S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum > Group Skates
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Skates Discussions about night skates, organized skate tours, skating party weekends, and similar group social skating events.

Old April 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #1
crashpants
Boo!

Default Full moon skate at the Austin veloway

I did my first night time full moon skate at the Austin veloway the last full moon a week or so ago. Where the road is in full moonlight it's easy to see, but there are a lot of trees and shaded areas that are very dark. You would NOT want to do this without first having skated it during the day and become familiar with the pavement. Even then, after putting in hundreds of miles on it, I still forgot about one place with a bad crack, and hit it flat footed. Bump!

The first downhill into the dark went against all my survival instincts. I'll do it again, but probably only one lap each time, it's too much tempting fate to expect to not have an experience that is more interesting than desired.

The Hill Country Inline Club organizes a group social at the veloway every Thursday during daylight savings time season. We also organize the full moon group skate. See the online calendar for details.
crashpants is offline   Reply With Quote