S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old October 7th, 2017, 06:32 PM   #1
MANY_SkatingDave
Skating = Tear RIFF ic

Default Varicose Veins on the Right Leg ? ?

Hi ALL,

First off I am almost 70 and have been skating a long time. Going skating in a little bit at our local Rink. Hopefully some of my younger buddies will be there. You know the 20's and early 40s skaters. Too early to catch some of the older guys if they will come later.

In some literature they say that hard exercise will create varicose veins. My wife noticed it on a biker (the premier race) and thought his leg looked like mine. SO I am using compression socks lately on that one leg the Right Pushing and hard working leg for Rink Skating.

Experiences and Knowledge is My Question

Yours in Skating, MA/NY Skating Dave
P.S. Thanks in advance, yet I am bad lately on reading SLForum
P.S.-2 Please no one send me a private message. My box is full
Old October 7th, 2017, 06:49 PM   #2
gotsk8s
I bet Godsk8s too!

I have them in both but worse in my left. They don't bother me just not pretty to look at lol. Occasionally I get some pooling at the end of the day in left ankle but if I prop it up it eventually goes about its business. 55 here, or will be in about 24 days, and I love working those young chumps over lol.
Old October 8th, 2017, 12:24 AM   #3
ursle
Street Skater

Well, I only skate outdoors, and I rather look forward to cooler temps in the fall, as it drops into the mid 60ís I start to wear CDX compression bottoms, tightening the hips and upper legs with compression clothing is wonderful, they offer insulated pairs, I have a few for snowboarding, and thinner pairs for not too cold weather,
as I love to road bike summers, I see compression socks worn by serious riders and some recovering from injuries, neoprene, tight, havenít tried any, heat is my problem, real compression socks

I donít wear gloves on a bike because my hands are so wet the gloves become useless, but,
Dave, a pair of the thicker neoprene socks unless you already have them sound like what you want, the CDX come in a version that stops just below the knee (for skiers) combine the two, and drink more water eat less sugar.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2017, 03:26 PM   #4
Derrick

Default +1

I wear them too. Tried the thick pair skating. Hated it. Lost all kinda feel for the skate. Haven’t tred the thin ones in skates. But I wear them other days.
Old October 20th, 2017, 05:04 AM   #5
rufusprime99
Ninja Naked Mole Rat

You can improve circulation and vein/artery wall health with Nitric Oxide. Nicric Oxide is made in the body from Arginine. Arginine is present in watermelon, and a few other foods, and is available in a supplement.

I have been taking it for 3 years now. Prior to that, I was on blood thinners due to blood clots. I never liked taking the thinners, and I was always told, for all my life, that I had small veins, and doctors always had trouble taking my blood. Arginine/Nitric Oxide widens all blood vessels and promotes better circulation. Putting two and two together, I got to wondering if my clotting was due to small veins. I was desperate to get off of the thinners, so I stopped taking them and went on the Arginine. It worked. I haven't had any clots, and my energy level went up. (better circulation, better oxygenation, more energy)

Dumping blood thinners. Pretty unheard of. Worked for me, might work for you. I use MRI NO2 Black. Give it a go. See if it works for you.