S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > General Interest Skating Forums > Main Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Skating Forum General discussions about all types of skating, including how to skate, places to skate, skating events, skating equipment, and any topic that does not fall under one of our other skating forums.

Old November 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM   #41
Pepper Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedysktr View Post
As opposed to here where we get to see it for free? BAM!!! sorry, couldn't resist.

Folks, speedy kids. The morgster and speedy go way back to, um, like August, they're like this <holds up crossed fingers> and they almost got drunk in Duluth. Some of actually did, btw, but hey, that's another story that speedy only partially remembers.

How long have you been sitting on that waitiing to let it fly? I just enjoy the idea of you counting my drinks and seething as the tally climbs. Is that so wrong?
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #42
speedysktr
President of Everything

sorry, dmorg, that was wrong of speedy. He just forgot about it. , but when he first saw it, he just had nothing, then just now it was like he had waited his whole life to say that sentence and now the timing was just right.

Thanks for the props on the family unit. Hell, we don't have to hitch up our chid drens to do that, speedy could just lose a bet or something.

That scenario has the makings of a good corrupt a wish.
speedysktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #43
sk8r_jean

Skating has always been a great release/escape for me.

I took on the role of caretaker at a VERY young age...so it became the one thing that allowed me to just "be a kid" for awhile.

I returned to this passion of my youth after a near 20 year absence -- because I needed that healthy sense of release again.

But don't get me wrong, that's not the only reason I skate. I absolutely LOVE the creativity, and God knows I need the exercise! -- I get very absorbed in my creative work and have been known to skip a few nights of sleep to meet a deadline. So it takes a powerful motivating force to "step away from the computer".

It's great that skating can engage the mind, challenge the body, and lift the spirit, all while allowing for creativity and self-expression. I can't think of one other activity that is that satisfying. (Well maybe one. )

I would probably be considered an "old school roller dancer", although I hate labels.

Any-hoooo, I enjoy the urban freestyle flava' of skating, as opposed to the structured artistic version. I guess I feel that way about art in general - the more organic, natural and raw the better. But that's just my preference, I'm not knockin' anyone else's.

Roll On!

Jean

P.S. - This is me and a very talented friend of mine skating. (The graphics are totally tongue and cheek, btw.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYRJjXvPWXo

###

Last edited by sk8r_jean; February 24th, 2007 at 01:13 PM.
sk8r_jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #44
janneman

Default welcome

welcome to this community , Jean!

although from totally different cultures and circumstanes - i do recognise the "need" of skating in one's life.

welcome to your fellow-men and keep smiling on wheels
Old November 16th, 2006, 07:39 PM   #45
sk8r_jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by janneman View Post
welcome to this community , Jean!

although from totally different cultures and circumstanes - i do recognise the "need" of skating in one's life.

welcome to your fellow-men and keep smiling on wheels

Thank you for your kind words, Janneman
btw - I love how you describe yourself in your profile bio.

###
Old November 17th, 2006, 03:14 AM   #46
JandKLarson

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelannfournier View Post
I live in Sidney, NY and skate at Interskate 88 in Oneonta.
Hi Rachel.

I'm originally from Oxford in Chenango County (which I am sure you're familiar with). I now live in NJ, but travel back up to upstate NY every couple months or so. My husband and I are going to be in the area over the Thanksgiving holiday and are hoping to do some training at the rink in Oneonta. Hope to cross paths with you at some point. We're inline speedskaters and would always love to meet other skate enthusiasts!

Julie Barnes Larson and Kevin Larson
JandKLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 03:28 AM   #47
JandKLarson

Greetings Skate Log Forum!

My husband and I have both been "passive" readers of this forum for a while. To introduce ourselves, I am a Novice inline speedskater and my husband, Kevin, is a pro Veteran inline speedskater. I started skating on inlines recreationally in about 1998. I skated my first race in 2001, a half marathon in Prospect Park, Brooklyn, NY (one of the "lesser" races of the NYC 100k event). Shortly after that, I started skating indoors and met my husband Kevin, who was a sponsered Pro Master skater for EC Beast/Verducci. I skated off and on indoors for several years, while skating some outdoor races. I haved skated local outdoor races, and managed a great finish in the half marathon at Disney in 2004 (finished first in my age group). I started competing indoors in 2005 and went to Indoor National Championships in 2006. I continue to compete and train indoors and outdoors. Indoors, I am a member of the Fast Forward Inline Speedskating Team, www.ffwdskating.com, which has branches in NJ and PA, and outdoors, I am a member of Redline Speed, which has members in both the NE, as well as Florida, www.redlinespeed.com. My husband was previously a sponsered skater on Redline, but is now a sponsered skater on Tru Rev.

We both love to skate and train, and look forward to contributing to this forum.

Julie Barnes Larson and Kevin Larson
JandKLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 09:07 PM   #48
RobinF

Welcome, Julie and Kevin!
RobinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #49
Salomon ST Brother
ST Brother

Heya every1, I'm Evan from England, just found this forum whilst searching for rollerblading stuff. I'm nearly 15, dead keen about blading, I'm currently wearing Salomon ST Pro blades with Brandon Campbell Frames and Shifty Woody wheels. Looking forward to find out more about blading.
Salomon ST Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 07:14 PM   #50
JuGGalo_Sk8
100% Made Of Sandels

Default wats up

Whats up people. Im an aggressive inline guy myself. I dropped outta the game for about 4 years then randomly decided to start up again with some friends.

I posted in the noob section so read it and hit me back

Ima juggalo. Yea. Idk what else

CHECK MYSPACE FOR DETAILS
JuGGalo_Sk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 09:43 AM   #51
gbo
once faster than a wocket

JuGGalo_Sk8 wrote:
Quote:
Ima juggalo. Yea. Idk what else
Welcome to the board.

But, what's a juggalo? See, they keep me in the dark all day and at night I don't get out much so I don't know these things.

Thanks
gbo
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:31 AM   #52
speedysktr
President of Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbo View Post
See, they keep me in the dark all day and at night I don't get out much...
It's true, so if you see a pasty looking, squinty eyed skater chick, it's probably geebo. Be nice to her or we'll beat your ass.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:14 PM   #53
Jessica
Queen of the Mile

Quote:
It's true, so if you see a pasty looking, squinty eyed skater chick, it's probably geebo. Be nice to her or we'll beat your ass.
Word.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:25 PM   #54
gbo
once faster than a wocket

Quote:
It's true, so if you see a pasty looking, squinty eyed skater chick, it's probably geebo. Be nice to her
You forgot the armored garments. And, I don't know if I can be classified as a skater chick, either. More of a fall down chick.

but thanks for the thought. You, too, Jessisca.
gbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:41 PM   #55
Pepper Montana

G,
I got your back!
Pepper Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:04 PM   #56
speedysktr
President of Everything

There are a bunch of regulars in here that haven't posted in here, c'mon folks open up a little bit. Tell us about yourselves.
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:52 PM   #57
lee-mcdonald
the best member

aight,my names Lee, i been aggressive skating for about a year, if u havent seen the playlist thread, my fav band is disturbed and...as u can c in my sig...Lamb Of God...yeah i live up in canada and its snowing right now so it looks likie i wont be skating for a few months, i guess i can ski thou, ya thats about it,....i have long black curly hair, not much else 2 say about me
lee-mcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 07:04 PM   #58
MXspeed

Default Great EXERCISE for life

New to this forum, but have been skating since I was 5, can hardly remember that far back. I'm from MPLS-MN, been skating in the Roller gardens for 50 years. Worked for NWB, ATT, USWEST, and Uhg!! QWEST, until they laid me off, after 35 years. So, I retired at 60. Can't believe that was over 2 years ago.
I love skating, skiing, and Motocross, just wish I could do all three as well as I can skate. Skating has kepted me in shape for everything else I like to do.
Just put the MX bike away, cause it got cold here, high of 20 degrees to day.
Took up blading for the out-doors at 57, but there so slow indoors, or maybe I just have to work to hard on those soft 85a wheels, compared to the 101a bones I skate on. "Go fast or go home" I love having 4 adult sessions to pick from at my rink, 18 and over and 25 and over. Of the kids I skated with 20 years ago, many are still skating, it's great. Got to get my busy daughter out again, and the grand-kids can leave me behind on there ice skates, with all the hockey they play. but I still can give them a run on roller skates.
SKATE-ON
MXspeed
MXspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:32 PM   #59
online inline

Welcome aboard, MXspeed, and great bio!
But you are not the oldest on this board by a long shot.
For the last couple of years i trained with an indoor speed team in which the average age was about fifty or so, and some skaters were in the sixties, and competing regularly in races.
So, glad you spoke up and let us know that this sport can be enjoyed for years.
Hope you find some like-minded skate enthusiasts here, and always remember to wear protection.
online inline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:48 PM   #60
LezSk8

Location: Longwood, Florida, 1 1/2 miles from the Seminole Wekiva Trail.

MXSpeed, Welcome aboard! You're in great skate country. I hear you have great trails for inline, ice skating & cross country in the winter, Metrodome, etc. Have you skated the Min-SP or Northshore inline marathons? Let us hear from you again real soon.

LezSk8