S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 AM   #21
Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilzzz View Post

That's difficult to argue with. Even if it was totally made up (which I'm sure it's not) it would be difficult to argue with.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:05 PM   #22
ursle
Street Skater

Right, any aerobic exercise will keep the heart and lungs primed, be it ever so humble. and a different sort of workout rest's the muscles (overall) that are worked while attached to inlines.
VS doing nothing for three or four months and having to start from square A with cardiovascular.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:59 PM   #23
reely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilzzz View Post
LOL, this is what most non-runners believe - "Too much running will bugger your knees and destroy your joints". If anything I would say the reverse is true - I used to have dodgy knees but since I have taken up running, and adopted zero-drop footwear and done whole-body functional strength work, my knee problems are practically zero.

The problem is modern lifestyle, not running (or any other sporting activity).
+1

I'm non runner because "I thought running caused" aches and pains due to high impact stereotype.

My wife and I walk and talk (she does the talking) from 15-20k a week. We've been doing so for about 9-10 yrs. We also use a series of Swiss exercise and weighted balls for balance, relaxation and conditioning. When we first started I walking together I wore my old cheap running shoes. And... I did have some issues with my feet, knees and lower back. I thought by complaining(high impact) to her about my feet I could get out of having to go. Fortunately... i married a smart girl, she shut me up with a nice pair of shoes, light and comfy. My foot and knee issues are minimal now.

Coincidentally, I stopped skating around 08' and came back 14'. Without all the walking / whole body approach. I'm convinced walking or running is good for your skating with the right approach.

Spring, TX.
reely? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #24
skaterdog

I skate and run. It works for me. Listen to your body and it can work well.