S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Dance and Session Skating Forum Discussions about roller dancing, jamskating, rexing, rink session skating, dance circle skating, and similar types of recreational indoor and outdoor skate dancing .

Old February 5th, 2017, 11:38 PM   #1
Mitchell P.

Default Outdoor Dance/Shuffle Wheel Recs

Hey Dancers & Shufflers out there - looking for some input on dance wheels for outdoor use.

I scored a deal on some Reckless Envy Hybrid but don't like 'em much. They have those speed grooves & are 38mm wide... I prefer narrower.

For reference, I sk8 Bones Elites @ the rink and had a pair of Bones Bounce outdoor wheels that I liked a lot. They were 62mm x 80 hardness I think, looks like Bones discontinued the style.

Thx in advance!
Mitchell P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #2
Dreggerz

Talking

I like radar energy wheels for outdoors they are narrow and tall with great grip. Makes outdoor high speed dancing possible for me without constant slipping or road rash
Dreggerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2017, 06:05 PM   #3
Skater m0m

I do a lot of dance/shuffle and Rex skating outdoors. Im relatively new to quad skating. Been skating for about 4 years now. I have tried several wheels and my two favorites are the krypto impulse wheels and bones day of the dead 82mm.

I skate mostly on smooth asphalt, concrete and boardwalks/biking trails. I prefer the krypto impulse for dancing, quick turns and crossover turns/shifts. Dotd wheels are not as smooth for bumps and cracks, but equally good for spins and turns.

I'll list some others I've tried as well.
kryptonics route 62 great for crappy trails
Radar energy 62 too sticky/slow
Sure grip motion sticks like glue until you break them in. Then still sticky but good for crappy roads.
Bones Miami Beach 65 best for trails and downhill skating.

Hope this helps.