S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old October 2nd, 2018, 06:12 PM   #21
wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
Perhaps Kamala Harris said it best: I will do what is right even if I have to wait for the Law to catch up with my position.
Really? When did she say that and in what context? Da Google can't find that quote..

Even if she said it the morality illustrated in that notion is light years ahead of the Kavanaugh/Cheeto/Trumpette notion of "if you can't prove it it didn't happen".

Quote:
Roe v Wade, smh. This is non-sense issue. If overturned, things go to the states.
Let's return to slavery or at least open Jim Crow while we are at it! I'm sure that would be popular in some states. We have overriding documents that define what the United Stated is and should be. Those freedoms, rights and responsibilities are not up for popular vote.

Terminating a pregnancy is a woman's right. Not yours to question. Not up to some lying, drunken, repressed, misogynistic, entitled white boy to decide.

Old October 2nd, 2018, 11:55 PM   #22
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Ursle & Wired... why even bother? This is as hopeless as trying to teach using differential equations or Laplace transforms to someone who can barely balance their checkbook.
Old October 3rd, 2018, 12:22 AM   #23
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
Ursle & Wired... why even bother? This is as hopeless as trying to teach using differential equations or Laplace transforms to someone who can barely balance their checkbook.
No one cares what you three old white men say.
Old October 3rd, 2018, 01:13 AM   #24
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
People have no character these days. Lies and more lies. Perhaps Kamala Harris said it best: I will do what is right even if I have to wait for the Law to catch up with my position. (This woman was the attorney general of CA, and is now a Senator) This is essentially the mindset of a crazed person. They are the arbiter of right and wrong. Laws that agree with them will eventually be passed. LOLOL.

Roe v Wade, smh. This is non-sense issue. If overturned, things go to the states. Big deal. The Federal Government gets it out of the mud of sanctioning killing babies, and leave it to the states.
Yeah, I don't want a woman's right to have an abortion taken away either, and I highly doubt it would be, but liberals are sure scared Brett is going to do something evil, and that's all I have heard mentioned. I think by the time he gets confirmed, assuming that will still happen, he is going to be a bear with a sore ass. . One thing that I think he is telling little fibs about are his college drinking habits. Never had a drunken blackout? What kind of a drinker is he? Of course, they would use that as a reason to further nail him to the cross, and call him a drunk.

I don't think the FBI will be swayed by Ford's con job either. Here is an interesting read for you
- https://nypost.com/2018/09/25/eight-...y-fords-story/
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2018, 01:21 AM   #25
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84luv View Post
Especially if they are going to be snotty and condescending! .
Old October 3rd, 2018, 01:55 PM   #26
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
For the last two years this administration has denied every fact brought against them concerning the collusion with Russia and their activities leading up to the election, and this administration has walked back every lie and false claim they have made, luckily, the Democratic party marches on against the the incredible circumstances, I feel it's well worth the effort to present the truth.

These two show the exact hyprocy taking place, first an insult of age????
Then an blanket hypocritical statement, With a grin.
BTW, of the Drumph's in the thread these two are the only ones not quite rabid, close though.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Especially if they are going to be snotty and condescending! .
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2018, 07:51 PM   #27
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Re: Kamala quote

Really? When did she say that and in what context? Da Google can't find that quote..
Video clip. I think this was said while she was running for Senate, and still Attorney General of Ca. Not surprising you can't find it. It got lost in the blah blah blah of campaign rhetoric. I remember it clearly because it was simply so shocking, and that statement has ever since defined for me, just who Kamala Harris is. She is OPENLY saying that she will not follow the Law, but make her own Law in the belief that actual law will eventually "catch up" with her position. I forget the context, but I don't think the context matters. To me, what mattered was her blithe intent to ignore law and make her own "law" as she goes.
Old October 4th, 2018, 02:48 AM   #28
Dec8rSk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post

These two show the exact hyprocy taking place, first an insult of age????
Then an blanket hypocritical statement, With a grin.
BTW, of the Drumph's in the thread these two are the only ones not quite rabid, close though.
Agreeing that none one wants to hear from members who make snotty comments such as - This is as hopeless as trying to teach using differential equations or Laplace transforms to someone who can barely balance their checkbook. is not a hypocritical statement, as I certainly never contradicted myself. Also, I am not a Drumph, he was the lesser of two evils IMO, and I am certainly NOT close to being rabid.

Definition of hypocritical
: characterized by behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feel
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocritical

Old October 4th, 2018, 04:01 AM   #29
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec8rSk8r View Post
Agreeing that none one wants to hear from members who make snotty comments such as - This is as hopeless as trying to teach using differential equations or Laplace transforms to someone who can barely balance their checkbook. is not a hypocritical statement, as I certainly never contradicted myself. Also, I am not a Drumph, he was the lesser of two evils IMO, and I am certainly NOT close to being rabid.

Definition of hypocritical
: characterized by behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feel
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocritical

Actually I think it's hillarious that anyone would think I care anything about learning engineering math. I was working on electronic gear in my early teens, not designing them but repairing them. Math sucks anyway for the most part unless it pertains to machine work. Laplace, hmmm, new stripper dance? LOL wife does the checkbook... LOL Funny how people act when they specialize on very small things instead of looking at the big picture. Goes with the territory I suppose.
Kinda funny too that I had a break and came back to check on things, room was dead....
Rabid.... kinda like biting at anyone that don't agree with you wether or not you flip flop or are hypocritical when doing it... sorta like that.... sounds like the dim party to me for sure.
Old October 4th, 2018, 08:04 AM   #30
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Kinda funny too that I had a break and came back to check on things, room was dead....
Yeah, I had a long break too. Feels good. I also got put on a month long time out on FB for talking about slavery. The comment pertained to how God did not really get down on slavery, and in fact might like it as it teaches the God Man relationship. Jokes on them though. I won't go back to FB. Remember when their stock price went down? I think they put a lot of conservatives on time out. That's ok. FB thinks that they can control what people think, and they certainly control what they say. But they are trading punches with God. My money is on the big guy.
Old October 4th, 2018, 12:22 PM   #31
fierocious1

Quote:
Yeah, I had a long break too. Feels good. I also got put on a month long time out on FB for talking about slavery. The comment pertained to how God did not really get down on slavery, and in fact might like it as it teaches the God Man relationship. Jokes on them though. I won't go back to FB. Remember when their stock price went down? I think they put a lot of conservatives on time out. That's ok. FB thinks that they can control what people think, and they certainly control what they say. But they are trading punches with God. My money is on the big guy.
FB is owned by a dim... typical, trying to enslave us like a true commie.
Old October 6th, 2018, 01:58 PM   #32
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Let's look at facebooks overall attitude, try to keep up.
Commie, says the Russia lover.

When Facebook’s vice president of global public policy, Joel Kaplan, a former aide to President George W. Bush who joined Facebook in 2011, decided to sit two rows behind his longtime friend Judge Brett Kavanaugh as he testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee last week, the seasoned Republican operative surely expected someone would notice. His colleagues back in Menlo Park sure did. Since the hearing, hundreds of Facebook employees have expressed objection within the company over Kaplan’s public show of support of Kavanuagh—so much so that it’s caused a firestorm within Facebook that the company is struggling to contain.

According to reports in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, equivocating internal responses from Facebook’s top brass have only fanned the flames. CEO Mark Zuckerberg, reportedly told employees that Kaplan didn’t violate any company policies, though appearing in the hearing room is not a move he would have made. Chief Operating Officer Cheryl Sandberg replied to an internal company thread on Kaplan’s appearance that has garnered hundreds of comments, saying that she spoke with him about why “it was a mistake for him to attend given his role in the company.” They were responding to—but hardly allaying—the shock and outrage that Facebook employees were expressing after seeing one of their executives show up in support of an accused sexual assaulter’s confirmation during a time of public pain for women across the country.
But it was an internal statement, obtained by the New York Times, from longtime Facebook executive Andrew Bosworth that put what may have been implied in Sandberg and Zuckerberg’s statements most bluntly: “If you need to change teams, companies or careers to make sure your day-to-day life matches your passions, we will be sad to see you go, but we will understand. We will support you with any path you choose. But it is your responsibility to choose a path, not that of the company you work for.” Whether or not Bosworth’s C-suite peers agree with him, he’s right that this moment represents something of a crossroads. Tech workers have become ever more vocal over the last two years in speaking out against their employers’ interactions with the Trump administration (particularly on issues like immigration, espionage, and defense). And few personal acts that take place in the public glare can escape the politics of our moment. Now those facts are coming into conflict in Facebook’s backyard.
In some ways, the uproar within Facebook exposes a naiveté on the part of some employees, who may feel their work is still making the world a better, tighter-knit place, but who also should know by now that they’re working for a global targeted advertising company. Facebook needs to work with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle, which means collaborating with political figures that some employees may find troubling or even abhorrent. This is especially true at a moment when politicians in both parties have found reasons—both fair and unfair—to scrutinize Facebook. So of course it will hire right-leaning operatives like Joel Kaplan—and of course Kaplan will have personal relationships with people like Kavanaugh.

But the issue clearly doesn’t end there, as Facebook is learning.

The employee activism within tech companies that’s been on the rise over the past year has been a heartening development. There was the petition against Google’s work helping to build A.I. for drones with the Pentagon, which ultimately led the company to drop the contract. Hundreds of Microsoft employees signed a letter to the company leadership in protest of its contracts with Immigration, Customs, and Enforcement during the height of the public outrage over the Trump administration’s family separation policy. It was only last year that Zuckerberg said that Facebook, for all its problems, ultimately aims to “give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.” This may still be the goal, but it’s becoming clear that bringing the world closer together, for Facebook, depends on making gobs of money, and doing that means staying on the good side of Congress.

But Facebook also needs a workforce, which is why Boswell’s admonishment for employees to grow up won’t help. If Facebook can’t recruit—if it becomes known as a workplace that’s insensitive to workers, workers who may have seen echoes of their own lives in Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford’s heartfelt testimony—it also can’t do its job. If prospective workers conclude that the better world that Facebook wants to build is one where accusations of sexual assault are dismissed, they may decided that’s a world they no longer want to build.
Old October 6th, 2018, 05:06 PM   #33
quantoo

Default +1

Quote:
facebook can ruin a person,
And i sincerely believe zuckerberg is just a front man and the real people behind it all are the CIA top knobs.
Facebook is an information gathering machine that feeds on people struggling to gain popularity.
i can honestly say do not ever get a facebook access code sent to your phone.
if you do then expect to mix all your business with your pleasure.
facebook is weeding out and categorizing people .
Its a think tank experiment and im betting nobodys allowed to keep count on the suicides that have been aided by facebook
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2018, 06:44 PM   #34
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
facebook can ruin a person,
And i sincerely believe zuckerberg is just a front man and the real people behind it all are the CIA top knobs.
Facebook is an information gathering machine that feeds on people struggling to gain popularity.
i can honestly say do not ever get a facebook access code sent to your phone.
if you do then expect to mix all your business with your pleasure.
facebook is weeding out and categorizing people .
Its a think tank experiment and im betting nobodys allowed to keep count on the suicides that have been aided by facebook

Once again....Cooocooo for CoCoNuts.
Old October 6th, 2018, 06:47 PM   #35
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Another case of Coooco for CoCoNuts.
Mixing science fiction with reality,
A time out from Facebook, face book is a time out.
Old October 7th, 2018, 01:28 AM   #36
quantoo

Lightbulb get a new access code sent to your phone then

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
Once again....Cooocooo for CoCoNuts.
youll see.
back to being watched/why does face book block my account for weeks whilst asking for a photo of me for their records only?
only a fool would trust them ,you seem like a candidate to become a tool for facebook.
strange how they had some idea of what i looked like when i have not posted a single photo myself over the net.
coo coo nuts or just open minded?
So i send a pic of a monkey ,a dog ,a person , another person etc etc and got this is not you as a reply from facebook. Account was still locked until i found a pic of a man that looked very much like me on the net {which facebook accepted as my photo by the way}.
But hang on a minute you are me ursle and know me better than i know myself by the tone you've been setting.LOLOLOL
And only a real coo coo nuts person/tool would think they live in another persons shoes and assume they know more about whats going on in another persons life than the person living that life.
So this explaination {which you will obviously ignor }just proves to people that think for themselves how much of a puppet you really are.
So im now prompted to ask who really pulls your strings coo coo nuts?
Old October 11th, 2018, 07:29 PM   #37
bjvircks
Major Trouble

well, here you are... making my point by your MISSING the point entirely.
Quote:
Actually I think it's hillarious that anyone would think I care anything about learning engineering math....
I was making a comparison. It was never about "math"... it was about capacity and capability and not having or using either. Saying it again, it wasn't about math. It was about critical thinking and reason. And reading/listening understanding, comprehension.
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:08 AM   #38
quantoo

Default crickets

Quote:
youll see.
back to being watched/why does face book block my account for weeks whilst asking for a photo of me for their records only?
only a fool would trust them ,you seem like a candidate to become a tool for facebook.
strange how they had some idea of what i looked like when i have not posted a single photo myself over the net.
coo coo nuts or just open minded?
So i send a pic of a monkey ,a dog ,a person , another person etc etc and got this is not you as a reply from facebook. Account was still locked until i found a pic of a man that looked very much like me on the net {which facebook accepted as my photo by the way}.
But hang on a minute you are me ursle and know me better than i know myself by the tone you've been setting.LOLOLOL
And only a real coo coo nuts person/tool would think they live in another persons shoes and assume they know more about whats going on in another persons life than the person living that life.
So this explaination {which you will obviously ignor }just proves to people that think for themselves how much of a puppet you really are.
So im now prompted to ask who really pulls your strings coo coo nuts?
? dont forget to sync your phone number as well to get a true life ruining experience.
Old October 12th, 2018, 04:12 AM   #39
quantoo

Default well i found out now

Quote:
ursle is a man? and white
Old October 12th, 2018, 05:36 AM   #40
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Default Let's Fight Mob Rule

Quote:
ursle is a man? and white
In the long run, let's all be judged by the content of our character.
I hope he/she isn't one of those militant Democrats like Holder, Obama, and Clinton.