S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old March 24th, 2015, 09:41 AM   #1
FRGL1

Default Unorthodox Setup Advice

I've been drilling on Rollerblade Twisters with Seba prerockered frames for a couple months and I'm looking to invest in the FR1.

Since I already have the flat 243mm stock frames from my Twisters, and the Seba 243 rockered, I was thinking of getting the 84mm or 90mm frame option with my FR1s (when I get around to ordering them).

Either way, I'm sold, but the question I have is: Is it worth experimenting with full rocker over 80mm middle wheel size? I've fallen in love with the control and freedom I have on full rockers and don't significantly enjoy front rocker setups. I plan to use the Twisters for my urban commutes and the FR for dedicated Slalom, but I'd like the option to play around even when I don't have my slalom skates with me.
FRGL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:04 AM   #2
GregT

Personally, I don't like bigger than 80mm wheels on my "fun" skates.

However, I do think Canadian aggro/freestyle/mushroom blader Leon Basin sometimes rides a 90mm rocker (on ramps no less) with success.

Not sure if Seba carries a 273mm pre-rockered frame though, so you might have to work out some odd 90mm/84mm combo.
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:43 AM   #3
FRGL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT View Post
Personally, I don't like bigger than 80mm wheels on my "fun" skates.

However, I do think Canadian aggro/freestyle/mushroom blader Leon Basin sometimes rides a 90mm rocker (on ramps no less) with success.

Not sure if Seba carries a 273mm pre-rockered frame though, so you might have to work out some odd 90mm/84mm combo.
That sounds like it could be fun and worth trying. I do see that zerodrag currently offers 82mm wheels, though, but I'm not sure how I feel about a 4mm difference from one frame to the other, now that I think about it.

If nothing else, I can just go front rocker 90mm frames with the odd 84mm wheel if I don't like full 6mm rockers.

Although if anyone knows where I can find 86-88mm wheel sizes with 85a+ hardness I'd be ecstatic. I'll be keeping my eye out for em and will follow up if I find anything good.
FRGL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 03:57 AM   #4
GregT

Don't know if these rollerblade wheels are any good, but shop-task has them in 84mm it appears.

http://usa.shop-task.com/collections...rbladehydrogen
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote