S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Slalom Cone Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slalom Cone Skating Forum Discussions about slalom cone skating, high-jump, and other freestyle trick skating. (Note that vert, street, and park skating discussions should be posted in our aggressive skating forum.)

Old February 10th, 2014, 06:55 PM   #1
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

Default My TRIX2 finally came today!

About 8 days ago I ordered a TRIX2 skate. For a a little extra money I was able to modify the TRIX2 from the out of the box stock skate to having a deluxe rocketed 243mm frame, Seba ILQ9 bearings and green street invader wheels.

The skate comes completely assembled wrapped in plastic bag. Seba supplies 3 skate tools with your skates and a set of laces that are not laced onto the skates yet.

First impressions are they look like high quality skates and are not heavy.

I tried them on with out the laces knew right there the laces were going to be needed. So I laced them up. At first my toes were cramped and I thought they were too small but that all changed in about 10 minutes and they became somewhat comfortable. I was able to move my toes but not excessively. after about a 1/2 hour my toes became a little numb. I took the skates off and then put them back on kicking my heel further into the back of the skate then tightening the laces even more. They felt good. My heel did not seem seated at first but the more I stood on them and took them off and retightened them my heel was feeling great. There will be a little break in at the toe section but it is not bad at all.

Yesterday I tried on the High Light 80's and loved them. They were the same size as the Trix2 I just bought. The 2 skates have a different feel. The High Lights are a more cushy feel because the memory foam is all around your entire foot and also in the toe box area. Where as the Trix2 does not have that cushy feel in the toe box area. Not that the Trix2 is bad it just does not have that cushy feel at the toe box. The Trix2 felt tighter in the toe box. It is also noted to the touch when sticking your hand inside the Trix2 there is not a whole lot of padding in the toe area either. The High Light had more padding throughout the skate. (Hence: Cushy feel) The bottom line the high lights are more comfortable. The other thing is the high lights have a cuff and the trix2 do not. I did not want a cuff on my skate…. I wanted a more flexible feel. I probably could have got use to the cuff on the high lights. So those were my 2 choices for my price range. Trix2 and High Light.

I really like the look and most importantly the feel of the Trix2 because of the way they are constructed. The Trix2 allows forward ankle motion when going into a deep knee bend. Also noted the Trix2 is lighter than the High Light 80 but not by much and would not be a deal breaker but just so slightly lighter with all being equal with the deluxe frames and 80mm SI wheels. The Trix2 is not heavier than my 15 year old Bauer inline hockey skates with 76mm wheels. I was super happy about that. I also noticed the Seba Trix2 does not lean forward as much as my Bauer skates. The bauers appear to have a higher heel and the trix2 appear to be level or parallel to the ground.

As far as the velcro straps they are good. The Micro adjustable strap seems weird to me because I never used one but it does it's job. Also noted it feels like if you are too aggressive with the ratchet strap it will break. So you get to that point an you need to stop ratcheting or you will damage the strap. I tend to like my skates tight so the laces that are supplied with the skates help me achieve the feel I'm looking for along with the ratchet strap and velcro straps. They are all needed as far as I'm concerned But not so much the toe strap right now.

So it looks like I ordered the right size for my Trix2. My foot is 270mm long and 105mm wide. I ordered a US mens size 9 or EU 42. On the box it said MP 27.5 I assume that means a maximum of 275mm of space in the skate. My toes did not touch the front of the skate but they were right there and thank goodness they were not touching because I do not think it would have been a good thing because my toes would have been crushed. My normal shoe (sneaker and dress shoe) size is a mens US 10.5 It is so hard to pick a size when ordering off the internet.

I have not rolled on these yet but I know they are keepers because of the way they feel.

I do wish I could try on a US 8.5 for giggles just to see because all the posts I have read keeps saying they should hurt. I'm not going to worry about it.

The only negative I could say about the trix2 is that when looking at the bottom of the skate where the leather wraps around it is glued and not stitched into the plastic.

Last edited by SVT CAMR; February 11th, 2014 at 02:53 AM. Reason: dam auto correct.
SVT CAMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #2
Shaw

The matte look is really nice, much better than the glossy older models. Let us know how they roll!

P.S. The plastic y-shaped things on either side of each skate are the "cuff" for the trix2. The heel should also be slightly raised, by roughly an inch. Might be less than your Bauers, but it definitely shouldn't be level.
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #3
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
The heel should also be slightly raised, by roughly an inch. Might be less than your Bauers, but it definitely shouldn't be level.
I agree with you but short of me taking a level and checking them I went with what I see. Your right it might be less than my Bauer but if you check these pic links from shop/task I think it is the way the boot on the TRIX and TRIX2 were designed. I hope I'm wrong.

Here check them out.I think you can see one leans forward more than the other. You can also see how the heal looks taller because of the molds. Is it an illusion?

http://shop-task.com/collections/cit...seba-trix-2-80

http://shop-task.com/collections/spe...3-seba-trix-90
Old February 11th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #4
Shaw

Should just be an illusion, otherwise those frames wouldn't fit. Slalom skates generally use the same standard 165mm frame mounts that speed skates use which have a raised heel, and I don't see the trix2 being an exception. It's not worth worrying about in any case, just get out there and skate!
Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #5
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

Shaw you are 100% right. I was able to take a closer look by holding the skate to a straight edge. There is heel lift there just not as dramatic as the Bauer hockey skates. It is a non issue. I'm ready to roll.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:19 AM   #6
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

I also wanted to give some advise about sizing.

I measured my foot after i got home from a 3 hour long skating session. So my foot was pretty much at its largest.

The technique of measuring I used I learned from this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4_aN-I8afI#t=2

Here are 2 sizing charts I found useful.

http://www.theskatenowshop.com/index...=56&Itemid=445

http://skatecrazy.net/sizing

By far the sizing was the biggest issue with buying a SEBA skate. With this method it put me right where I needed to be. (lucky) I hope this method and use of charts helps you find the right size seba skate. Good luck.
Old February 21st, 2014, 09:39 AM   #7
Kristof

Your skates look awasome man
But what I don't understand, is by buying a Trix2, an extra rockered deluxe frame, green cuff, green street invader wheels and better bearings, it was pretty expensive. With that kind of budget, why didn't you buy the Seba Trix (normal edition) or Seba WFSC?
I bet you really like the green? I admit it looks super cool!!
Kristof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 11:02 PM   #8
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

Since you asked it was an extra 85 for the wheels bearing and frames. (Swap out) The color kit was an after thought. another 28. So thats why. I see what you mean if I bought all that ala-cart.

The carbon was not important to me.

Still would not equal the price of a wfsc. IIRC I do not think the wfsc comes with a rocker frame either. EDIT: Wrong! The WFSC's do come with rockered frames!!!!

Yes I'm happy with the green. Just buggin out.

More important they ride nice.

Last edited by SVT CAMR; February 23rd, 2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:07 AM   #9
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

Finally put the laces in from the SEBA TRIX color kit.
I was out skating at an indoor rink today. It took a few sessions to get use to the new frames and just having new skates in general but these things are feeling really nice. Finally got the coating off the wheels. These are by far the best skates I have ever owned. After about 8 hours these skates are 90% broken in. These skates were purchased at http://shop-task.com

Old February 25th, 2014, 06:20 AM   #10
Kristof

My god they're so beautiful Really really nice with all the green, makes them look pretty unique and personalized. I want to buy Seba Igors model 2013, but I admit they won't look as cool as your Trix2
Kristof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #11
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

Thanks Kristof,

Update: I finally broke in the toe box area. I use to get pain after the 2 hour mark. Now I can go 3 hours no problem and even more.

I absolutely love these skates. No regrets.

The only thing about these skates that I wish we're different is that they had skid pad on the sides and toe box!

The trix2 boot is everything I pictured it to be. Awesome support but flexible in all the right places at the upper section.

The rockered frames I cannot say enough about. They did not come with the out of the box trix2 model. I added them on as an prorated extra at purchase. I could not imagine not having having a rockered frame. I will quote some one who told me "it is like having an extra pair of wings" it took a little while to realize this because you will need to find your new center of gravity but once you do its game on and sky's is the limit.

The best part is I can finally skate and not think about my skates while skating. This is what I call the perfect fit.

Great job SEBA! maybe think about adding the skid pads and toe protection to this model. I will buy another pair if you do.
Old October 26th, 2014, 03:17 AM   #12
Macargu

Excellent review of the Trix 2, SVT CAMR.

The more I read about them, the more sold I am on them, even as an old beginner looking to buy inlines in the near future.

You sure got yourself a beautiful pair of skates!
Macargu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #13
Akema

You wont be disapointed with the trix2. I was waiting on some to arrive while reading this review and i must say it will be hard for me to go back to a traditonal cuff after using this design. Already planning to buy the carbon version of this skate eventually as it feels so nice compaired to all the boots ive tried in the past. The trix fit so well, they feel even better than my usd carbons and they have been heatmolded. One tiny thing, it is a shame there is no replacable pad on the side. While i do not even bother with slides yet i have noticed on one boot there is already some wear there. Really looking forward to see what seba releases for 2015.

Heres a image of my trix ☺

Last edited by Akema; October 27th, 2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added image
Akema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2014, 02:48 AM   #14
Macargu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akema View Post
You wont be disapointed with the trix2...

Really looking forward to see what seba releases for 2015.[/IMG]
Nice skates, Akema! Thank you for feeding my excitement.

I was also wondering when Seba will release the new models, maybe towards the end of November? I might be able to get a previous Trix2 model at a reduced price then. We'll see.
Macargu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 06:32 AM   #15
SGP

I want to buy new skates but am very aware that a new line may come soon. Anyone know historically when info on new lines comes in the year with Seba?

I will probably still buy some high lights from another SLFer if the size is right.
SGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 07:06 PM   #16
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

Default 11 months later

Some of the wheels were wore out and it was time to change things up a little bit.
The boot is the same with new SEBA color kits, Matter FSK wheels and Bones swiss 6 bearings.

I want to add that the boot is still in great shape besides some minor scrapes. It was skated on at least 2x a week. About 250+ hours of skate time. some of the wheels were wore out long before this. I did manage to clean the ILQ9 pro slalom bearings last month. some of them were in perfect shape after the cleaning session but some were not so good. This was judging from a free spin. They did seem to roll pretty fast when skated on after the cleaning. (These just became my outdoor bearings)

I have not rolled on the new Bones swiss 6 bearings yet. I did manage to roll on 4 of the matter wheels and they seemed pretty nice with plenty of grip on the wood floor.

I still have no regrets about buying this TRIX2 boot. Just wish it had replaceable skid pads and a little more protection on the toe area.
I see some of you are waiting for the latest new thing. I say just get a skate!!! do it! Even if you get a new pair your going to want another pair. The color kits keep me from getting bored. lol

Last edited by SVT CAMR; January 9th, 2015 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old January 13th, 2015, 08:55 PM   #17
GregT

I love the slalom ILQ-9 bearings, but it is true that they can require cleaning after a while and some may be damaged if they get too dirty. Which can be a problem for people like me who are generally too lazy to clean bearings.

Last year, I ran out of clean bearings and needed my wheels to turn for an event in Portland. I pulled the only good bearings I had, some "Seba Titalium Freeride" bearings from my FR-A skates.

I was worried at first because the metal shields quickly dented in due to strain from the extreme angles I put my freestyle skates through. This is a problem I've experienced with all (two-sided) metal shielded bearings.

What was different with these new Freeride bearings was that the bearings did not lock after being dented. With other metal bearings, I could only slalom a couple of weeks before the wheels stopped turning. However, I've been able to ride more than 6 months on these Titalium Freeride bearings with no problem. Though they've gotten wet several times, they've not rusted, and I've not had to clean them (TBH, I'd not try because I'm far too lazy to remove C-Rings).

Anywho, I've been very satisfied with these bearings so far, as they still spin well and have required no cleanup. They aren't quite as fast as the ILQ-9s out of the box, but that's not that big a deal for me for slalom.

Seba also sells "Storm" bearings which I guess are sealed and may be superior, but I've not tried them so can't comment on ATM. I'd kinda like to try the Storm bearings next time I buy a set, but I might just stick with the Freeride ones as they've proved pretty good, even though they are not designed specifically for slalom's angular loads.
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 08:43 AM   #18
btcustomdesign

Default how are your Seba Trix2

Hi SV Camr,

I am new to Skate Log Forum.

Your Seba Trix 2 looks very pleasing to the eyes due to the GREEN from your original black colour.

I have the Seba High Light model, but wanted a second pair with more flex at the ankle.

Now that you have skated in your new Trix2, what are your feelings regarding the flex at the ankle point?

Do you find that the Trix2 give you more ankle motilities to do foot work rolls while with enough support(even with no cuffs) ??

Also, with your rockered frame, having all 80mm wheels, what are the different in off-set?
Bruce
btcustomdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2015, 10:46 PM   #19
SVT CAMR
At the rink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcustomdesign View Post
Hi SV Camr,

I am new to Skate Log Forum.

Your Seba Trix 2 looks very pleasing to the eyes due to the GREEN from your original black colour.

I have the Seba High Light model, but wanted a second pair with more flex at the ankle.

Now that you have skated in your new Trix2, what are your feelings regarding the flex at the ankle point?

Do you find that the Trix2 give you more ankle motilities to do foot work rolls while with enough support(even with no cuffs) ??

Also, with your rockered frame, having all 80mm wheels, what are the different in off-set?
Bruce
Hello Bruce,
I'm wondering if you did not lace your skates up all the way and left the upper strap loose if that would help with mobility. Most of the people I see with Highs leave the laces and strap loose at the top.

The trix2 give me excellent support. Although the trix2 does not have a ridged upper cuff it has a lower triangular cuff which is more than adequate. The upper section of the skate has a softer surround that I feel is a perfect fit for me.

I lace the skates up and leave the last holes empty at the top. After tightening the laces I hit the micro strap as tight as I can get it. The upper velcro strap I do last. Before attaching that I flex my shin forward and then just snug the velco. No need to have that top strap super tight. I love that flexibility. There is still a bunch of support there as well. Compared to lets say a hockey skate there is more support and comfort with the SEBA TRIX2 skate. As for the toe strap some days I'm tightening it some days I just snug it. (Depends on how wide my foot is that day) The trix2 boot is sort of narrow down by the toes. Not too bad though for my wide feet.

The offset of the rockered frame is 2mm.
I have mixed old wheels with new and created 4mm offset and did not like it. I found myself leaning forward and sloppy. Not saying I could not have got use to it but it just felt wrong. 2mm feels just right.

I like the color kits SEBA offers. when it is time to get new wheels you get a new color kit and it is like having a bran new set of skates.

The mobility and action on the skate is awesome. I can't say enough good thing about it.