S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old November 3rd, 2017, 03:11 AM   #1
Kaykay

Default Breaking in new skates

What is the best way to break in new skates?
Kaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2017, 03:24 AM   #2
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
What is the best way to break in new skates?
EZeefits, a couple of cokes, some food and skate for several hours at the rink! Or til you tire out. Our group in Spring usually skates 2 1/2 hours minimum on Sundays. I get a bit more skate time in than that. About 3 1/2 to 4 hours. inlines or quads?
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2017, 04:40 AM   #3
Kaykay

Quads. I have been wearing them at work (shhhhh, under my desk mostly) and a little skating in the house (wood floors). I haven't skated in probably 15 years. Trying to avoid severe pain. LOL

We are going to the rink Saturday and Sunday for 2 hours each. Really hoping I can still walk come Monday. LOLOL
Old November 3rd, 2017, 05:34 AM   #4
Derrick

Quote:
Quads. I have been wearing them at work (shhhhh, under my desk mostly) and a little skating in the house (wood floors). I haven't skated in probably 15 years. Trying to avoid severe pain. LOL

We are going to the rink Saturday and Sunday for 2 hours each. Really hoping I can still walk come Monday. LOLOL
Hope you got snug skates. You hav eRavens right? Make sure you heel is locked in. Snug at the toes. A bit looser at the flex point. That is why you have hooks at the top and not holes. Itís a bit conterintuitive but loop around the hooks top first then all the way around. That locks the string in place while alowing the flex point to flex.

Take your time tying as you get used to how to tie. With your foot in the right place you should avoid blisters.

I always found I got less blisters going backward in brownies. But Iíve never got blisters is my Ravens.
Old November 6th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #5
Kaykay

Did about 4 hours this weekend, and no blisters or pain! Have some sore muscles though! LOL

Kids are now hooked and can't wait to go back next weekend!
Old November 6th, 2017, 05:52 PM   #6
fierocious1

Quote:
Did about 4 hours this weekend, and no blisters or pain! Have some sore muscles though! LOL

Kids are now hooked and can't wait to go back next weekend!
AWESOME!! Way to go! We had a great time this weekend as well. 4 hours and lots and lots of laps.
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2017, 04:09 AM   #7
BPTS
I made your Mom blush....

After breaking in numerous pairs of ice hockey skates and mountaineering boots the method I feel works best for me is this:
I have a pair of ultra thin wicking socks that I will dampen (this only works well with leather lined items, padded or synthetic lined items don't respond as well. Lace up the footwear as snug as you can stand (make sure to seat your heels well) without causing pain and wear/skate the items until they are dry.
The next time you put them on the worst is over.
BPTS is offline   Reply With Quote