S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    


Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Artistic Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Artistic Skating Forum Discussions about any topic related to artistic roller skating including quad artistic skating, inline figure skating, pairs, dance, synchronized skating, and show skating.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2014, 08:37 PM   #1
Zafira
Member
 
Zafira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 91
Default Harlick boot width

Hi All,
I've been looking at some stock Harlick boots. Looking at their online sizing chart and measuring my foot (especially around the ball of the foot), do Harlick's run narrow? I'm in Riedell boots now and think they run a bit narrow because I wear a regular B-width woman's shoe and have to wear very thin socks with them.
My freestyle coach loves Edeas and all the kids in the skating club wear those but I don't know what I think of a boot that isn't all leather.
Thanks for any info!
~Z
Zafira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #2
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafira View Post
Hi All,
I've been looking at some stock Harlick boots. Looking at their online sizing chart and measuring my foot (especially around the ball of the foot), do Harlick's run narrow? I'm in Riedell boots now and think they run a bit narrow because I wear a regular B-width woman's shoe and have to wear very thin socks with them.
My freestyle coach loves Edeas and all the kids in the skating club wear those but I don't know what I think of a boot that isn't all leather.
Thanks for any info!
~Z
they all can be bought in different widths, but i think the newer riedells since the change many years ago run a bit more narrow.
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:23 PM   #3
Zafira
Member
 
Zafira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 91
Default

Thanks Rick. I am thinking the Harlick must run a bit narrow too, taking my foot measurement I would need a D width, but in a shoe I take a B width. I was hoping to pick up a used pair, but I think they'll be too narrow.
Zafira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #4
rwsz
Senior Member
 
rwsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: mass
Posts: 6,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafira View Post
Thanks Rick. I am thinking the Harlick must run a bit narrow too, taking my foot measurement I would need a D width, but in a shoe I take a B width. I was hoping to pick up a used pair, but I think they'll be too narrow.
you can always get them stretched if you pick them up for a good price.
__________________
Ciao Rick
rwsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 08:22 PM   #5
sk84luv
..., therefore, I skate.
 
sk84luv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,027
Default

Here is a link to a video titled, The Right Fit. It is for ice boots, but there is no difference in the way a boot should fit; be it roller or ice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qAgi2JQ9DG0
__________________
Riedell 336, Roll-Line Mistral, Roll-Line Panthers. Swiss Labyrinth II .
sk84luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #6
Zafira
Member
 
Zafira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 91
Default

Thanks Sk84luv, that helps a lot!
Zafira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 04:03 AM   #7
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater
 
pastskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84luv View Post
Here is a link to a video titled, The Right Fit. It is for ice boots, but there is no difference in the way a boot should fit; be it roller or ice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qAgi2JQ9DG0
Thank you!
I learned some new makers of boots.
__________________
Futureskaters are our passion
Pastskater
pastskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #8
pastskater
Tommy's Pastskater
 
pastskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,077
Default

Just got done with my boot fitting, and Phil was a great help. Any questions when interested in sizings or fittings he could answer. Glad I went with Harlicks, as they will go the extra mile.
__________________
Futureskaters are our passion
Pastskater
pastskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #9
Zafira
Member
 
Zafira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 91
Default

Pastskater,
What model/style Harlick are you going to get?
I tried on a High Tester this past weekend (used) and it felt much too stiff for me.
My Riedell 297 is pretty soft. Possibly to soft where the left ankle is broken in.

I have to get a new boot, mine are killing me when I work on my backwards anything.

I've also been looking at Edea because the local skate club use them and the coach recomends them.

What kind of boot are you using now?
Zafira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.