S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old September 5th, 2018, 10:37 PM   #1
Oicusk82huh

Default Undersoles

A few years ago my step father called me. He was REALLY excited. He's a retired world renown Laser/Plasma physicist. He used to race and set the time limits for Nastar ski racing courses, also an incredible roller skater and ice hockey skater. He's retired now, but continues to make and patent Windsurfers, each time trying to become more arrow dynamic. Interesting guy to say the lease. I could go on with stories, but I'll spare you. Still skating, skiing, snowboarding, ice skating and windsurfing, going into his 80s.

A few years back I get this frantic call from him (I thought someone died)! He was really excited because of a new invention, it was a material that almost completely absorbed shock. I politely listened for hours while he went on about it.

You may already know and use them, but if you don't, I'd recommend it.

Fast forward a bunch of years and I finally bought the Noene under soles from Edea (it's the material he was so excited about). They are only 1mm thick. You put them under your insoles. You can put either one or two under the insole. I've been skating on them for about a month and it's like a new religion for me. I feel like I have to share. They are a blessing for your joints. I used to have screaming hips and knees, but I don't anymore. I can even jump all I want, and the next day I'm fine!!!

Maybe you already know and use these, but if not, it's worth the investment. Highly recommend.
Oicusk82huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:58 AM   #2
rwsz

seems pretty good, have tried others in the past without a lot of difference might have to try these for just walking or treadmill
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:28 PM   #3
jotson

Went to my first outdoor concrete rink on Saturday - I could definitely feel it in my joints compared to decades of indoor wood rinks. It's an awesome rink on the waterfront in Hamilton, Ontario. These may be just the ticket I need for the next time I get up there. Not super cheap at around $40, but if they truly work, I imagine it's worth it.
jotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 05:02 PM   #4
ursle
Street Skater

3DO is a material that sounds similar if not the same, I use knee pads make of it winters for alpine snowboarding.

If those orthotics form to your foot great, if not, not so great.

https://www.rei.com/product/106600/s...e-thin-insoles

These suckers are cork, and heat-able and ultra thin, 50$.
Orthotics cup the foot and absorb the whole bodyís weight after molding, so the person has better balance and thatís all that matters, well, comfort helps.

Is your uncles last name Gilmore, as in Gilmore Bias
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 11:57 PM   #5
Slinkydog

I just got a pair of the Edea Noene undersoles at Nationals for my freestyle skates, and personally I haven't noticed that much, the only difference being that my skates felt slightly tighter (they were already super tight, so it probably won't make a difference if you have any room at all ), and my shin splints are not as bad as they once were. Though that could also be attributed to using a foam roller and stretching more around the same time I got the undersoles.
I'm pretty young so I haven't done too much damage to my joints so that could also be a factor. Getting them as a preventative measure can't hurt, right?
Slinkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2018, 11:39 AM   #6
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkydog View Post
I just got a pair of the Edea Noene undersoles at Nationals for my freestyle skates, and personally I haven't noticed that much, the only difference being that my skates felt slightly tighter (they were already super tight, so it probably won't make a difference if you have any room at all ), and my shin splints are not as bad as they once were. Though that could also be attributed to using a foam roller and stretching more around the same time I got the undersoles.
I'm pretty young so I haven't done too much damage to my joints so that could also be a factor. Getting them as a preventative measure can't hurt, right?
might not matter as much to a youngster like yourself lol,,,,,,good point if boots are already tight,,might have to take out the other insole