S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old July 28th, 2018, 04:30 PM   #1
fierocious1

Default Old rentals

Rinks are too far for most to drive. But, lately a few people have been asking about skates. I picked up a couple of crates a while back of rentals. Mismanaged skate repairs on some of the skates are just plain stupid. Different brands of wheels, different trucks, different size wheels, bearings locked down for new little skaters so hard that the wheel bores are damaged and even different skates of same size tied together as a set. Anyway started sorting some of it out. Gave away 3 pairs to locals to learn on. Gotta get people into skating.
Old July 31st, 2018, 12:35 AM   #2
amohrfeld

You may want to talk to Tee at Sun&Sk8. She does a lot of events with schools and other charitable groups. I was once thinking about a trailer filled with rental skates so she could better help with the events.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2018, 01:53 AM   #3
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohrfeld View Post
You may want to talk to Tee at Sun&Sk8. She does a lot of events with schools and other charitable groups. I was once thinking about a trailer filled with rental skates so she could better help with the events.
These are well used rentals but will still work. I think I have about 70 pair now. I replaced some of the bearings in them but did not get to all of them. Kind of a mix of SG competitor/jogger style plates. Well worn boots but still usable. PM me a number if you have it please.
Old August 13th, 2018, 03:18 AM   #4
ValerieAnne

I recently (within the last few days) found someone that had 200 plus pairs of rental skates for sale. The post was VERY detailed. I was talking to the person about purchasing a pair (or a few, so I can gift, as they were about $25 a pair after shipping, etc) but as we talked more, they ended up pulling the listing off of eBay, saying there was a problem in the listing. As, I thought it was a great idea to donate them to people that may want to skate. So, I salute you for doing just that.
ValerieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 01:54 AM   #5
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerieAnne View Post
I recently (within the last few days) found someone that had 200 plus pairs of rental skates for sale. The post was VERY detailed. I was talking to the person about purchasing a pair (or a few, so I can gift, as they were about $25 a pair after shipping, etc) but as we talked more, they ended up pulling the listing off of eBay, saying there was a problem in the listing. As, I thought it was a great idea to donate them to people that may want to skate. So, I salute you for doing just that.
A while back there was skates being sent to servicemen in crates. I really liked the idea. So I give a pair here and there to kids and adults. About all a person has to do is put fresh cushions on them. The wheels are generally fine for beginners. Besides there are lots of extras in the crate. Got to try to get people into it while they are young. I only had about $100 in 300 pair. When I was through culling, less than a 100 left.