S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM   #261
Urethane_Speed

Default New member...love the quads - and have a question

Hey, what's up everyone. 'New to the site and so far it looks great! I'm a quad skater who (because I got so busy in my "career") kinda faded out of skating about 8 years ago (but couldn't be kept away any longer!!)

I'm in the market (as we speak) for a new set of indoor Quad speed skates (as I use to race organized a few years back and plus I was the quintessential Rink Rat in general). I fully respect all forms of skating disciplines(Xtreme, inline recreational / speed, artistic, jam/dance, etc, etc.) and the fellow skaters that do them; but I am strickly a Quad speed skater and recreational (I am however interested in learning the technical aspects in all disciplines to be able to converse with everyone here, and properly )

I will start another thread regarding the technical question that I have regarding plates (Aluminum vs. Nylon composite) for quad skates.

Thanks! - and glad to be here.
Urethane_Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #262
ballardthedome

Hello everyone! My name is Brent Allard, 37, been skating off and on for the last 17 years. I live in the San Francisco bay area, currently in Redwood City on the peninsula. Used to live in SF back in the day, doing the Friday night skate every Friday night, skating in GG Park on Sundays (met my wife on skates there) and basically skating everywhere I needed to be in SF.

Once my wife and I moved down the peninsula, my skating took a big decline, I would still strap on the skates for a bit on Sundays up in GG Park, but that was about it. Got interested in inline marathon's earlier this year though and have started to skate regularly again. Got a pair of Rollerblade Lightning TFs that I absolutely love! Nice and comfy boot and those 100mm wheels make skating so much more fun (better on rough surfaces and of course faster). Now I need to take a picture of them to post in the "show us your skates" topic!

Hope to see you all out on the roads and pathways!

bda
ballardthedome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #263
skid

Hi I'm a newbie. Be gentle.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #264
chiskater

Hi everyone,
My name is Chuck and I live downtown Chicago.
I've been skating since I was maybe 7 yrs. old playing hockey, and switched over to roller skates (quads) a year or two later. My uncle managed a roller rink so I used to skate there a couple days a week until it closed when I was 15.
Started inline skating several years later and did that for 10 years or so, stopping completely maybe five years ago.
I just started again a couple weeks ago, and it's as much fun as I remember it was. I did 11 miles along the lakefront path this morning, and feel great (but tired). I stumbled across this forum a few days back, and have found it to be really helpful. Thanks!

Anyway, enough about me...

Chuck
chiskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 03:50 AM   #265
WolfsBane

Hello. My name is Rick. Originally from Dayton, Ohio. I started with a pair of CCM hokey blades some time ago, but never had the opportunity to skate seriously cause I traveled a lot, (former zoomy (Air Force) and Squid, (Navy)). I'm settled in Meridian, ID now and I have the opportunity to get back into blading, (though I quickly exchanged my CCMs for a pair of K2 EXO, thank goodness!!!). I consider myself a rookie since I'm having to find my balance and work on my fundamentals once again. Trying to skate every day of the week, and I'm hoping to eventually build my proficiency and technique once again before heading to the Oregon coast in a month for some much needed vacation. Hobbies include sports, (specially college football), music, computers, photography, rollerblading, and reading.
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:51 AM   #266
gbo
once faster than a wocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
Hi I'm a newbie. Be gentle.

Aw, skid, man! Haven't you figured out by now that we live to eat newbies for breakfast on this board?!

Welcome to the board. Don't worry too much if you say something stupid, we all have very short term memories and will only hold it against you for a couple of months. Minutes! I meant minutes! (some of us don't have memories at all - too many skating falls - but that's another story)

And, btw, generally we need a bit better intro than that.

Skate on!
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 04:50 AM   #267
Seluv
... five more minutes...

Default Emerging from the skatelog Shadows

I too haved been lurking in the skatelog shadows, but I have now chosen to join in the promotion of our awesome pastime.

My name is Sekou. I grew up in Chicago but now reside in Jacksonville, FL. I started skating back in 1999 when lived in Ohio. A couple of my Athletes In Action buddies invited me out to a few ice hockey games at The Ohio State University. After each game the rink was opened to the public for a recreation skating session. Eight games/sessions later, the season ended but my passion for skating had begun.

As the weather grew warmer that year and I felt to need to feed my new-found appetite, I took advantage of my discount at Sportmart and bought my first pair skates: Bauer hockey skates on clearance that were two sizes to big, they felt like boxes on my feet and I couldn't skate for more than 20 minutes before either shooting pains pieced my arches or my pinky toe lost feeling. But I loved every minute of it.

After a couple of K2 softboot Rec skates I bought my first pair of Speed skates in 2003: Powerslide R2 5x84, which I am still currently skating on. I know, I am in terrible need of an upgrade.(Suggestion? Donations?)

Anyway, my next goal is to be at A2A skating 52 miles, so I hope to see you there,

Sekou
Seluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #268
Birgit
Wittle Wascal

Welcome to the board, Sekou!

Remember - we train up near Brooksville this weekend (got to www.A2Afl.com for details) I know its a bit of a drive for you, but the rollers are fun come join us!!
Birgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #269
mvirtue
Rain Coordinator

I had typed a long intro in the previous incarnation of this board but why re-type it when http://www.inlineplanet.com/2007-07b/virtue.html will do.
mvirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #270
umberto

Default artistic skater

My Name Is Umberto Paganelli,i'm 51 Years Old And I Live In Italy, Portofino, Where Me And My Wife Are Owners Of A Restaurant.
I Was 7 Times Italian Champio From 1971 And I Had 7 World Championships. I Had A Lot Of American Skaters Friends Of American Team: Dbra Palm, Natalie Dunn, Randy Dayney And His Wife Petra, Billy Boyd, Etc.
I Should Like, If Possible, Have Some Contacts With Them Or Other Skaters.
Bye
Umberto Paganelli
umberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #271
JimmyB
Pinnacle Footwear Expert

Hey skaters!
Im Jimmy Blair, live in GA, like long walk.... .... i mean, i build skates for a living, Pinnacle Boots to be exact,...I skate indoor, and outdoor, love both of them, have a 3mo old son (JimmyIII) and a BEAUTIFUL wife...
i love answering any questions that i can aboutskating, or anythign else for that matter
my other hobbies are wakeboarding, cycling, boating, and playing with anything i can make faster!
JimmyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 06:28 PM   #272
sculpin
with bifidis regularis

I already added one of these under the name (chiskater) since there was a small glitch and it took a little time for my account to be created under the name I use for almost all forums, (sculpin). To that profile I'd like to add that I have been bitten fully by the bug, and am looking at new skates to complement the K2 flights (80mm) that I have been skating on every day. Based on other folks' questions, and your replies, I think I'm going to get the Radical 100s, (they fit well) and an additional set of 90mm matter F3 wheels to skate on for a few months. I can then put the 100s back on after I get fully acclimated to the larger set up.

This is a great forum!

Chuck
sculpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #273
Shadow Assassin

hello, I'm Shadow Assassin my real name is Dion, I just recently got interested in aggressive skating/ inline skating. But, the thing is that i don't own any so I'm just saving up for some. I'm also interested and do skateboarding, BMX and I guess I'll call this scootering.
Shadow Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 04:34 PM   #274
Seluv
... five more minutes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgit View Post
Welcome to the board, Sekou!

Remember - we train up near Brooksville this weekend (got to www.A2Afl.com for details) I know its a bit of a drive for you, but the rollers are fun come join us!!

Yeah, I have been able to skate with you all a few times when you meet with LBV Skate Club on the West Orange Trail in Orlando. That's a little more convenient because I have family there so I love making that trip. Right now though I have to stay local for at least a month and a half because I have so much going on here. Hopefully I can make it up there in Sept.

Sekou
Old August 6th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #275
NaNaDo

Thumbs up Greetings Fellow Skaters !!!

[

Last edited by NaNaDo; May 12th, 2008 at 05:42 PM.
NaNaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #276
FLOBRN

Default newbie here

Hi all
My name is Cheryll. I am 50 and living in FL..land of heat humidity and fire ants : ). Anyway, I am just getting back into outdoor skating, or rather wanting too. In your opinions, would regular quads or the 100mm quadlines be better? I would like opinions before purchasing : ) thanks
FLOBRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 12:08 AM   #277
speeddevil
Figure/speed/hockey

tim, 13, started artistic skating last year and pairs skating a few months ago going to start competing in a few months. Go to Regionals and win due to the 99.99 chance i will be competing against myself. Coach is Kate Mitchner

Speed skating is fun too but no rinks near me have any quad speed skaters.No competiton anymore.
speeddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #278
chocolat chip

Talking hi

hi
my name is lama i'm 19yo and i'm from dammam i'v been skating for 5 years ,when i first started to skate i was looking for attention from aguy who used to skate every day arround the beach !!and since then it became a habit to skate everyday around the beach!!
chocolat chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #279
JSMurphy
Precision Skater

Default Julie Murphy - Northern Dynamics

Hello,

My name is Julie, I skate for the Northern Dynamics Roller Precision Team.

We are preparing to put together our team for the 2007/2008 season.

Our goals are to skate minimum 16 skaters on the team
Enrich our routines with more difficulty and synchronicity
Up to of 5 hours of practice a week
Qualify and skate the 2009 World Championships

Anyone interested? Please contact me
juliemurphy76@hotmail.com

I will let you know when practice starts, where and what time.
Snohomish County, Washington State

Julie Murphy
JSMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #280
Foot2big
The Elder Skatesman

Hi, I'm Dave
I'm from Oklahoma City, and I skate daily around our lake Hefner (10miles exactly)

I own a pair of k2 Moto90's and love them. I'm waiting on a pair of Razor G 4.1 aggressive skates, (should be here today). My problem is I have a size 13 to 14 triple EEE foot, and so far the softboot K2's are the only thing I've found that fit. (thus the screen name) Hopefully these Razor's that are due in today will fit.

I'm 42, single dad with full custody of a 10 y/o boy and a 7 y/o girl. Been raising them alone for 5-1/2 years. We ride, roll, swim, 4 wheelers, dune buggy, jet ski, climb, dive, perform rock and roll, play our ps3 and 360, build computers, shoot guns, camp, fish, frisbee, football, soccer, cruise in my 3 screen, 3 subwoofer, 05 HEMI durango, and sometimes we even sleep. LOL

I'm the marketing director and vice president for a local construction firm, and often frequent the YMCA for weight training.

I've got a Giant street-trail-park Jeff lenoski STP mountain bike and about 12 other minor bikes that between me and my two kids, manage to ride weekly. My kids have two real nice pairs of RollerBlades, 4 size adjustable skates. (feet2big #2 and #3 lol)

I stay in shape and enjoyed getting ID'd at the beer store last nite, although I think she was just flirting with me.

AND WHERE DID THESE ABDOMINAL MUSCLES COME FROM ALL OF A SUDDEN! LOL. Skating, the past 3 months, has been very very good to this old fat dude! (pics on my profile and on the "show us your pic" thread)

I'm looking for skating partners around the OKC metro. Hit me up, lets go roll.

Peace,
Dave from OKC