S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Skating Forum Most of the discussions in this forum will be about inline speed skating but discussions about ice speed skating and quad roller speed skating are also welcome.

Old September 7th, 2016, 07:11 PM   #21
shesk8

I have been playing with both 4x100 to 3x110 lately, and dont feel I've lost any ground on speed. The 3x frames will take 125mm, but not sure I want the extra added weight, or if the weight will compromise speed.

On similar topic - I have been looking for a wheel surface area chart to compare 100mm, 110mm and 125mm wheels surface contact areas, for given wheel hardnesses. Anyone have any pointers to finding this info in the forum or elsewhere? I suppose I could also go brush up on my geometry (in my spare time), but I'd rather use that time productively for skating and figured this stuff was most likely posted somewhere?
shesk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2016, 12:49 AM   #22
AZ Roadrunner

"I have been playing with both 4x100 to 3x110 lately, and dont feel I've lost any ground on speed. The 3x frames will take 125mm, but not sure I want the extra added weight, or if the weight will compromise speed."

The extra roll and potential speed you gain from the 125 will easily make-up for any little bit of added weight. The gain will be fewer strokes, a better roll, a smoother more stable skating experience equaling more fun, IMO
Old September 9th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #23
shesk8

AZ RR.... you are tempting me!!

I am going to test 125's on this particular set up this weekend. Just for fun.
shesk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2017, 07:53 PM   #24
AZ Roadrunner

Default A Shout Out!

I found an old Frame thread so not to start a new thread.

A shout out to Mota. I have been looking to get another 125 frame for my second pair of boots. I have a great pair of Simmons boots I love and haven't been using them. I saw the Mota 125 frame for $89. I looked at the specs and thought I'd give them a try. Normally I always buy the top priced equipment, my last two frames were $400, EO and Vanquish which are great frames. I thought for $89 from a very experienced skate family it's worth a try.

IMO for $89 the Mota frame is a very nice frame and most would never know the difference after spending $300 for a frame with the same specs. The frame feel was very nice and the setup was surprisingly fast and I thought after 20 miles I'd feel the difference but that wasn't the case. I was pleasantly surprised and these frames are for real.

The frames arrived in one day after ordering and they look and feel great. For $89 delivered I couldn't be happier...
Old August 9th, 2017, 04:44 AM   #25
panch0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Roadrunner View Post
The frames arrived in one day after ordering and they look and feel great. For $89 delivered I couldn't be happier...
Nice!! Keep us posted on more news regarding your new frame!