S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old December 18th, 2015, 12:29 AM   #1
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Default Albuquerque, late January

Wife & I will be in Albuquerque Jan 28 - 31... would be nice to find place to get in some miles! Any suggestions?
Old December 18th, 2015, 02:50 PM   #2
kentek

Default Good luck..

You will be at 6000 feet in winter. They do get snow. And it gets cold.
I'd check to see if there is an indoor rink.
kentek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2015, 04:38 PM   #3
reely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
Wife & I will be in Albuquerque Jan 28 - 31... would be nice to find place to get in some miles! Any suggestions?
I do not remember if there's a indoor club in or near the breaking bad city, but did see a rink just off the highway while at IDN this year.

I'm with Ken with skiing over skating, unless it's ice skating lol. You stepped up to the "super into" cat of inline speed skating in my book. Just by wanting to skate knowing those conditions. You've got the skating bug bad. Go skate a 40k, drink a lot of h20 and re think this it the am.

Leave the skates at home go skiing, unless you're on a tight budget or only in town for business.

Spring, TX.
reely? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2015, 03:07 PM   #4
Demian

Default Albuquerque Local

Their is a indoor rink in Albuquerque. It is called Rollerskate City. If you want to find out if the speed team is meeting while you are here the number to call is 505 299 4494. We are having an unusually wet winter, but I doubt there will be snow on the ground while you are here. Albuquerque has lots of bike trails. I would recommend the trail that is just east of the river, because it is long and fairly flat. If you skate a round trip and skate the whole trail it is over 30 miles. If you search for Albuquerque bike routes you will find a map of all the trails in Albuquerque. WARNING, only the green trails are separated from cars on the streets. Also the trails that go east-west all have a much greater elevation change. If you select a trail, tell me which one it is and I will describe it to you. Little things like whether there are cross streets, and the size of the aggregate can make a huge difference. If you would like a guide while you are here you can contact me at mrdemianarmstrong@gmail.com
Demian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2015, 07:08 PM   #5
bjvircks
Major Trouble

We do plan on doing some skiing while there... but don't want to get bogged down traveling with all our gear so we'll probably rent. We know the skiing at Sandia is pretty tame, but that's OK for this trip. I might go solo to Taos. Wife will be in a conference Fri, Sat, Sun and so I'll be able to skate/ski/play as I like then... but Thurs we'll do something together... maybe ski Sandia. Hope to get in some skating evenings or early AM before wife 'goes to work'. So, nearby trails would be preferred.

Demian... thanks for the offer to provide trail descriptions! Wife is real risk-adverse and so no car traffic is desired. Uphill is OK just as long as it is not uphill in both directions

Old December 19th, 2015, 08:32 PM   #6
matguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
...Wife is real risk-adverse and so no car traffic is desired...
Just make sure her bearings are decent.
Old December 19th, 2015, 09:06 PM   #7
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by matguy View Post
Just make sure her bearings are decent.
Most excellent cross-thread humor!! Thanks for the laugh, Matguy! Yep, they cleaned up real well. As a matter of fact I skated them last night and they felt great.