S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Outdoor Trails
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Outdoor Trails Tell us about your favorite outdoor skating trails.

Old April 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #1
SSquire

Default Red River Trail, Shreveport LA

The Red River Trail, Shreveport LA, is a 5 mile long multi-use trail that generally follows the western bank of the Red River. The trailhead is in the Shreveport entertainment district, along the Clyde Fant Parkway, and adjacent to the amphitheater and splash pool.
The trail is mostly smooth asphalt of varying widths but averaging about 10 feet. Over the length of the trail there are rolling hills, a few moderate hills, and several long stretches of flat terrain. There was minimal vegetation and stones the day I skated there. I encountered several bicyclists and many more walkers/runners all of whom seemed to be trail savvy.
The southern terminus of the trail is at Hamel Memorial Park. I made a U turn in the parking lot there because the final loop around a small pond there looked covered with sand and detritus from a recent rain.
Each quarter mile of the trail is marked and labeled with a concrete inlay across the trail and a placard with the distance embedded in the edge of the concrete.
About halfway along the trail is a modest skate park for the aggressive crowd.
It was a decent 10 mile skate for me and might be disappointing to faster and fitter speed skaters.
SSquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 12:27 AM   #2
Coldyboy

Default LA

I've skated this a few times in the past year, when I've had to go down to Shreveport for work, I've tried to takes skates when I could. I believe it's longer than five miles long, with extension. Like first post, not very challenging but just fun to get out and ride along the river and enjoy what speed you can get, along with all people, not packed but well used trail. Enjoy it.
Coldyboy is offline   Reply With Quote