S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    


Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Group Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Skates Discussions about night skates, organized skate tours, skating party weekends, and similar group social skating events.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #21
7Skaters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaranthe View Post
I'll keep it in mind! I'm chomping at the bit to get back on wheels!
Well, then....hope to see ya Saturday morning! LOL

My skates, CURRENTLY (may change tomorrow or Sat. before we go, but I doubt it):

Light up front wheels
My own cutom (read: "dyed") purple Radar Demon wheels in back
Purple Toe tops
Multi-Colored NEON laces
Oh...and white boot...

Even if I had a pic to send you and ya mised "me", ya can't miss my skates! LOL
7Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #22
amaranthe
Senior Member
 
amaranthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dundee, MI
Posts: 187
Default

Well, it looks like I am going to be able to make it out tomorrow, and I may bring a friend or two with me, if luck holds.

You'll know me -- I'll be the short, plumpish redhead with a helmet and all the pads on; you'll see me at the rental counter looking frightened.

BUT the good news is, my custom Quadlines are ordered, and should be here within a week to 10 days of yesterday!!

Hopefully see you tomorrow!
Angelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Skaters View Post
Well, then....hope to see ya Saturday morning! LOL

My skates, CURRENTLY (may change tomorrow or Sat. before we go, but I doubt it):

Light up front wheels
My own cutom (read: "dyed") purple Radar Demon wheels in back
Purple Toe tops
Multi-Colored NEON laces
Oh...and white boot...

Even if I had a pic to send you and ya mised "me", ya can't miss my skates! LOL
amaranthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #23
7Skaters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaranthe View Post
Well, it looks like I am going to be able to make it out tomorrow, and I may bring a friend or two with me, if luck holds.

You'll know me -- I'll be the short, plumpish redhead with a helmet and all the pads on; you'll see me at the rental counter looking frightened.

BUT the good news is, my custom Quadlines are ordered, and should be here within a week to 10 days of yesterday!!

Hopefully see you tomorrow!
Angelle
COOL! Can't wait to meet ya.

So far...it looks like it'll be me, hubby, 3 of our kids (2 are at grandma's)...Dennis (if he shows - where are ya, Dennis??? - though he hasn't missed a weekend yet up here), and possibly one more of my friends (she just signed up for the forum yesterday, forget her ID on here)...she went last week, literally broke her butt (hairline fracture - tailbone) and bruised a thumb, so she's looking into pads, too. Wrist guards mostly for her. It's been a while since she skated - another one of us who "used to skate a lot in the 80's, but took a 15 - 20-some year break"...she still hasn't gotten her skate legs back yet, either. Dennis is really good, hubby's gettin' there, thanks to FINALLY having his own skates, he's been doing stuff he never would have thought of doing on rentals back in the day (learning how to backward skate now, doin' really well)....and me...I'm just a speed freak, no fancy stuff for me....YET! I used to jam back in the day - NOTHING like I've seen in videos posted on here (it's just not done around here much), but some basic shuffle steps and such...now, however, I'm still a bit leary of picking up either foot off the floor (other than in turns for crossovers) since I have absolutely 0 balance to begin with and it's a lot further down than it used to be if I were to fall now. LOL

Don't forget to print off that coupon ( www.ohioskate.com ) remember to click on the "Maumee" rink's link. It's normally $4.50, but you get $1.50 off with the coupon...and if your friends do come, well...you can get up to four people in on the same coupon, so you'd still only need one for the 3 of ya.

If you get there early - they have classes for the kidlets before the session - but they still let us in, so we like to try to get in there before the classes are over so we can help the younger ones with their skates and ALL be ready by the time they call the first "all skate"...er...anyway...if you get there early enough, we usually have a few extra coupons printed as well. I print enough for an entire month at a time, but if my mom's got a couple or we get free/discount passes and such, we always end up with some extras.

We also try to get there early so we can get the "best booths" (4 long tables, 2 & 2 back to back, RIGHT when you walk in the door) so we have plenty of room for all our shoes, skate bags/boxes (Dennis has a bag with stuff for his skates, too)...jackets/sweatshirts when it's chilly, etc....so it's pretty much our whole "group" at those 4 tables.

Oh oh oh.....Also, I'll be wearing my red skatelog t-shirt (navy writing, though it looks black now). LOL Between my skates and the shirt....yeah, you're NOT gonna miss me! LOL

See ya tomorrow morning!!
7Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #24
7Skaters
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,312
Default

Hey Angelle!

It was great meeting you, and your friend, this morn!

Hope those skates come in by next Saturday!!!

Once you get your own, it'll be a whole different world on wheels.

Like I said, hubby only got his about 2 months ago and he's doing SO much more than he ever did on the rentals.

Yes, it probably will take you a session or two to get used them, but at least you'll know how they react - each and every time you put them on! Unlike rentals that you never know what you might get (loose wheels/tight wheels, regular wheeels/speed wheels, really loose truck/super locked down truck). You'll be a quad pro in no time!! Or...well...as least a lot more sure of yourself. LOL

I never would have known that was only your second time on quads. You're doin' great already!

See ya next week!
7Skaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:39 PM   #25
Dennis Lauer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 329
Default Michigan Rinks

http://www.skatemichigan.org/

Hey amaranthe:

If I did this correctly it should direct link to the Michigan skate web site we discussed. Otherwise you may have to type the web address in yourself, when you get to the home page click on Find a Rink the screen will show you a map of Michigan with skates showing locations of rinks and the right side of the screen shows names and locations of rinks. Many of these rinks have their own web sites to explore. Enjoy roaming around at this site. This web site does not show all Michigan roller rinks only member rinks of this group.

It was great meeting you and your friend and I hope to see you both again soon.

Keep up the good work. You were skating so well today that it was hard to believe it was only your second time on quad skates, rental skates yet! You will get better even faster when your new skates get here.

Dennis Lauer
Dennis Lauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #26
Dennis Lauer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 329
Default Roller Rinks USA

Hey 7skaters & amaranthe:

Now that I know how to direct link to other sites I thought I would link to the RSA site. RSA is a group that represents rinks accross the whole USA. They have an area called Find a Skating Center that you can use to find member rinks in any state. The last time I looked there were 49 member rinks in Ohio and 43 member rinks in Michigan. Their is much other information in this site and I hope anybody reading this goes to the site and explores.

http://www.rollerskating.org/display...articlenbr=237

Dennis Lauer
Dennis Lauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #27
amaranthe
Senior Member
 
amaranthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dundee, MI
Posts: 187
Default

It was great meeting you guys, too! Thanks so much for the support and encouragement! Very much looking forward to seeing you again soon!!

Angelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Skaters View Post
Hey Angelle!

It was great meeting you, and your friend, this morn!

Hope those skates come in by next Saturday!!!

Once you get your own, it'll be a whole different world on wheels.

Like I said, hubby only got his about 2 months ago and he's doing SO much more than he ever did on the rentals.

Yes, it probably will take you a session or two to get used them, but at least you'll know how they react - each and every time you put them on! Unlike rentals that you never know what you might get (loose wheels/tight wheels, regular wheeels/speed wheels, really loose truck/super locked down truck). You'll be a quad pro in no time!! Or...well...as least a lot more sure of yourself. LOL

I never would have known that was only your second time on quads. You're doin' great already!

See ya next week!
amaranthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.