S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old August 28th, 2019, 11:26 AM   #41
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
For me, skating is about some good tunes, and moving to it. Bad music at a rink really kills me. But, no issue these days. I use my wireless headphones, so I am guaranteed to hear some of my favorites. I usually skate 1.5 hours. With my bike taking care of cardio, I can be care free for an hour and a half skating. I'll be tired in the end, but I can just find a groove and work it. That is a good spot to be in. I like my riding, and if anyone asked, I'd say I'm more of a biker than skater these days. The fitness it brings to my skating is NICE.
Going to get back on my bikes again when the temps cool down. It's been a while. Was hoping the county was going to repave the second half of the main road out here, but haven't so far this year. Was looking forward to a smooth ride from here to the main highway(wide shoulders vs none).
Old August 28th, 2019, 11:55 AM   #42
BMW325TI

I am a sporty man, one of the sports is is inline skating. When at young age I did a lot of aggressive inline skating, many injuries. But never broke something.

Two years ago just cruising around at low speed and slipped in a corner wristed broken ( no wearing protection) Doctor was afraid wrist will be useless, but after many hours hours of training (sports) wrist is almost as before.

So what I am tryingto say many sports is good for your health with proper eating, drinking and mindset. In many situations you don't need a doctor.
BMW325TI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2019, 12:09 PM   #43
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusprime99 View Post
For me, skating is about some good tunes, and moving to it. Bad music at a rink really kills me. But, no issue these days. I use my wireless headphones, so I am guaranteed to hear some of my favorites. I usually skate 1.5 hours. With my bike taking care of cardio, I can be care free for an hour and a half skating. I'll be tired in the end, but I can just find a groove and work it. That is a good spot to be in. I like my riding, and if anyone asked, I'd say I'm more of a biker than skater these days. The fitness it brings to my skating is NICE.
Sorry Roofie, riding an incumbent with 135cm crank arms isn't an aerobic activity, but it sure sounds like it is when you speak in the language of "poser".

But, if your heart rate monitor is recording your heart at 180 bpm for three hours an aerobic workout it is, you must have a log of a ride, care to share.

I do ride two-four hours or so every other day in the Vermont Mt's, I don't use, wear digital devices when I ride, so no digital log, but...I don't wear gloves because I sweat so much my hands are wet, wet gloves are dangerous.
I'm a hill rider, out of the saddle, dura-ace 11 speed, my route yesterday was Westmnister Station Vt to Putney Vt to Saxtons River VT to Bellows Falls vt to Westminster Station Vt, my tires are at 140lbs, the wind was from the south so I rode south, when it's north (most of the time) I ride north-west higher elevations, I haven't put it on a map to look at the vertical. it's got nothing but mile long climbs everywhere, I'm "out of" in the saddle on this ride for 2.5 hours.

Not posing.
Old August 28th, 2019, 04:57 PM   #44
zebra1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
Sorry Roofie, riding an incumbent with 135cm crank arms isn't an aerobic activity, but it sure sounds like it is when you speak in the language of "poser".

But, if your heart rate monitor is recording your heart at 180 bpm for three hours an aerobic workout it is, you must have a log of a ride, care to share.

I do ride two-four hours or so every other day in the Vermont Mt's, I don't use, wear digital devices when I ride, so no digital log, but...I don't wear gloves because I sweat so much my hands are wet, wet gloves are dangerous.
I'm a hill rider, out of the saddle, dura-ace 11 speed, my route yesterday was Westmnister Station Vt to Putney Vt to Saxtons River VT to Bellows Falls vt to Westminster Station Vt, my tires are at 140lbs, the wind was from the south so I rode south, when it's north (most of the time) I ride north-west higher elevations, I haven't put it on a map to look at the vertical. it's got nothing but mile long climbs everywhere, I'm "out of" in the saddle on this ride for 2.5 hours.

Not posing.
I'm shattered if I ride 10 miles to work on a flat tow path.....
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2019, 10:50 PM   #45
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325TI View Post
I am a sporty man, one of the sports is is inline skating. When at young age I did a lot of aggressive inline skating, many injuries. But never broke something.

Two years ago just cruising around at low speed and slipped in a corner wristed broken ( no wearing protection) Doctor was afraid wrist will be useless, but after many hours hours of training (sports) wrist is almost as before.

So what I am tryingto say many sports is good for your health with proper eating, drinking and mindset. In many situations you don't need a doctor.
Had many hard collisions with walls over the years from avoiding kids in the rinks. I started wearing wrist guards several years ago, so far several more hits but no soreness from it. I always wear them now.
Old August 29th, 2019, 01:36 AM   #46
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Going to get back on my bikes again when the temps cool down. It's been a while. Was hoping the county was going to repave the second half of the main road out here, but haven't so far this year. Was looking forward to a smooth ride from here to the main highway(wide shoulders vs none).
You might not need to wait for too much cool. Unless you want to ride HARD. If you are going mediumish, you do generate you own breeze that keeps you surprisingly cool. Well, you'd probably need some shade now and then too. My main path is pretty shaded.
Old August 29th, 2019, 06:02 AM   #47
BMW325TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
Had many hard collisions with walls over the years from avoiding kids in the rinks. I started wearing wrist guards several years ago, so far several more hits but no soreness from it. I always wear them now.
Yup lesson learned in a hard way. I am keen to do inline, so also having protection here
BMW325TI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2019, 10:06 AM   #48
Dazzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
Its a game my friends and I play, a private game more or less.

Capture the flag, everyone for themselves.

You stick a sock(flag) in your wasteband/pocket, everyone else trys to take it from you. Basic rules.
Sounds good. I might try and play it with my son and some of the other families whenever the rink isn't too crazy. I go skating without my son once a week and with him once a week. And while we have a few tricks and moves that we do together, if he doesn't have any friends to hang out with he gets a bit lost after a while. He often wants to do races with me, which is bit pointless because while he's great for a 6 year old, I'm more than a little bit faster than him. But I think he could use his height to his advantage in a game like that.
Dazzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2019, 04:12 AM   #49
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
Sounds good. I might try and play it with my son and some of the other families whenever the rink isn't too crazy. I go skating without my son once a week and with him once a week. And while we have a few tricks and moves that we do together, if he doesn't have any friends to hang out with he gets a bit lost after a while. He often wants to do races with me, which is bit pointless because while he's great for a 6 year old, I'm more than a little bit faster than him. But I think he could use his height to his advantage in a game like that.
Ha, that's cool. Be careful tho, kids about 9 to 12 when they're light weight and have good power to weight ratios are very fast. They may not have high top speed, but what they lack is made up in holding very tight laps around a derby sized track.
Old August 31st, 2019, 01:55 PM   #50
fierocious1

Default BMI 32 without guns... LOL

[IMG]2019-08-31_08-43-02 by fierocious1, on Flickr[/IMG]

I can add weapons if needed....