, but might I suggest an alternative? Tapatalk Groups is free (or really, really cheap for more premium options), has all the same benefits as Vanilla Forums, as well as a smartphone app, and you can migrate this forum's data, users, etc. free of charge to preserve the rich history of this site.
frail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2020, 09:52 PM   #22
hoohoorjoo

Cool

Sorry to see Skatelog go the way of the dodo bird. I've enjoyed my 3 yrs here. I will be visiting the new site. I do hope this info here can be archived. I've learned(and re-learned) a lot here. Thanks to everyone who made it possible for the last 20 yrs or so. Wish I had found it sooner.
hoohoorjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2020, 03:14 PM   #23
jabberwock
Skating More

Re-asking the question. Is anyone in the process of moving all the posts to the new forum? It would be a massive shame if this trove of information was not available for future users.

If nobody is in the process of moving the info; Can I volunteer myself to do the move of the database?

I know I haven't posted much, but do remember the name and anytime I've had a question about skating, a quick search on this forum has provided more answers than anywhere else on the internet.
Old June 20th, 2020, 05:34 AM   #24
Gville-Schooler
THAT'S HOW I ROLL!!!

Default 2020

sux!
Old June 20th, 2020, 02:21 PM   #25
xunil

I just came here to visit one of my favourite source of information and have seen this really bad news...

After serpentineroad.com and many other forums in France that closed their doors either, skatelog was the last valuable remaining history source for rollerblades...

Am I the only one who want to keep some traces of our history for our children?

Could you at least keep this forum read-only? It's a really valuable source of information.
I am ready to make a donation to cover part of the web hosting fees if the reason behind the shut-down is this one.
xunil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2020, 01:40 PM   #26
jabberwock
Skating More

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunil View Post
Could you at least keep this forum read-only? It's a really valuable source of information.
I am ready to make a donation to cover part of the web hosting fees if the reason behind the shut-down is this one.
Agreed. Could help pay for the hosting. Or just do the hosting (I can spare some server cycles).

Please let us help you not loose the information to the ghosts of the internet.
jabberwock is offline   Reply With Quote