S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old December 28th, 2018, 10:24 AM   #1
djpemberton

Default Inline skates for long distances

I currently skate on Bont Jets--usually 15-20 miles at a time. I used to have some Rollerblade Tempest 100s which I did some longer distances on (up to 40 miles). I really likes them, except for the fact that they were a bit narrow for my wide (but skinny) feet. I am now looking for some good long distance skates (30-100 miles). My eye has been on the Powerslide Grand Prix Trinitys. Are there other skates that you all think I should consider? Anyone have any experience with the Grand Prix (especially if you have wide feet).
djpemberton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 03:50 PM   #2
SkateMO

Even for longer distances, a boot like the Bont Jet is suitable. Many of the outdoor races in the USA are 26 miles and a lot of people use low cut speed boots for those distances. Even at races like the NY100K or A2A (87 miles) a speed boot is doable.

So, a lot depends on your experience and comfort level using speed skates. But, I think many on this forum would probably argue that rather than switching to more of a rec / comfort skate, you should find a speed skating boot that fits you well and just get used to wearing it for longer durations. Bont does make some higher cut boots, like the Semi-Race, but outside of additional support, I'm not sure it would provide many advantages over the Jet. Probably the best way to go if you're really serious about the sport is finding a custom boot maker and getting custom fit. If a boot fits your foot well (and is designed well), you can wear it for hours with no pain. If my legs and body could take it, I could go skate 6 or 7 hours today in my custom Pinnacles and have no pain or discomfort at all in my feet.
SkateMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inline fitness, inline marathon, long distance skating