S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Speed Skating Forum > Quad Speed
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quad Speed Discussions about speed skating in quad roller skates.

Old June 22nd, 2015, 04:05 PM   #21
Fancy-Kerrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabedaRD View Post
The Proline sounds like it's exactly what you are looking for, it's super lightweight, precise and durable. You'll never have to worry about looking for another plate again.
I would argue that the new Proline has a great quality control system as we make them right here in-house and oversee production the whole way through.

They are a more expensive plate, but as Fancy-Kerrigan said, you don't wanna go high quality on a boot, and then go cheaper on the plate. Prolines are time-tested and proven to be one of the highest quality plates out there.
I'm obviously going to recommend the Proline, but if you are interested don't hesitate to shoot me any questions.
I actually have a new school Proline and an OG Proline. Only difference I can see is the trucks may be a little more perfectly milled on the OG Prolines. But let me tell you, the new school ones have been used and abused and are rock solid. Jumps, hand stands, cartwheels, skate parks, and skating on streets so rough, no one should ever skate on them.....ever! I am 100% thrilled with them and recomend Proline to everyone. If you ever need anyone to test anything....or have too much Proline swag hanging aroud the R&D office these days hit me up I'm your Fanciest fan.
Fancy-Kerrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2015, 05:47 PM   #22
Rancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommemi View Post
Maybe because I skimmed the comments, but I didn't see a lot of wheel advice. I know there are a lot out there, but I would say the type of wheel you want depends on your weight and the rink floor coating. I don't know if you are interested in light wheels or wheels with a strong hub to support you. That will guide your wheel shopping too. If you want to save some money, there are some decent priced wheels through Atom like the low-boys, strokers, etc that will be good for you. If you want to really be competitive, you'll have to try out other wheels to see what works for you. Shamans, Power Plus, etc are popular. Anabolix wheels were all the rage but they don't seem to be selling them anymore, so you'd have to look for used ones that someone is selling off and regroove them if you care about grooves on your wheels. Does Great Skate sell wheels? They probably have some good info from their own dealers. Good luck!!
There are some annabolix wheels for sale on the bay right now. Atomic and Purple reigns. They are supposedly the last of them...
Old May 26th, 2017, 11:49 PM   #23
dubstylist
DETROIT SPRING 2017!

Default finally!

Riedell 911 - Powerdyne Reactor - Hyper Shaman

Last edited by dubstylist; May 26th, 2017 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Description
dubstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #24
fierocious1

fierocious1 is online now   Reply With Quote