S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Quad Roller Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Roller Skating Forum Discussions about quad roller skates and any other quad skating discussions that do not seem appropriate for one of our other forums.

Old July 18th, 2017, 02:00 AM   #1
fierocious1

Default Roller Derby

Magnesium 45 degree kingpin plate looks so nice. I had a chance to look at the geometry of the trucks and plate.... a tuners dream plate! Only question I have is does anyone have a pic of the top of these plates?
fierocious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Angry Unfortunately...

Photobucket has decided I need to give them 400.00 a year to let me post on "third party" web sites. Like I make money posting these pix. No way in hell am I gonna do that. In addition, they have shut off all the pix I posted here over the last 8 or 9 years.

They can kiss my a$$.

So what do you want to know about the back??
Old July 18th, 2017, 01:46 PM   #3
chuckboucher
is skating again. WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sk8 View Post
Photobucket has decided I need to give them 400.00 a year to let me post on "third party" web sites. Like I make money posting these pix. No way in hell am I gonna do that. In addition, they have shut off all the pix I posted here over the last 8 or 9 years.
Off-topic, but I use: https://postimages.org/

Carry on.
chuckboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 08:26 PM   #4
fierocious1

Quote:

They can kiss my a$$.

I need to know if the top of the plates are cut out or lightened or are they flat with no reliefs.
Old July 18th, 2017, 09:37 PM   #5
Machine

Quote:

They can kiss my a$$.

Like I mentioned when we were chatting. Use http://www.imgur.com

It's where I host all my images after Flickr pulled the same crap with me back in 2010.

It's free, fairly reliable, allows direct linking, the phone app is easy to use, and there's no real image limit.
Old July 18th, 2017, 10:58 PM   #6
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Default Without pulling them apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierocious1 View Post
I need to know if the top of the plates are cut out or lightened or are they flat with no reliefs.
they are open in the middle like the Avenger. As far as the mounting flats, I will have to pull them apart.
Old July 19th, 2017, 01:55 AM   #7
fierocious1

Quote:
they are open in the middle like the Avenger. As far as the mounting flats, I will have to pull them apart.
Don't go to that trouble, someone will have a set to mount and we can come back to this later. Thanks Doc. I was looking at them as a possible inline boot mounted plate.

I'm more comfortable than ever on the 195 mounted inline boots. Wish I had done this long ago. NO mounting issues with cracking/fracturing of the boots on bottom or any other damage so far.

On the SG DA45s the rear mounting bolt placed as close to the pivot cup as possible, the run out goes to the front where ever it falls between the pivot cup and the kingpin. The 165 mount boots rear mounting position is the same on the Powerslide boots as the 195mm. I don't use the shorter plates so I don't really know how smaller boots will work on shorter plates. In my case it all works with the lengths I prefer.
Old July 19th, 2017, 02:29 PM   #8
Doc Sk8
Yankee Catfish

Have you looked @ Chaya's Shiva 30 plates?? Their sk8s actually are designed to be mounted in a similar manner. Their boots have the necessary holes in the soles too. Of course, the spacing changes as the wheelbase changes but it might be worth investigating.

Oh they have true 8mm flip axle trucks that fit right up to Avenger plates.

Appreciate the tips on better photo hosting sites folks. I may get around to posting pix again soon.

Old July 19th, 2017, 11:47 PM   #9
leshomes

Talking Nosejob

Hi Doc

Are the chaya shiva's a candidate for a nose job?
Old July 21st, 2017, 02:32 AM   #10
fierocious1

Quote:
Have you looked @ Chaya's Shiva 30 plates?? Their sk8s actually are designed to be mounted in a similar manner. Their boots have the necessary holes in the soles too. Of course, the spacing changes as the wheelbase changes but it might be worth investigating.

Oh they have true 8mm flip axle trucks that fit right up to Avenger plates.

Appreciate the tips on better photo hosting sites folks. I may get around to posting pix again soon.

Will check them out
Old July 24th, 2017, 09:08 PM   #11
amohrfeld

When starting my plate modification venture, the first idea was to modify an Avenger to add a longer cushion. However there is not enough meat to allow the milling.

Lately I've been thinking it might be possible to modify the Roll Line Dance plate.
amohrfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2017, 01:30 AM   #12
fierocious1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohrfeld View Post
When starting my plate modification venture, the first idea was to modify an Avenger to add a longer cushion. However there is not enough meat to allow the milling.

Lately I've been thinking it might be possible to modify the Roll Line Dance plate.
I milled my white magnums and Invaders with no issues. Haven't looked at the Avengers. I cut to the edge of the radius of the cushion edge, then blended the metal with a ball end mill. I was a bit worried about having enough meat in the White Magnums because the metal is shaped different on each end between the pivot cup hole and the kingpin. One end has a fatter rib/web than the other end, so far no breakage. But those plates are retired now.... I wished for longer kingpins though.. So my plates use grade 8 studs that are over length.
Old July 25th, 2017, 11:14 PM   #13
Dec8rSk8r

I've used http://tinypic.com/
Dec8rSk8r is offline   Reply With Quote