S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Old September 7th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #41
rwsz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
So i've been considering saving up for an Edea boot, (maybe a Fly i can get a pretty darn good deal on it)... Does anyone have any opinions? I see edea says they never 'overboot' a skater, I assume this means normally if you buy a boot thats a higher skill level than you, it makes things harder? I mean seriously i'm just doing like 30-50 waltz jumps every night untill i get a straight back and it feels right, and it still doesnt.. So my skill in jumps is still very rudimentary.. So i dont want to buy a boot that is so much better than my skill that it actually slows me down/stops me..

But anyways any thoughts on edea?
i know people that liked them and hated edea's. the fly is a stiff boot and one of the best skaters in the country tried them and gave them up because he couldnt do footwork in them, he was a freestyle skated and used riedells 297s as many of the freestyle skaters did. others used harlicks or sp terri's. its preference and what your comfortable with.
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #42
emtdpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsz View Post
i know people that liked them and hated edea's. the fly is a stiff boot and one of the best skaters in the country tried them and gave them up because he couldnt do footwork in them, he was a freestyle skated and used riedells 297s as many of the freestyle skaters did. others used harlicks or sp terri's. its preference and what your comfortable with.
I was going to say the same thing..... some people like them and other wont touch them.

I looked at the last year, I didnt ike the way that they felt in my hands.....they just felt like plastic...........the guy was nice enough and answered all of my questions.....I think that I just like the feel of a leather boot.

Me, I'm just gonna stick with the 297 and skate what I'm used to.......you can beat it up and it still looks good, you can have them relined for a few times.......

But I have a guy at the rink and he owns two pair... one for dance and one for figures...... so its just all about what you want.

my $.02
emtdpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #43
Jinx

Quote:
I been reading more posts here, i think i saw you mention a 'josh' had tried the edea's and couldnt' skate backwards, its not the same josh that was helping me is? that would be a dissapointment cuz I'm on roll-lines from his advice..

The thing for me is i probably have very little preference at this point.. I'm still adjusting from having no heel to having a heel.. ACtually these boots i'm using now (if they are 297)'s actually feel like they just go up my ankle too high, i mean the leather is so flimsy i dont even see the point of it kind of? just makes my leg sweatier, hurts if i tie it too tight cuz the eyelet things dig into my legs.

this is the worst situation becuase I went to all kinds of ice skating rinks around here (most dont carry anything beyond hockey skates or little kids artistic) they custom order their edea's from our roller rinks, so there's nothing i can 'try on' to see how it will fit.. The best option i got was from skatesUS she told me i could buy 2 boots and try em on and just send back whatever one i dont like as much.. not exactly my favorite options but better than nothing, and of course they only really have edea boots.

The coach i talked to at the ice rink (who had been to the olympics for ice skating) recommended either Risport (he uses them) or the edea's he said were pretty nice, he ultimately told me not to go the harlick route, so i may be ruling out the harlicks.. also as i said I can get a pretty nice deal on anything roll-line and edea if i get a package deal through my rink, so that makes it a bit more enticing for me to go that route, i hate to use the word bias but saving some substantial money and still getting some pretty quality stuff is attractive.

Does anyone know if the edea's are a little lower cut than the 297?
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #44
rwsz

jinx if it is Josh R yes it is the same person, he put you on rollines which are great plates and wheel of choice these days for many freestyle skaters. he skated the 297s and didnt like the edea flys. dont forget ice coaches and skaters are use to heavy stiff boots and what is they recommend most of the time. also leather absorbs water so the edea boots have a plastic coating or use to anyways and wont. harlic also makes a softer roller boot, like i said its preference and what is comfortable to you.

maybe buy a couple of used skates from ebay cheap and see what feels good for you. the 297 doesnt have a lot of support but you dont need it in roller, especially for what your doing. my son also used 297s most of his career and he did the triple jumps in them. in roller you land on 4 wheels and your plate and that give you the support you need, not like ice where you land on a thin blade. good luck, listen to Josh he knows what he is talking about, i use to mount his skates when he was here in Ma .
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #45
Jinx

Quote:
jinx if it is Josh R yes it is the same person, he put you on rollines which are great plates and wheel of choice these days for many freestyle skaters. he skated the 297s and didnt like the edea flys. dont forget ice coaches and skaters are use to heavy stiff boots and what is they recommend most of the time. also leather absorbs water so the edea boots have a plastic coating or use to anyways and wont. harlic also makes a softer roller boot, like i said its preference and what is comfortable to you.

maybe buy a couple of used skates from ebay cheap and see what feels good for you. the 297 doesnt have a lot of support but you dont need it in roller, especially for what your doing. my son also used 297s most of his career and he did the triple jumps in them. in roller you land on 4 wheels and your plate and that give you the support you need, not like ice where you land on a thin blade. good luck, listen to Josh he knows what he is talking about, i use to mount his skates when he was here in Ma .

Funny thing, his sister in law (kylie) skates at our rink and i was talking to her more about it today, she was saying how much she loves the Edea but how josh does NOt like them and i knew then that we were talking about the same josh. The main reason i'm considering them is the steep discount I can get. I dont want to use numbers on the forum, but I can make them only nominally more expensive than a 297 (the flys that is) (less than a 100 difference quite easily). and i thought at that rate maybe its something to consider? BUT I know i shouldn't base this off money alone. Hence why i'm picking your (and others) brains on it.. I wish i could just go into 'magic boot shop' and try them all on, but i cannot. I usually tend to feel like my toes are a little wider than most (I end up buying shoes in a size 9 sometimes becuase 8's tend to cramp my toes together), and the heat moldability of the edea's did seem a little enticing. That and any Reidell speed skates i've tried have always been deathly uncomfortable. I've asked josh on facebook as I dont make it to his rink as often as i'd like. But i'm sure he's going to tell me Edea's are no good now lol, he hasn't replied yet. I doubt I could get a harlick or even a risport for as cheap but i dont know yet. (haven't priced them or anything)

Yeah when i lace up the 297 I end up always thinking "Umm why do these go so high on my leg, they dont really offer me any support and just make my leg sweat a bunch".

I have to wonder, since i'm JUST getting into wearing an artistic boot, (coming from a 0 ankle support speed skate) Will I be less picky in the beginning and just adapt to whatever i pick? I've only used this 297 (or whatever it is i have) for about 4-5 sessions, and have only been doing waltz jumps on them. So I'm really just trying to get things right the first time.

They ebay route does seem a little scary to me cuz if i buy one i dont like or doesnt fit well, i now have to re-sell it, and it could take me a while or not move, but if its a more legitimate option i may go that way.

another plus if i DO decide edea is that both the plate and boot will come from skates.us and THEY can mount, and i assume they do a good job at this. (i dont trust people in my area to mount right now and i'd have to pay 50 dollars to send it to jam N skate from this board to mount it, not including shipping.)

My mind is NOT made up at this point, While it may be slightly favoring the edea's right now, every good and bad thing I hear helps me... (hearing you say josh could NOT skate backwards in them, scares me quite a bit actually.)

thank you so much for your time and help with me! I appreciate it!
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #46
rwsz

Jinx your welcome, I know Kyle shes a good skater and person and i know Joshs whole family and his wife Erin also. yeah like i said its preference and what your comfortable in. Josh use to wear another boot line when he was younger similar to the edea's, risports they wear called, i dont think they are made anymore. you have to get use to the heel when skating in an art boot and the 297 gives a bit more support then a speed boot. wear socks when you use the art boot, it will sweat out and dry out the leather if you dont unless you mink oil them a lot.

if your toes are really wider and the rest of your foot is get a wide width. its a shame you cant try on different sizes till you get what you want. the only way is to go to a meet that usa skates is at or riedell and see what they have in your size. i think theres an online place used by skateloggers here called connies place if its still around, if you call them they might send you a couple of boots to try but you would probably have to pay shipping back and forth. i am not 100% sure of that. or you can talk to Dave at usa skates and see if he can guild you better. many of the skaters in Joshs era wore the 297s except for a couple of the men, David wore gold stars i think and 1 guy wore the fly. the other boot in riedell you could try which is a bit cheaper and has a lower heel and thinner sole is the 220, it has a bit more support and needs a little breaking in but isnt bad for the money. also the 320 i think is a lot stiffer but more money like the 297. good luck again
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #47
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Default Riedell Tribute

Jinx, the Riedell Tribute is an excellent boot for the money. With a lower top, interior padding, flex notch, and implementation of cork, it is lighter than the 297. I like my 297 boots, they simply wore out after almost 20 years of use. The best price I found was from Back Street Skates.

If the 297 fits well, the 336 and other models, i.e., the 220 will fit equally as well. Riedell boots are true to street shoe sizes.

http://www.roller.riedellskates.com/...0336%20Tribute

Here is a thread on EDEA. http://skatelogforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31865
Old September 9th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #48
Footwork
Ray Ninness Bedford, NH

Unhappy I tried Riedell Royals once!!!

I tried Riedell Royals once!!! I thought Figures was calling my name again!! I built a set up using Royals and basically couldn't skate in them. Much of the problem was that my left leg has more curve in it the my right, something I never notice skating in 297's.. But with the Royals I could not for the love of me skate an inside edge on my left foot.. I finally figured out the problem and had the sole of the left boot ground to compensate for the problem with my left leg.. BUT even then I couldn't skate in those boots they were just too stiff for me!! Years ago I stripped off the Snyder plates and put Ice dance blades on them and they are quite nice on ice.. But for me way too stiff for roller skating!!

I still love my I tried Riedell Royals once!!! 297's, someday I may even buy another pair???

Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #49
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footwork View Post
I tried Riedell Royals once!!! I thought Figures was calling my name again!! I built a set up using Royals and basically couldn't skate in them. Much of the problem was that my left leg has more curve in it the my right, something I never notice skating in 297's.. But with the Royals I could not for the love of me skate an inside edge on my left foot.. I finally figured out the problem and had the sole of the left boot ground to compensate for the problem with my left leg.. BUT even then I couldn't skate in those boots they were just too stiff for me!! Years ago I stripped off the Snyder plates and put Ice dance blades on them and they are quite nice on ice.. But for me way too stiff for roller skating!!

I still love my I tried Riedell Royals once!!! 297's, someday I may even buy another pair???

Ray, I know what you mean about the Royals. Not realizing their intended use, I put them on a Sure Grip Classic plate, and commenced to skating like a penguin. Stiff is the word to describe these boots. In my opinion, the best use for any stiff boot is figure skating, not freestyle.

I even tried them with ice blades, and did not like them. I have very strong ankles, perhaps the reason they don't suit me.

I've had 5 different Riedell boots, and must say, the quality is top notch, and the prices are reasonable.
Old September 17th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #50
Jinx

Hey guys more mindless droning from me!

One of the male artistic skaters was the rink yesterday and I was asking him his thoughts on Edea's too (he actually had a pretty bad experience with them in general). He was telling me about how his big toe was jamming up inside the boot and on touch off's they would be painful for him, but that skatesUS had sized them in person for him and such. He was skating in some Risport's that he said he was pretty happy in.

He let me try them on and skate around the rink a few times. They were Risports on Atlas plates. They were.. ... definately different. He is a size 10 and my foot measures about an 8us (41 eur) and even though i wasn't cramping for the 2 1/2 minutes i had them on (I only went around the rink 4 or 5 times and tried 2 waltz jump which were TERRIBLE becuase i hadn't found the balance point in these) I was finding that my feet were feeling compressed. a little bit squeezed on the sides.

I feel like if my feet cant rest completely flat inside the boot I wont be able to function in them correctly (too narrow boots squeeze my feet and cause them to cramp straight down the center). This is the same kind of pain i get when i use roller-blades that are the size my shoes would be. but if i go bigger with roller blades They start to get more comfortable. I dont have Huge mamoth feet, I just think they're a tad wider as they get to the toes. Anyways. IF a 10 Risport was still a little uncomfortable (i wasn't reaching pain yet, just super snug to a concerning degree) then an 8 probably would never work for me. HE couldnt' remember which risport they were or if they were narrow or normal, but risport doesnt offer a wide as I can see (neither does Edea).

The stiffness was very different too. I'll say at this point i'm a little apprehensive at the stiffness, after practicing in this riedell i have (if it IS a 297) and session skating on a no-ankle Bont, it just felt very different, Now I have to stress that i'm not saying "I cant skate on a stiff structured boot" I'm just concerned with how tight/cramped it was and stiff. 4 or 5 days ago i was fairly certain I was going to order an Edea Fly, but now i'm having second thoughts.....

I contacted Josh who said that edea's and risport and harlicks are fine boots, but all pretty stiff.. He informed me he's skated on riedell 336' for his professional career and still recommends them. That does hold some weight for me. I've never tried on a 336, though this 297 with how old it is does cuz a little paint sometimes (very very hard soles, no shock absorption at all, the eyelets dig into my leg when i lace the boot even barely snug around my shin/calf. And pretty much no tounge cushiniong becuase its all rotted away.

I'm confused as much as when I started and I know no one has a 'definate answer for me' i just wish I could have all 6 boots in front of me and try them all on without needing a fortune to do so, and I really dont want to aggrivate my rink manager by having her order a bunch of boots and sending them all back.

I guess i'll re-consider looking into reidells as well, but with how bad their speed boots kill your feet when they are new, I just hestitate a bit.
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:14 AM   #51
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Jinx, if you do a search on this forum for the Reidell Tribute 336, you will not find one negative review, other than the one I wrote when I first started using mine. The Tribute is such a dream, and I would not go back to the 297 unless I were to have mine relined for use out of doors, which I am considering. I promise you, digging in of eyelets, and hard impact upon landing jumps will not enter your mind if you skate in this boot.

I may have mentioned how Reidell has incorporated sufficient amounts of cork to the 336. This gives the boot a rebound factor I never felt with the 297. Combined with a light weight aluminum plate such as one from Roll-line, you should notice a huge difference. Some of the aluminum plates also offer a rebound reflex.

When I weighed my current setup, to my old one, (as listed in my signature), I noticed a difference of 1 1/2 lbs. per skate.
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #52
Jinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84luv View Post
Jinx, if you do a search on this forum for the Reidell Tribute 336, you will not find one negative review, other than the one I wrote when I first started using mine. The Tribute is such a dream, and I would not go back to the 297 unless I were to have mine relined for use out of doors, which I am considering. I promise you, digging in of eyelets, and hard impact upon landing jumps will not enter your mind if you skate in this boot.

I may have mentioned how Reidell has incorporated sufficient amounts of cork to the 336. This gives the boot a rebound factor I never felt with the 297. Combined with a light weight aluminum plate such as one from Roll-line, you should notice a huge difference. Some of the aluminum plates also offer a rebound reflex.

When I weighed my current setup, to my old one, (as listed in my signature), I noticed a difference of 1 1/2 lbs. per skate.

You are right i'm going to search on reviews on it soon.. Thank you for posting your insights on this, It's really wierd to see how biased i was against riedell and wanting to like the edea so much. The problem i'll have is if i dont get an edea but DO get the roll-line plates from skates us they probably aren't gonna mount em for me to a reidell boot. But i'm not THAT worried about it yet. I can always send them down to roger in oregon to mount.

Are all the 336's TRIBUTES ? or is there a 336 regular version i should watch out for? I searched ebay for 336 riedelll and NOTHING that isn't a full skate package comes up, so apparently no one sells just the boot! ha There's not gonna be any stiff leather or 'month long' break in time where my feet are just in agony? I'm a little skeptic about ANY riedell boot not needing some painful breakin time. I DO however like the fact that riedell offers a 'wide' (or what they call wide) option though, as my foot seems to be about 105mm wide on the largest part, i guess most peoples feet isn't that wide? (i'm only a size 8!)

Also How does that cork work out? I actually was considering that Edea Shock absorber insert (when i was considered heavily- an edea boot) after seeing that marble test video they do http://www.skatesus.com/store/produc...roducts_id=336 I was fairly impressed.. I feel a pretty shocky impact on these 297's or WHATEVER they actually are...

This stuff is HARD as nails (definately not cork!)

no clue waht this smudged out stuff says

I got a pair of these from the rink for cushioning... they..... help.. sorta???

All said and told these skates come up at 8 pounds on my 'human' bathroom scale, which is usually pretty accurate to half a pound or so..
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #53
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

I would not buy a skate package with a Riedell boot, mounted on a plate, and shipped to me. Why not? All Riedell leather boots have a heat mouldable liner. The instructions which came with my 336 require putting the boots into a warming oven, (you can do this at home). When correctly followed, this process will give you the best fit with the least amount of break-in time. My 297 boots fit perfectly out of the box. The 336, Tribute was much tighter, due to the harder leathers we are seeing in today's boots.

In 2010 I bought my boots and wheels from Backstreetinline.com, and my plates from skatesus.com. If I had to do it over, I would not change a thing. I believe, as the 336 gains in popularity; the artistic world will see less of the 297 boot, as great as it is, unless your discipline is figures, dance, or freestyle, skaters are moving away from fully laced high-top boots.

I keep my boots laced all of the way to the top. Lately I'm dabbling in leaving mine a little loose above the ankle, and inserting dance plugs. Last week I did my first forward split, balancing on two front, and two rear wheels.

Bottom line here Jinx, do your research, and think about what works best for you so far. The elements of a good skate: boots, wheels, bearings, are as numerous as there are models of cars. Your first consideration should be a snug, comfortable boot. Once you have a form fitting leather boot, everything else is easily upgraded.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for the artistic world. I find I have crossed over, and my style of skating is a blend of JB/jam/artistic.
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #54
rwsz

not sure how long the 336 has been out but i dont think its more then 8 years or so,,,maybe 10, it was made to replace the 297 and a newer model boot, better looking a bit better support and cut down a bit in the back. some tried the 336 and went back to the 297 and others loved the 336 and i think many are going that way these days. but of course its preference and what is comfortable to you.
Old September 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #55
Jinx

Default gotcha..

I totally understand guys, I guess my delimmea is i'm trying to find what's going to work best and then order than and try it. None of the boots on my list are available to even try (I think josh is like a size 7 so i couldn't even ask if i could try on his boot since i'm an 8 or 8.5). Kelly is the only other artist skater who has a size bigger than me so i can at least feel a boot. He's going ot bring in his edea FLY next saturday so i can try it on (its a 10 and i'm an 8 but at least i can get an 'idea' of how it will feel right?). But judging from his Risport it was pretty stiff and very akward to me. So i'm considering the advice of the 336 that josh gave to me.

So i'll probably have someone else mount the bout. I'm not really worried about wheels or bearings or plate (I know i'm getting a roll line plate PROBABLY an energy steel?, I have some NMB bearings i like or i'll get bones swiss and i'm probably going with roll line mustangs or panthers). it's just the boot thats stalling me now. So i'm trying to do as much research as i can, unfortunately you cant search for '336' on this forum cuz its only 3 letters. But searching for 'tribute' gives a few little postings, not a lot, i actually got more info of searching for edea fly..

Is the 336 not as tall up the leg as the 297 is? I find with whatever this old boot is i'm skating with I dont even lace up the last 2 eyelets cuz i just dont see the purpose in lacing a boot that high? In skating in my bont (0 ankle support) My ankles have built up what i think is quite a bit of strength so i really dont need a ton of strength there and so if the 336 is actually shorter than the 297 that might actually be appealing to me.. How much stiffer is the 336 compared to the 297? I cant seem to find a 336 vs 297 review or posting anywhere. As far as reidell boots go Price isn't going to be an issue (at least between 297 and 336, i'm not going to go to a 1000 dollar custom).. 400-600 for a boot is acceptable to me. I just want to get it right.. I want comfort, it needs to be able to accept a slightly wider foot (as i feel mine is) and I aim to do jumps and spins like mapes/axels one day.

I know you guys say preference preference preference, but Honestly I have 0 preference right now beyond "Boy that risport felt kind of stiff and really squished my foot sideways" thats about the only preference I have at this point.. Not trying to be difficult just trying to grab as much of you guyses knowledge as i can as you've seen or skated or know a alot more about these boots than I do and i'm having bad luck with searches.

Is the 336 gonna be more comfortable than the 297 or is it just gimmicky stuff you pay more for? Is it going to be stiff and rough untill its 'broken in' ?

Heck, what do most of the guys at worlds and such skate in? Is it edea? Is it riedell? is it risport? I really started to get the opinion riedell was just one of those 'over inflated brand names' that mattered to people like derby girls. I know that was an unfair and probably bad viewpoint to take I just never really looked into em..
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #56
slhallford
Loops, love the loops!

I've had my 336 for 2.5 years on a Roll Line Mariner Cup plate. I use it for playing with freestyle, dance and loops. I use my Harlick boots with a Roll Line Ring plate for figures.

The 336 never had a minute of break in or discomfort. Everyone told me how awful breaking in boots was and I was ll stocked up on blister pads and band aids and I never needed any of it. They are soft and cozy like a pair of awesome slippers. The only thing I had to change about them was to add a Superfeet insole because of my neuroma issue ion one foot.

My Harlicks were a whole tale of woe getting broken in. I love them completely now but we had a rocky relationship in the beginning.

S
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #57
rwsz

i am not sure of what most of the world skaters are using these days, i tend to think the italians would be in either edea or risport. the 336 is a bit shorter then the 297, your 297 looks like it has dried out and the leather is not as soft as it was. the tongue material looks funny on it, i think it looks like a thin foam, usually the 297 had a fur type, i think a wool tongue lining or lamb, cant remember, sorry.

yeah josh had a smaller foot, probably a 7 to 7 1/2 sounds right to me. too bad you couldnt try on a bunch of sizes and styles and makes of boots. the 336 could be a very good boot for you i think. good luck, dont know what else to tell you.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #58
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Quote:
i am not sure of what most of the world skaters are using these days, i tend to think the italians would be in either edea or risport. the 336 is a bit shorter then the 297, your 297 looks like it has dried out and the leather is not as soft as it was. the tongue material looks funny on it, i think it looks like a thin foam, usually the 297 had a fur type, i think a wool tongue lining or lamb, cant remember, sorry.

yeah josh had a smaller foot, probably a 7 to 7 1/2 sounds right to me. too bad you couldnt try on a bunch of sizes and styles and makes of boots. the 336 could be a very good boot for you i think. good luck, dont know what else to tell you.
The difference in the length of the top of the 297 vs. 336 is approx. 1 1/4 inches. The 336 being shorter, with collar, and ankle padding not found in the 297.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #59
Jinx

Good info guys on the 336, sounds like it wouldn't be a bad option either. Simply becuas ei'm used to more flexibility, and kind of getting 'used' to this older 297 (or whatever it is) that i have, the 336 might not be a bad step up, might give me a bit more comfort while not feeling completely alien like the risport did.. I'm gonna try kelly's edea probably on saturday so i'm not buying anything for a week or so.

Is the riedell 2010 worth the extra bucks over the 336? (josh had only mentioned the 336 as one to look into)

and i'm thinking an energy steel on whichever boot i get.. Matrix seems a bit expensive in comparison and i cant imagine it lost that much weight on it?
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #60
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.

Default 2010

The 2010 is very stiff, and most suited to ice skating, or figures. The only guy I knew who used them for roller skating did not like them, at all.