S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Special Interest Skating Forums (sorted by number of posts) > Hockey and Other Roller Games
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hockey and Other Roller Games Discussions about hockey played on inline skates, quad roller skates, and ice skates. Also includes discussions about other games played on skates such as roller basketball and rollersoccer.

Old October 21st, 2007, 09:12 PM   #1
NavySk8ter

Default Hockey Skate Advise Specifically Mission/Tour

I've been wearing Salomon FSK D-Max for about three years and like them tremendously. My son has grown into my shoe size and has taken these over. So I am shopping for a new pair of Salomon FSK's only to find they've pulled out of the inline business. I found Powerslide Cell 2 skates on skates.com. Not in my size though US 12. So I started reading threads here to see if any other skate out there woud do. I have had a lot of trouble with hard shell skates due to the large ankle bones I have. So I generally stay to the soft boot skates. The Seba 1 highs look like what I am looking for but it is impossible to find in the US. I do not want to order from overseas or Canada due to the usual shipping problems/costs. I am considering using Hockey skates to fill that gap, but I haven't kept up W/the fit and style and whether or not they need to be baked. I cannot seem to sort out Missions website to glean any useful info. does anyone out there have any info concerning Mission/Tour skates whether they would be good for freeriding/slalom and whether they need to be baked to get a proper fit? I'm looking at the skates that fall in the 150.00 to 200.00 dollar price range meaning Tour Code Reds 198.00 and Mission Soldier 199.00/DSX 149.00. I have used Missions before and generally liked them ok but mine were the Proto VI's circa 2001. They had to be Baked.
NavySk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 10:10 PM   #2
NavySk8ter

I actually posted this twice. First in the Slalom Freestyle category. I am really just looking for reviews on the current Mission/Tour skates I named. Sorry for any confusion. I just realized I would probably get better responses on those skates here in this forum.

Thanks,
Miles
NavySk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote