S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old May 7th, 2018, 03:19 AM   #1
esromj

Default Compatible Cushions?

I have new Wonder Fox / Fox Pro / FLD Skate Z001 plates. They came with cushions described as 88A-90A. I'm happy with them but I'd like to figure out if they're the same size as another brand in case I want to switch the cushions later.

The larger cushion is 28mm outside diameter, 12mm inside diameter, and 21mm tall. The shorter cushion (that rests inside the truck) is 28mm outside diameter, 12mm inside diameter, 16mm tall, and 19mm outside diameter in the narrower part.

Does anyone know if these are the same size as any other brand cushions?

Thanks,
Jon

Wonder Fox Z001 plate

Cushions
esromj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2018, 01:03 PM   #2
ursle
Street Skater

The only dimension that matters is the inside hole dimension, the size of the king pin, now, you’ve got barrels, you can easily use cones, only the top and bottom of the cushion need support, the outside of the cushion doesn’t need support, if you have to short a cushion you can add plastic spacers to achieve the desired dimension.
Getting some 78a - 99a cushions is a good idea, mix and match, find what you like.
I run cones top and bottom, the less cushion the less energy lost, the less weight, more truck action.
For the short end of the cone I run titanium washers, strong, light, no bigger than the cushion dimension.

The more energy you put into compressing a cushion, the less energy you get back.
Compressing less cushion takes less energy.

Looking at that bottom picture, the small dimension on the right cushion is the one size you must match, or be smaller than, the cups those cushions fit in can be discarded, and replaced with flat washers.

Cushions don’s snap back and give energy, they absorbe energy at all times.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cushions, fox pro, wonder fox