S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old August 16th, 2018, 04:36 PM   #1
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Default "Hey Jude" turns 50 !

one of the most iconic combinations of music and lyric turns 50 this month!

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smith...ter-180970004/

Be sure to watch both videos. Song origin came about as McCartney was thinking of consoling words for Lennon's son Julian during Lennon's divorce ("Jules" later became "Jude").

na na na nananana
nananana Hey, Jude!
Old August 19th, 2018, 02:32 PM   #2
quantoo

Default me prefers immagine by lennon

It makes sense, that's why the human race will never be smart enough to implement it.And most likely the real reason why lennon was murdered.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 03:19 PM   #3
bjvircks
Major Trouble

here is a very sarcastic and maximum snarkyness "Gee, Thanks" going out to Quantoo for taking a positive and pleasant posting and making it ugly.

There is no wondering why participation here has dropped to near zero.
Old August 20th, 2018, 09:28 AM   #4
jackbkwikn
ALTAMURA

Both great songs.

Ignore the negatives....
Old August 21st, 2018, 12:42 PM   #5
quantoo

Default fair enough then but

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
here is a very sarcastic and maximum snarkyness "Gee, Thanks" going out to Quantoo for taking a positive and pleasant posting and making it ugly.

There is no wondering why participation here has dropped to near zero.
i didnt see anything negative about being positive in a direction that promotes peace.but a fair call i turned it a little ugly ,but at the same time drew attenion to a lennon song that just maybe 1 more person that has'nt heard or listened to it properly might look it up.
Almost everybody is hung up on following the leader and chasing status/the dollar they fail to see that people have to be crushed for others to get ahead.

if everybody stopped and took a stand the same time the authoritys would do the usual and start the killing one way or another.
we are all stareing at another 100 years minimum of the same old ,because we let em get away with it.
immagine theres no country.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 06:51 AM   #6
bjvircks
Major Trouble

quantoo

I want to apologize for being harsh and unkind.

Your quick diversion to John Lennon's murder caught me by surprise and 'set me off'. I very much respect IMAGINE and all it represents. My thought when I opened this thread was to establish shared good thoughts and feelings centered around "Hey Jude" and I was taken aback when death was brought into it.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 02:02 PM   #7
quantoo

Default no sweat you dont have to apologise mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
quantoo

I want to apologize for being harsh and unkind.

Your quick diversion to John Lennon's murder caught me by surprise and 'set me off'. I very much respect IMAGINE and all it represents. My thought when I opened this thread was to establish shared good thoughts and feelings centered around "Hey Jude" and I was taken aback when death was brought into it.
I edited my last post to be honest as i gave you a serve ,a result rash thinking.
I think the world really needs a change and what i really believe he "lennon"was assassinated because he was danger to those war mongers in power.
Its a true shame we lost lennon and i didnt understand the yoko ono thing until i matured and now i realise some japanese people are really honorable.
Another thought is these musicians are philosophers and work real hard at trying to unbrainwash society and promote peace.
youde remmember that song telecast live around the world all you need is love and {all we are saying is give peace a chance}?
if you say it enough, then if enough people say it,then people start doing it ,then it spreads like a good disease.
We had a commedian called ugly dave gray in australia and his saying was its nice to be important but its important to be nice.
i showed sh!t loads of niceness to a family and shared with them till i realised all they care about is getting ahead and wealth/status.
i did try to tell them money is only plastic and the only good thing it can buy i freedom. one of the younger ones looked at me and said really.i said yeah freedom of choice they understood that part.
theres heaps of hints like you can spend all your time making money ,you can spend all your money making time. I see bosses making your time worth less money and part of their money buying your time to save theirs.

Last edited by quantoo; August 23rd, 2018 at 04:50 PM.