S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Roller Derby Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Roller Derby Forum Discussions about banked-track and flat-track roller derby events, teams, skaters, and training methods.

Old August 4th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #21
llama of death
DIY nutter/Gearhead

Exclamation

Unless demon has changed their manufacturing process avoid them. I have had three RMAs in the last year on ALL of the pads (wrist elbows and knees). The fabric used for the demon 'derby' pads, the canvas, it is inferior. I have reported this to them they acknowledged it is an issue but I have yet to see a set which does not start to literally fall apart at the seams within two months. The Velcro for the caps is also inferior quality.

The 3d0 is great, it hold ups and protects really really well. As to the G-forms but they need some kind of hard cap to play derby so I only use them under pants at the rink. (g-form are ideal for that btw, light and you forget your wearing them, but thank god you did cause they are so soo good)

IF Demon has replaced the fabric without me knowing, then they would be the best on the market IMO, but I doubt they have.
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #22
The Skating Skier

Good info...thanks. Maybe I will wait for the Demon skate knee/elbow ver. 2. The G-Form Pro-X knee pads are excellent...comfortable and offer good protection. The d30 depth in the elbows is much thinner (than in the knee) and with less coverage area. Have you ever fallen on your elbows with the G-forms? Do they offer sufficient protection?
The Skating Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #23
llama of death
DIY nutter/Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skating Skier View Post
Good info...thanks. Maybe I will wait for the Demon skate knee/elbow ver. 2. The G-Form Pro-X knee pads are excellent...comfortable and offer good protection. The d30 depth in the elbows is much thinner (than in the knee) and with less coverage area. Have you ever fallen on your elbows with the G-forms? Do they offer sufficient protection?
I scare the living crap out of people in the gforms, I demo them by falling knees and elbows from a slight hop (fall about 2-3 ft directly to the floor and the shockwave is all I feel (the elbows and knees feel fine after, joints less so depending on how hard I fell)

Oddly both pads gform and demon have a odd habit of being more painful in low impact force falls than high impact falls. I belive it has do do with the absorption properties of the materials them selves. (A big fall hurts LESS than a small one)

I would warn that the G-form pro-x, lacks any covers for the material and gets damaged quite easily from contact with the ground. I found it best to cover them in a tough canvas or wear them under my cloths to protect the exposed Poron padding.