S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | SkateLog.com | Email    

Home

*** The SkateLog Forum is Moving to SkateDebate Dot Com ***
(select above link for more information)

How To Get a User Account in the New SkateDebate Forum
(new home of the SkateLog Forum)

How To Get a User Account in the SkateLog Forum
(Note: this forum is going off-line in June of 2020)

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 2nd, 2019, 10:50 PM   #1
zebra1922

Default A few adjustments, new bearings/wheels and wow!

I fitted a Falcon F-16 plate to my Ridell 120 boot a few weeks back, and it bothered me that when I looked at other peoples skates at the rink and in pictures, the rear wheels were further back than mine.Whilst trying to get the front wheels just ahead of the ball of my foot I'd mounted the whole plate forward.

Long story short, 6 new holes and 1 inch backward later, new plate mount. Tried it out tonight with some new wheels (Bones Art Elite 101A) and new bearings (Qube 8 ball) and wow! What a difference.

Probably all the different parts had an effect. Balance felt so much better (well, after I stopped falling forwards instead of backwards!), and those bearings are brilliant, light push and I roll right down the rink. Harder wheels helped with the manourvering and I didn't notice any adverse slipping when accelerating hard - brilliant.

Confidence was low due to a knee injury, but after 30 minutes I was back to my level (admittedly not very high) but everything felt smoother and more comfortable. Can't wait for my next session to try a couple of new things (left backwards 3 turns - not yet got the hand of the inside or outside edge so they will top the list for now).
zebra1922 is offline   Reply With Quote