S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Group Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Skates Discussions about night skates, organized skate tours, skating party weekends, and similar group social skating events.

Old January 15th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #1
janneman

Default Nightskates in Holland (Netherlands)

Year around; (even when freezing!)

The Hague - every tuesday : royal skatenight
starting 20.30 hrs on the place before the palace (vredespaleis - carnegieplein)

Rotterdam - every wednesday : ROW - meaning rolling on wednesday, rough open wounds, rotterdam on wheels, you go figure. Fast nightskate - not for beginners - starting 20.30 before café "plan C" under the cubic houses of the overblaak.

Arnhem - every friday: Arnhemnightskate starting 20.00 hrs Cafe Dudok at the Big Eusebius church.

Amsterdam - every friday: fridaynightskate starting 20.00 hrs in the "vondelpark" - close to the filmmuseum.

Eindhoven - Rol-later
Tuesday nights starting 19.30 hrs at Café Wilhelmina - wilhelminaplein.

Leiden - skatology - tuesdays and sundays starting 20.00 hrs at the beestenmarkt (marketplace).

NOT year around (most of them starting off in april again)

Tilburg; friday party skate - starting 20.00 hrs at cafe "t vaticaan" on the "korte heuvel"

Utrecht; skateparade - fridays starting 19.45 hrs on the place before the beatrix theatre (jaarbeursplein)

Groningen; fridayfunskate - starting 20.00 hrs in the northern park (noorderplantsoen) at the oval pool.

Amersfoort: Friday nights and sunday cityring - on odd dates, publisched on the website - always gathering at the clubhouse of the amersfoort iceclub on the Bisschopsweg.

Rotterdam wednesdaynightskate - one of the biggest nightskates in the world, getting from 10.000 to 15.000 skaters- 5 dates:
25 juli
01 augustus
08 augustus
15 augustus
22 augustus
gathering on the big marketplace next the St Laurenschurch starting 19.30 hrs

Enschede: not confirmed yet, but the organisation is trying to get the nightskatetwente rolling this year

Haarlem : Haarlemnightskate - to roll on fridays:
» woensdag 30 mei
» woensdag 20 juni
» woensdag 11 juli
» woensdag 25 juli
» wo. 8 augustus
» wo. 22 augustus
» zat. 1 september
on 20.00 hrs on the icetrack "ijsbaanlaan".

Gorinchem: wednesdaynightskate - in the summer at 19.00 hrs in front of the parking lot of company De Groot en Visser"" , Marconiweg 1.

Oosterhout: midweekskatetocht - from ice-club oosterhout at variing times and for different levels - most at 19.00 hrs at the parking of SCO-TOFS Elskensweg.

Maassluis: fridaynightskate maassluis - at the marketplace starting 19.30 hrs. No dates for 2007 set yet.

Alkmaar - Fridaynight on wheels (friday NOW)- starting at 20.00 hrs at the noorderkade - no dates for 2007 yet.

Den haag - skatetôg - some dates in late summer, free tour, but obligable to subscribe via the website! (due to complicated rules of the city government...). no dates for 2007 yet.

Sittart / geleen - saturdaynight - also on wednesday and sundaynights .. only one or few times, no date for 2007 yet.
Old January 17th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #2
Anne-Jelmer
ILSE skating club

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman
Enschede: not confirmed yet, but the organisation is trying to get the nightskatetwente rolling this year
Yep, that is what we are trying...
And I've got a very important meeting with the local police tomorrow.
It's more or less D-day. I am allready nervous.
We're trying to get agreement on a reduced number of skates. So we can start building again.

Good thing is that I am a big Police fan, and I am receiving all kinds of positive information. Like this!

Anyway, anyone with some time left! Cross your fingers for Nightskate Twente!
Anne-Jelmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #3
janneman

Default one legged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Jelmer View Post
We're trying to get agreement on a reduced number of skates.
AJ - what about using one leg to skate then? then a double number of participants can go ?

or maybe they should take turns and exchange their equipment like an estafette tour?
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #4
Anne-Jelmer
ILSE skating club

That is "on a reduced numer of Nightskates". I wasn't talking about equipement. I can't believe your a smartass in English as well.
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM   #5
Anne-Jelmer
ILSE skating club

Well that was an interessting meeting. The policeman was ill.
So no meeting at all.
That left plenty of time to have a chat about our difficulties with the local newspaper. Article comming up...
Old January 18th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #6
oldiesk8er

Exclamation Could this be the Nightskate for me.

Rotterdam wednesdaynightskate - one of the biggest nightskates in the world, getting from 10.000 to 15.000 skaters- 5 dates:
25 juli
01 augustus
08 augustus
15 augustus
22 augustus
gathering on the big marketplace next the St Laurenschurch starting 19.30 hrs

Janneman,

I had a look at the website of one of the "biggest nightskates in the world" but discovered it is written in a funny language that probably only you and a few others understand. Does the Rotterdam nightskate welcome allcomers including veterans or is it like the London Friday Night Skate where they up the pace to keep silverskaters out. Only asking.
oldiesk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #7
janneman

Cool welcome

oldiesk8er - you are very welcome to join the rotterdam nightskate. there is no subscription, no fee, no skills required.

I marschalled last years and often people asked me how to break because they never or hardly ever skated before -
my advice in those cases; pick out a nice buttocks and grab - this is your chance

the route is done really easy paste (12 km/h) and not long; 16 km with a break halfway.

tip; bring your zories/slippers/shoes for the afterparty!

and oh - that funny language is called dutch- also referred to as some throat disease
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #8
oldiesk8er

Janneman,

Thanks for the info. Rotterdam sounds just the right nightskate for me. Why does it only run 5 times a year and how do I convince my wife she would like to take her summer holidays there?
Old January 19th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #9
janneman

Default one word

i'm saying one word; beach

it's beautifull - under any circumstance. Even in a killing storm....
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM   #10
Anne-Jelmer
ILSE skating club

Well guys the struggle in Enschede, the Netherlands continous.
First article is about what happened last year (no police => no skate), and what we need for this year. We need the police to acompagny us.
This monday Sport activity counci is talking with the adler to get police support. We also wrote a letter to the alder.
Also we are looking for alternative places. First option is Hengelo.
Sorry for not translating!
Edit: Bablefish translation
The Internet site had been hijacked, the police force had cancelled collaboration. To twente the head does not let fall to Nightskate. The skatetochten on Friday evenings straight through enschede live herstart. The dates stand already on the Internet site: with reservation.

The developement which experienced the organisation of the skatetochten in 2005, and 2006, not yet seems in order. This time is it a small obstacle. The appointment does not go by that Anne-Jelmer drent with the police force has to nevertheless try get accompaniment. The concerning agent is sick. Later on the day drent can communicate a positive weapon fact. Jurgen Schiphorst of the service sport activation of the municipality stands most behind its plans. Drent especially a day rather have taken to persevere speed behind the herstart of nightskate-tochten the enschede. In 2005, to the evenings lived a peak, outlines drent. Tenmiste up to halfway the season the police force wants free no longer mankracht for accompaniment of the excursions. A hard slap for the initiative. ' without the politiewagen to the head of the procession cannot do its own movement correctors the work.' Daarbovenop announced themselves a still more annoying fact. the Internet site pale hijacked. The web master had not put the field name of the Internet site in the name of the organisation but on its own name. He had set up himself ' wild ' skateclub. The foundation Nightskate twente lost this way the most important communication means. Our legs were knocked off under us. Now that site note bene from air is. The remaining organizers had such as drent say, little sjoege of Internet sites. ' this way we have cut ourselves in the fingers.' It has lasted a year before damage had repaired. ' all e mailadressen were we lost, and also all information which could be read on the site.' Now stand drent and is makkers throb for herstart. A new site has been lifted of the ground. Contact has been laid with the police force. Drent hopes most on collaboration of that side. We have brought back the number of at to nine for the complete season. As a matter of fact, the police force weet also always us to find at the marathon. Then our movement correctors grant collaboration. And where it concerns actual, argues he are matter. ' by ride, during two hours one police force car with zwaailicht.' The sudden stopper in 2005, the confidence has done none in the organisation well. Drent has been persuaded of the new chances for the nightskate on Friday. It is approachable, and even draws participants from complete twente and Münster. Ambition is 300 participants, so much draws Gronau there also. A opsteker can note drent already. The support of Schiphorst of the municipality for the summery excursions. Now still the police force. To as long as the dates of skate-avonden on the site www.n-skate.nl stand ' with reservation '.

Foundation Skatenight talks with police force

ENSCHEDE - the organizers of Skatenight twente have next week a conversation with the police force. The group wants, communicated as, herstart make with the skatetochten on Friday evening. Nine stuks stand, they it with reservation, planned. But the foundation Skatenight is possible nothing without the support of the police force twente. There would be draughty during the two hours lasting a police force car with zwaailicht first must drive. Or that support comes there the question is. The department concerned can say about that still nothing. First of all there a license claim must just like at other events submitted at the municipality. As far as it is confessed that not yet happened, thus a police force spokesman.

Old February 7th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #11
janneman

Thumbs up management summary

may i summarise - AJ ?

in spite of all efforts of Anne-Jelmer and the rest of the Enschede-skaters, the local police seems to know only one word; "no"

Them Su### just dont want to cooperate in any form. Maybe - just maybe - some political pressure will do some, but for now, the Enschede team is looking to relocate the nightskate to the neighbouring city of Hengelo.

wish you good luck, Anne-Jelmer!
Old February 7th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #12
Davey_Speedstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldiesk8er View Post
Janneman,

Thanks for the info. Rotterdam sounds just the right nightskate for me. Why does it only run 5 times a year and how do I convince my wife she would like to take her summer holidays there?
A 5 hour drive to Hell and then the overnight ferry to Rotterdam.

The only problem I can see with all of this is how you convince her that you'll be out every night doing the various other streetskates that you might as well do whilst you're in Europe.

**Thinks about a street-skating tour of the Netherlands and then nite-skates in Lille, Paris, and why not a trip to Barcelona???**
Davey_Speedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #13
oldiesk8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey_Speedstar View Post
A 5 hour drive to Hell and then the overnight ferry to Rotterdam.

The only problem I can see with all of this is how you convince her that you'll be out every night doing the various other streetskates that you might as well do whilst you're in Europe.

**Thinks about a street-skating tour of the Netherlands and then nite-skates in Lille, Paris, and why not a trip to Barcelona???**
A five hour drive to where............Hull I suppose. (How are things in Hull anyway?)
You given me food for thought and as a bonus I can tell the wife you set me up for this!!
Old February 8th, 2007, 08:05 AM   #14
Davey_Speedstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldiesk8er View Post
(How are things in Hull anyway?)
Same as ever, I came here in 1991 to start universtiy and I'm still here.

However I know that my escape plan will soon be coming to fruition
Davey_Speedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 02:39 PM   #15
Anne-Jelmer
ILSE skating club

And again a bit of news from Enschede.
The mayor of Enschede kind of overruled our contactperson with the police.
Looks like we will get police support for 2007.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:31 AM   #16
dalaro

congratulations! have fun
Old April 13th, 2007, 08:20 AM   #17
Anne-Jelmer
ILSE skating club

And it is final!!! Nightskate Twente is back!!!

We talked to the police yesterday, and indeed. The city alderman and mayor decided that the Nighskated had to continue. And the police really don't mind what they are doing. So they are happy to cooperate.
It looks that because of police capacity support got cancelled last year.

But this year we are back! YEAH!!!

Your all invited to come and skate along in Enschede!
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #18
janneman

Exclamation Rotterdam wednesdaynightskate

the dates for this years´ skatenights are announced:

30 juli
06 Augustus
13 Augustus
20 Augustus
27 augustus

Start: 19:30
Start point: Binnerotte (Blaak markt)

scribble in your planners!
Old July 9th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #19
janneman

Default 2009 first midsummer version in Rotterdam

Yeah - happened again - the first midsummer - nightskate in Rotterdam.

We drew about 5000 participants. Not bad for a real cool and windy evening.

a few typical pics...

4 more weeks to go

full album : http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/v...albumview=grid