S k a t e L o g     F o r u m
Inline Skating and Quad Roller Skating
Forum Hosts: Jessica Wright | Kathie Fry

FOLLOW US: Our Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Email    

Home - Forum Index - Africa Skating - Asia Skating - Europe Skating - Oceania Skating - Pan America Skating - Roller_Rinks - Friend the SkateLog Forum in Facebook - SkateLog Forum on Facebook

Forum Administrators: Jessica Wright and Kathie Fry | Email Us
Access code for buying and selling subforums: "skates"
How To Get a User Account and Posting Privileges in the SkateLog Forum
Use Google to Search the SkateLog Forum

Go Back   SkateLog Forum > Other Forums > Off-Topic Discussions
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Discussions You can use this forum to talk about any non-skating topic you want.

Old February 24th, 2018, 06:13 PM   #61
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantoo View Post
All politicians add like that.
Its called confusing the masses....
no... not all politicians.

what really scares me is that way way too many US voters DO add that way and convince themselves they are OK and everyone else is wrong. And then pick fun of and start fights with folks who do not buy into their dysfunction.
Old February 24th, 2018, 09:15 PM   #62
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursle View Post
I'm rather hoping for #8, Pence scares the bejesus out of me....
Up until very recently I've thought Pence to be 'reasonable enough' (well, aside from being willing to be the VP to Trump's POTUS) but his recent on-camera comment that the Russian meddling had no effect on the election has made me change my mind. While it is possible that his comment may have meant to convey the concept that either "No votes that were cast were changed after the fact by the Russians" or "No on-the-fly vote tallies were affected"... it sure seems as if the comment's intended meaning was that the Russian influence campaign did not affect voter feelings, hence voting, in any way. If this last was his meaning... he has lost all credibility.

Last edited by bjvircks; February 24th, 2018 at 10:41 PM. Reason: replaced the word 'true' with 'possible'
bjvircks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:04 AM   #63
quantoo

Default kennedy is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
no... not all politicians.

what really scares me is that way way too many US voters DO add that way and convince themselves they are OK and everyone else is wrong. And then pick fun of and start fights with folks who do not buy into their dysfunction.
why bother bringing up the only president that could add 2 and 2.
quantoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 06:19 PM   #64
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Here we are, approaching a watershed moment, the 2018 midterm elections.

I think we can all agree that the Mueller team has been silent regarding anything that has not been publicly charged/prosecuted to date. I believe that once the midterm election is completed Mueller/Rosenstein will unveil the findings and all hell will break loose regardless of what they are.

I strongly suspect that Trump will be revealed to be a huge (current) tax cheat very beholding to Russian & Saudi 'under the table' cash to keep his empire afloat. I also believe it will be shown that Trump actively colluded with Russia and other foreign governments. (Trump's ignorance of what constitutes collusion is no defense.)

If the House and Senate both flip to solid Democrat control I think Trump will quit the Presidency the day before the new Representatives and Senators get sworn in.

Quote:
Here is an interesting office pool

"When will Trump not be President?"

pick a day/month/year

It does not matter HOW he leaves office, but if you guess right you double or triple the winnings. The pick closest to actual day wins.

He could: (in order I think most likely)
1) quit (I like my old life... who knew this job was so much work?)
2) be impeached
3) be removed by action via article 4 of the 25th amendment
4) be killed in an accident
5) be assassinated
6) get beamed up by space aliens and never seen on earth again
7) other
8) be voted out and transfer power to next president-elect at regular inauguration
Old October 18th, 2018, 06:52 PM   #65
ursle
Street Skater

Quote:
Here is an interesting office pool

"When will Trump not be President?"

pick a day/month/year

It does not matter HOW he leaves office, but if you guess right you double or triple the winnings. The pick closest to actual day wins.

He could: (in order I think most likely)
1) quit (I like my old life... who knew this job was so much work?)
2) be impeached
3) be removed by action via article 4 of the 25th amendment
4) be killed in an accident
5) be assassinated
6) get beamed up by space aliens and never seen on earth again
7) other
8) be voted out and transfer power to next president-elect at regular inauguration
Actually, in reality, Trump has yet to be president, more then half the official positions needed to effectively run the government are unfilled and the ones Trump filled are filled with incompetent people that actively attempt to bring chaos to their position, all the allies and trading partners the US had have been rudely insulted, and the trade treaty's ignored, yet Americas enemy's are Trumps best friends, currently, Trump is again lying about the facts concerning the brutal murder of a journalist in Turkey by, yep, Saudi Arabia, he will never be president.
ursle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 09:26 PM   #66
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
Actually, in reality, Trump has yet to be president, more then half the official positions needed to effectively run the government are unfilled and the ones Trump filled are filled with incompetent people that actively attempt to bring chaos to their position...
To a certain extent I have to agree here.

Sometimes in discussions with others I characterize Trump's actions as those of an out of contol child in a room of other children who are building bridges, houses, etc with building blocks. Trump cannot build anything politically from scratch on his own and so spends all his time running around smashing down all the other children's creations and telling them how bad their things are and how dumb they are. By and large, Trump's actions as President amount to him issuing large numbers of executive orders 'smashing stuff' and then others in his administration are left to scurry around cleaning up the messes he has caused.

I reserve judgment on leaving posts unfilled. In certain instances I am an advocate for radical change and I cannot help but wonder if this approach, while awkward and disruptive right now, might be helpful future years to reduce govt bloating.
Old October 19th, 2018, 04:10 PM   #67
bjvircks
Major Trouble

Quote:
...(many positions Trump HAS filled) are filled with incompetent people that actively attempt to bring chaos to their position....
this part I wholeheartedly agree with. Many (way too many!) have been clearly shown to be incompetent and worse, unethical and self dealing, openly acting as shills for the business interests of the sectors they are supposed to be watching over for the best interests of ALL THE PEOPLE of the U.S.
Old October 29th, 2018, 03:20 AM   #68
fierocious1

Quote:
this part I wholeheartedly agree with. Many (way too many!) have been clearly shown to be incompetent and worse, unethical and self dealing, openly acting as shills for the business interests of the sectors they are supposed to be watching over for the best interests of ALL THE PEOPLE of the U.S.
Well that just fits fine, only filling half the positions with nitwits, half as many as bozo, saving the taxpayers 50% or so of government waste in those departments. Good Job Trump... I knew there was a silver lining in there somewhere...