S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old July 10th, 2014, 03:16 AM   #1
padge

Default Powerdyne arius

I got a set of these. How do they compare to the reactor as far as movement goes. Been wanting to trade these to a set of reactors
padge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #2
llama of death
DIY nutter/Gearhead

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by padge View Post
I got a set of these. How do they compare to the reactor as far as movement goes. Been wanting to trade these to a set of reactors
Why would you do that? Curious to know what you don't like about them.
Old July 10th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #3
padge

I do mostly shuffle skating with a lot of backwards skating. Seems at high speeds they get squirly lol. I could use the harder cushions but then I feel as if I couldn't shuffle my feet.
Old July 10th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #4
padge

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama of death View Post
Why would you do that? Curious to know what you don't like about them.
I don't dislike them at all. They are super lightweight at very responsive. I just bought a used set of reactors. So I'll keep my arius's and see how they compare
Old July 10th, 2014, 10:34 PM   #5
llama of death
DIY nutter/Gearhead

Quote:
I do mostly shuffle skating with a lot of backwards skating. Seems at high speeds they get squirly lol. I could use the harder cushions but then I feel as if I couldn't shuffle my feet.
Odd, I'm 180lbs on the blues and spend most my time backwards feels more stable than forward for me. The way the cushions work they are setup as though they are nearly full loose on other setups (while at or near center), so I can see where that might feel like that. There is, or shouldn't be, any resistance at center on any Arius cushion.

How much time have you given your feet to adjust?
Old July 10th, 2014, 11:07 PM   #6
padge

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama of death View Post
Odd, I'm 180lbs on the blues and spend most my time backwards feels more stable than forward for me. The way the cushions work they are setup as though they are nearly full loose on other setups (while at or near center), so I can see where that might feel like that. There is, or shouldn't be, any resistance at center on any Arius cushion.

How much time have you given your feet to adjust?
I'm about 210 on the yellow ones. I've skated maybe 6 sessions on them
Old July 11th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #7
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

I'm on whites(80A) My weight fluxuates from 178-188. I never have stability issues at any speed im capable of skating at. Indoors or outdoors, slippery or super sticky rinks.

I did feel like they were going to snap my ankles off at first though! I come from inlines and the plate before that Arius was a Sunlite. It gripped like crap in comparison and the only thing I liked on that sunlite was the toestop boos. now that I have adjusted to the Arius's boos(where I keep a plug in) Its all good. just the angle on the Arius would not get quite as high as the sunlite when going up on my toes.

6 sessions is just a short amount of time.

That thing is like a race car, its a precision machine, and getting used to it will take some time as its a bit unforgiving over traditional kingpins from what I have experienced.
Old August 7th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #8
PappaWheelie

I hear a lot of people really like them. I have read and talked to the gear heads talk about how they are squirelly in the middle and they compress when you turn-- so you have some inconsistancy there when skating. A few threads about mods.

I skated them a twice and I liked them... but I am easily influenced by reviews of people I like when spending that kind of money and so haven't pulled the trigger yet to get one.
PappaWheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #9
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

I actually have some negatives about them, and how to adjust that problem to make it right. Hopefully I'll get off my arse and post it.
Old August 7th, 2014, 11:21 PM   #10
slowpoke
Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

My wife isn't really happy with hers.
Old August 8th, 2014, 04:08 AM   #11
Mort
Sk8 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
My wife isn't really happy with hers.
Any reason as to why? They do have softer cushions/bushings now, so if the 80A was too firm you could try something as soft as a 71A I think.

I'm about to write up my diddy on my Arius.

I have little negatives to say about my own. I've had the chance to skate a few different plates and it just feels good for my tastes. The stability is a little different than say mt tweaked out carrera s the way the resistance ramps up and the way it carves.

How much skating experience does she have with quads, inlines and years of experience on each?
Old August 8th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #12
Kiepur_Inlein
'cause B!tch£s misbehave!

Quote:
You should try running a softer cushion for the front trucks than you do for the rear trucks of your plates.